Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ MICK McCARTHY CATCH 22 “

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:20 am

Really there is no straightforward or simple clear answer.

We have a typical “catch 22” situation is where WE want him out but don’t want to or can’t pay the money ….. and he naturally knows that he is “dead man walking” and undoubtedly would be happy relieved if he can get out …… but obviously won’t unless he gets paid.

So we are stuck in him continuing to manage when neither he nor us wan him to continue. This is xxcking our football position and no good to us or him.

Like I said already ….. gardening leave is the answer ….. but what IF we can not legally do it because his contract stipulates that he and he alone can pick the team ? But personally I doubt Tan & Dalman would of allowed that :lol:

….it follows that if we go the gardening leave option ….. it will be tantamount to dismissing him ….. which in turn would automatically mean FULL compensation …. when at the moment we can negotiate a reduced payment.

We have a mess on our hands once again that could be damaging to our future and the Club/Tan must be more decisive and sort it !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ MICK McCARTHY CATCH 22 “

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Unfortunately I think that we will need to go down to go up again in a much better state. Because no matter who comes in we are going down due to lack of funds within our club. I can see how this seasons story will end and it ends in relegation because not only Tan is unwilling to put more money in but there lack of football knowledge will send us down. Tan will be keeping the board on due to the fact that he wont know who to replace them with and then the board will simply keep making mistakes causing us fans to wonder what is the point in our board.

And if we go down Tan will most likely leave our club with no money, poor players and poor management throughout the club in League 1.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:07 pm

Rumour mill saying micks gone probably a wind up? :D

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:11 pm

Just get Rid. We can survive with a positive appointment. Look at the clubs in Division 1, we don’t want to go there.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:12 pm

I don’t buy it’s a money issue

Relegation will cost tan and the club a major amount more than a £1m pay off for McCarthy and Connor

Plus if they are waiting for the boro game the coo is hardly gonna change at all

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Unfortunately I think that we will need to go down to go up again in a much better state. Because no matter who comes in we are going down due to lack of funds within our club. I can see how this seasons story will end and it ends in relegation because not only Tan is unwilling to put more money in but there lack of football knowledge will send us down. Tan will be keeping the board on due to the fact that he wont know who to replace them with and then the board will simply keep making mistakes causing us fans to wonder what is the point in our board.

And if we go down Tan will most likely leave our club with no money, poor players and poor management throughout the club in League 1.

A decent manager can save this. We more than held our own against arguably the best team in the league tonight. We dominated Reading. In both matches he was forced to get more bodies forward.

However in both games, we still have a midfield who are drilled to sit back even when we are attacking. A new manager can sort this out - IF it is the right one and not left to late.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:33 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Unfortunately I think that we will need to go down to go up again in a much better state. Because no matter who comes in we are going down due to lack of funds within our club. I can see how this seasons story will end and it ends in relegation because not only Tan is unwilling to put more money in but there lack of football knowledge will send us down. Tan will be keeping the board on due to the fact that he wont know who to replace them with and then the board will simply keep making mistakes causing us fans to wonder what is the point in our board.

Sam, you spend the whole post saying, we are going down, then at the end say IF we go down, make your mind up at least!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:34 pm

Can't we just transfer him internally? He's from Yorkshire so probably makes a cracking brew - any tea lady positions opening up?

Sod it we could do a straight swap.

Even Gladys knows not to play 5 centrebacks, two fullbacks, and a holding midfielder at the same time. I hear Ethel has been working on getting her UEFA licence as well. Only 78 as well so in line with the boards preference for hiring 'experience'

;)