Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STEVE BRUCE LEAVES THE TOON: WORTH A PUNT?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:38 am

Steve Bruce has left Newcastle United 'by mutual consent' as the club start the search for a new manager/coach

Linked to the Bluebirds by some, Graham Jones has taken temporary charge

Re: BREAKING: STEVE BRUCE LEAVES THE TOON

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:41 am

Sven wrote:Steve Bruce has left Newcastle United 'by mutual consent' as the club start the search for a new manager/coach

Would 100% take Steve Bruce

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:43 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:Steve Bruce has left Newcastle United 'by mutual consent' as the club start the search for a new manager/coach

Would 100% take Steve Bruce

Yup! :thumbup:

But I feel he will take a break before receiving offers in the Championship, where his promotion record is on a par with Neil Warnock's :clap:

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:13 am

100% would take Bruce. Very good championship manager

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:54 am

Says he thinks Newcastle will be his last job in football unless a club call and asks him to give them a hand. Steve Bruce is no fool and a very good manager so I say make the call Ken.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: STEVE BRUCE LEAVES THE TOON: WORTH A PUNT?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:36 am

Not for me now as his age is now against him and I seem to remember he walked at Hull when he couldn't get the financial assurances he wanted when he got Hull promoted.Someone younger please.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:38 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Not for me now as his age is now against him and I seem to remember he walked at Hull when he couldn't get the financial assurances he wanted when he got Hull promoted.Someone younger please.

Remember Hull City? Where are they now? ;)

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:45 am

Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Not for me now as his age is now against him and I seem to remember he walked at Hull when he couldn't get the financial assurances he wanted when he got Hull promoted.Someone younger please.

I think they are further down a road we may well be following.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:52 am

what are we going to pay him with ?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:what are we going to pay him with ?

Maybe when VT realizes that he is going to lose a lot more money if we end up in league 1 he will bite the bullet and pay MM off and pay for a new manager. In my opinion this is what he will do ;)

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think they are further down a road we may well be following.

Martin, at current rate... :thumbup:

My point was that they did okay whilst he was there but seriously, he's talking of retirement and maybe the odd firefighting role; a bit like Sam Allardyce

Even if it were possible, which I doubt, I see money (pay and transfer) being an issue

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 pm

Would he even be remotely interested in coming to us?

What exactly are we offering?

A low quality squad lacking in confidence.

Years of playing in a particular style which would be difficult to change quickly.

No money available to sign or loan players.

Probably a short term initial contract like Mick was given.

A relegation battle that looks like it will be fought with both hands tied behind his back.

An ownership and board structure that continues to show little knowledge of how to run a football club successfully.

Cardiff City at the moment I'm afraid are unlikely to be an attractive proposition for the type of manager that we need most.

We'll end up with a cheap, available option who is either desperate for a job like Mick was, or somebody like Flynn for whom it will be an opportunity to be involved at a level they have absolutely no knowledge or experience at.

Testing times.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Bruce definitely wouldn't fix the situation we are in. If we want to change we need to go for a progressive manager (when MM goes of course) Is that likely to happen? i think not but we can dream :|

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:16 pm

BlueLew wrote:Bruce definitely wouldn't fix the situation we are in. If we want to change we need to go for a progressive manager (when MM goes of course) Is that likely to happen? i think not but we can dream :|

Definitely wouldn't...? :?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Definite no from me. His body language alone is unlikely to do much for team spirit.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:42 pm

Sums him up ,players love him
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Not another Dinosaur please.
I don't want a nice manager I want a manager who scares the shit out of the players, like Ferguson did. It works.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:38 pm

Not for me ....don’t know what the Newcastle job has taken out of him.
Very decent guy by all accounts but think we should be looking at other options (if we have any) .
Wish him the best tho

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 pm

Steve Bruce is going to replace ole at Man Utd then beat Newcastle to the treble. That’s my prediction!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:58 pm

No thanks....

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:26 pm

No.Perennial loser.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Young hungry manager please

What would we give him if he got us promotion ?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:11 pm

If he plays his cards right and gets us promoted - we would have to give him a Brucie Bonus ......

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:14 pm

You could bring in Jesus Christ him self but even he couldn't do much with this group of players. There's a handful I'd keep the others I'd get rid of tomorrow

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:25 pm

He wants a break ,probably get a good pay off may retire ,he reports having loads of abuse.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:51 am

Sacking McCarthy and replacing him with Bruce would be a complete waste of time, similar managers from same era and school of management. Might as well keep Mick if that is the replacement.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 am

He certainly wouldn't be in my Top 10 choices :lol:

However, I do think he would be better than McCarthy. I don't get the feeling that players warm to McCarthy yet managers like Warnock and Bruce seem to carry many of their players with them.

Still would rather not though !!