Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City First Team Coach Appointed Newport Manager

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:10 pm

Well that’s one less coach to pay off :lol: :lol:

Updated:

Newport County AFC are delighted to announce the appointment of James Rowberry as the club's new Manager

Cardiff City first-team coach James Rowberry is appointed as Mike Flynn's successor at Newport County.

The 36-year-old will take the reins in what will be his first job as a manager.

The Rowberry name is synonymous with Newport. His grandfather, Jimmy Jenkins, was a key figure at Newport back in the 1970s and 1980s and was central in engineering moves for the likes of Tony Pulis and Glyn Jones to Bristol Rovers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City First Team Coach Appointed Newport Manager

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well that’s one less coach to pay off :lol: :lol:

Cardiff City first-team coach James Rowberry is appointed as Mike Flynn's successor at Newport County.

Yep, that certainly helps ! I'm sure any delay is down to money, i.e. agreeing compo, so perhaps this will make that a bit easier ?

We can only hope.

Good appointment for him and Newport.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well that’s one less coach to pay off :lol: :lol:

The 36-year-old will take the reins in what will be his first job as a manager.

The Rowberry name is synonymous with Newport. His grandfather, Jimmy Jenkins, was a key figure at Newport back in the 1970s and 1980s and was central in engineering moves for the likes of Tony Pulis and Glyn Jones to Bristol Rovers

As expected and I wish him well.. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Reply from a Newport Fan:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:38 pm

Newport County AFC are delighted to announce the appointment of James Rowberry as the club's new Manager

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:46 pm

I’m sure he must have been frustrated with MM’s tactics! I hope he’s successful with County and then he may come back to manage us! Apparently a very Highly rated young coach!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:47 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:I’m sure he must have been frustrated with MM’s tactics! I hope he’s successful with County and then he may come back to manage us! Apparently a very Highly rated young coach!

Ended 2-2,County down to 9 men.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:20 pm

stickywicket wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:I’m sure he must have been frustrated with MM’s tactics! I hope he’s successful with County and then he may come back to manage us! Apparently a very Highly rated young coach!

Ended 2-2,County down to 9 men.

He was there tonight - Good to him .