CCFC BOARD HAVE GIVEN McCARTHY 2 GAMES TO SAVE HIS JOB

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Ibby » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am

He should have gone after Reading game. International break then used to appoint new manager.

After 8 defeats in City’s last 9 games including 6 consecutive defeats and only 1 goal scored in last 6 games, Tan, Dalman & Choo yesterday had a meeting in London and have given Mick McCarthy the next 2 matches to save his job.

Tuesday 19th October 2021

Cardiff's hierarchy held a board meeting on Monday during which it was decided that McCarthy would be given this week's matches before any call over the manager's future is made.

The upshot, it appears, is that McCarthy has two matches to save his job and needs to start winning again with immediate effect to convince Cardiff owner Vincent Tan he is the right man moving forward.

Two more miserable defeats or no sign of any marked improvement will only heap insurmountable pressure on the manager and, in turn, the board.

McCarthy, who has been in professional football now for 44 years, understands the situation and knows that anything other than a drastic improvement in results and performances will likely only lead to his exit.

Indeed, ahead of Sunday's South Wales derby, McCarthy said: "I’ve only had support from the top.

"When that question is asked, it’s always about the job. That's the meaning behind it.

"I fully understand that if you lose games then you lose your job. OK, but that’s not what creates the pressure for me. What creates the pressure is the game against Swansea, to try and win it.

"There's nothing I can do about [the decision over my future], all I can do is keep trying to win games.

"I'm under pressure to get a performance and a result. If we do, that will be brilliant. If we don't, I fully understand the rules of the game."
Attachments
BB9F28A0-642E-4223-B9A6-EB71388194D1.jpeg
BB9F28A0-642E-4223-B9A6-EB71388194D1.jpeg (174.68 KiB) Viewed 10673 times
Ibby

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CCFC BOARD HAVE GIVEN McCARTHY 2 GAMES TO SAVE HIS JOB

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:32 am

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 2 Cardiff City 0 Reading 1 :cry: :cry: :cry: Crowd 18,400 Away Support ( 1,560)

Sunday 17th October Swansea City 3 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City Crowd Away Support (1,474)

- Fulham (A) – 7:45pm, Wednesday 20th October

- Middlesbrough (H) – 12:30pm, Saturday 23rd October (Sky Sports) £150,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:
Attachments
13762927-8574-4B22-B765-59CF7D0E525E.jpeg
13762927-8574-4B22-B765-59CF7D0E525E.jpeg (306.53 KiB) Viewed 10625 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:38 am

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:49 am

A bit of a poisoned chalice for Mick McCarthy there with two tough games to come v The Happy Clappers and a Neil Warnock XI out to rub salt into our wounds

Can you imagine the irony of former Bluebird manager Neil ap Warnock hammering the final nail in...?

I would find that an irony but would rather win the game; but I feel many on here might actually want to see it, if it opens the proverbial trap door...

For me, the club are now just buying time and (maybe) sounding out potential replacements

The names being bandied about don't exactly inspire me though and the club's bosses need to take a serious look at what comes next

Steve Morrison, on a temporary basis, would seem a good call until Xmas when personnel changes might be made

Our form simply cannot get any worse and if he is 'doing the business' by then, it might be worth a contract to the season's end

A fair trial for Steve Morrison and the meantime, it will give the club space to assess how and with who they want to go forward; preferably with one-year rolling contracts being the norm

Do well, keep your job; it ain't hard to fathom... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Sven wrote:A bit of a poisoned chalice for Mick McCarthy there with two tough games to come v The Happy Clappers and a Neil Warnock XI out to rub salt into our wounds

Can you imagine the irony of former Bluebird manager Neil ap Warnock hammering the final nail in...?

I would find that an irony but would rather win the game; but I feel many on here might actually want to see it, if it opens the proverbial trap door...

For me, the club are now just buying time and (maybe) sounding out potential replacements

The names being bandied about don't exactly inspire me though and the club's bosses need to take a serious look at what comes next

Steve Morrison, on a temporary basis, would seem a good call until Xmas when personnel changes might be made

Our form simply cannot get any worse and if he is 'doing the business' by then, it might be worth a contract to the season's end

A fair trial for Steve Morrison and the meantime, it will give the club space to assess how and with who they want to go forward; preferably with one-year rolling contracts being the norm

Chris I just saw OGS down the bay talking to Dalman :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Igovernor

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:A bit of a poisoned chalice for Mick McCarthy there with two tough games to come v The Happy Clappers and a Neil Warnock XI out to rub salt into our wounds

Chris I just saw OGS down the bay talking to Dalman :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Rog, can you imagine.. ! :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 pm

The bit that worries me is that MM continually says, when asked about his job, "I cant do anything about it".

When a manager says he cant do anything about something you have to ask whether he is capable of the job - because the board want someone in charge who can persuade them that he is the right man for the job.

When interviewed on Sunday rather than saying "he cant do anything about it" I would have liked him to say something along the lines of:

"Results have been shit. Performances have been shit. I, along with the squad, are wholly responsible for those performances. I can either sit back and accept the inevitable or I can get the players in on Monday work out where we are going wrong and show the board that they have the right squad and the right manager to get them into the Play Offs".

The moment a manager says he cannot do anything about it - you might as well pick a supporter from the crowd and invite them to do better!
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby davids » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:16 pm

A mistake in my view.

Can certainly write off tomorrow but a home game against Boro is one which could yield vital points.

If we gat hammered tomorrow and Mick is still there on Saturday there will be a terrible air of negativity in the ground which will play right into Warnock's hands and with stubborn Mick insisting on playing a system that's obviously failing I can't see us getting anything out of that game.

However, if Mick goes after tomorrow night I think even an interim manager will get far more support and backing from the fans on Saturday which even at this stage of the season is looking like a game we can't afford to lose.
davids

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:The bit that worries me is that MM continually says, when asked about his job, "I cant do anything about it".

When a manager says he cant do anything about something you have to ask whether he is capable of the job - because the board want someone in charge who can persuade them that he is the right man for the job.

When interviewed on Sunday rather than saying "he cant do anything about it" I would have liked him to say something along the lines of:

"Results have been shit. Performances have been shit. I, along with the squad, are wholly responsible for those performances. I can either sit back and accept the inevitable or I can get the players in on Monday work out where we are going wrong and show the board that they have the right squad and the right manager to get them into the Play Offs".

The moment a manager says he cannot do anything about it - you might as well pick a supporter from the crowd and invite them to do better!

Well said, Paul Keevil... :clap: :ayatollah:

PMSL on the last line but shouldn't really, as it might yet happen...! :laughing5:
Sven

Postby RV Casual » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:47 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:The bit that worries me is that MM continually says, when asked about his job, "I cant do anything about it".

Spot on mate, he's given up I think, he won't quit so just waiting to be sacked and the board should have put him out of misery, its a shame after such a great start but I just think hes lost the plot and can't be bothered anymore
RV Casual

Postby Danny Says » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm

He should have gone after WBA. Playing 5 CBs at the back for a 0-0 was clear negligence meaning he’s not fit to carry out his duties in a reasonable and proper way.
Danny Says

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm

I can't believe the hierarchy are allowing Mick two more games after the last few weeks of misery! (unless, of course, they are already making plans for a replacement while Mick remains in the hot seat)

The opinion of the vast majority of fans seem to be ignored.

Assuming we lose against Fulham, I would like to see some sort of organised demonstration outside the ground by the fans against the board.
Or are we just going to sit back and simply moan about the situation to ourselves on social media!
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:40 pm

I think they are meeting to discuss who can they get either temporary or permanent as we speak and making calls right now he will be gone next week no doubt!
Bluebina

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Spot on mate, he's given up I think, he won't quit so just waiting to be sacked and the board should have put him out of misery, its a shame after such a great start but I just think hes lost the plot and can't be bothered anymore

Completely agree. I just don’t think he cares enough.
He’s going through the motions.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:56 pm

davids wrote:A mistake in my view.

Can certainly write off tomorrow but a home game against Boro is one which could yield vital points.

If we gat hammered tomorrow and Mick is still there on Saturday there will be a terrible air of negativity in the ground which will play right into Warnock's hands and with stubborn Mick insisting on playing a system that's obviously failing I can't see us getting anything out of that game.

However, if Mick goes after tomorrow night I think even an interim manager will get far more support and backing from the fans on Saturday which even at this stage of the season is looking like a game we can't afford to lose.

I agree with this.

The fans just want a change. Even if it's an interim manager at least it will mean that we won't have to put up with the team selections and dire football that McCarthy has set us up to deliver.

Whoever is the replacement will get my backing, even if I don't agree with the appointment.
piledriver64

Postby Welsh Exile » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:57 pm

How do we know this is even true ? Both of them work in London so not surprising a meeting may or may not have taken place, but how does anyone know the content of that meeting and the fact that they have given MM the next 2 games ?

Surely this is pure speculation ? Based on current performance you could argue logical guess work maybe ?

Don’t get me wrong I actually think he should have gone yesterday, and looking at the fixtures coming up then getting someone in now, whether permanent or caretaking/temporary then that could be enough time to get something from the Boro game and kick on from there.
Welsh Exile

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:13 pm

This give him 2 games is nonsense thing to do? So he wins one draws other so we keep him but he then loses next 4 games what then? Give him another two games? Just doesn't make sense.
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:This give him 2 games is nonsense thing to do? So he wins one draws other so we keep him but he then loses next 4 games what then? Give him another two games? Just doesn't make sense.

Allan,

That’s your mates for you .

Only kidding

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:This give him 2 games is nonsense thing to do? So he wins one draws other so we keep him but he then loses next 4 games what then? Give him another two games? Just doesn't make sense.

Allan,

Only kidding

Ooh you bitch! :mrgreen:
Only friend is ken chat regularly to him on match days ...
But seriously annis it never made sense on any scale.... you see it whenever a club is struggling? the point is we've lost 18 points now we gain 4 next two games but then lose another 12 after following 4 games.... that's 30 points lost !! :o to late to get rid then as damage already done... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:32 pm

"The moment a manager says he cannot do anything about it - you might as well pick a supporter from the crowd and invite them to do better!"

Pick me, pick me - I've 50 years+ of watching the City, I once applied for the job when Scoular got the boot but sadly didn't make the shortlist :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I like Mick, I know we are garbage and he is ultimately responsible, especially playing 5 centre halves, but the facts are the facts, he has lost whatever it was he had, and it is time to address that.

Longer term, we lurch from one to another don't we, and sadly we haven't played attractive football since DJ was here, working on a shoestring - even though our defending was comical at times, we played some lovely football. Haven't really done that since - Malky, OGS, Uncle Fester, Trolls, St Neil, MM - poor fayre all of it, with the odd sprinkle of Whitts frankly we were boring, and now we've added crap to boring.

CTID
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:35 pm

I have just been told on good authority that it won’t really matter what happens in McCarthys next two games, he will be gone if they can come to a fair pay off deal. My worry is Mick is very thick skinned & willing to not to accept any less

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby montyblue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:57 pm

So if mick holds fulham to a draw and we beat boro we are stuck with mick till xmas we had this with harris win a game and then loose 3 just get shot the man is not going to walk away snd the board signed him not the fans so its there fault lets just hope they are not looking at another dudd what a shame they do not listen to the supports choice of manager
If pulis comes i am handing in season ticket.
montyblue

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Just delaying the inevitable. There is no coming back from this for mick now.
Escott1927

Postby Blueman39 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Dont believe anything anymore....so many rumours....
The club is never decisive especially when skint .
MM will be here till he gets what he wants
Blueman39

Postby JJBlueDraggon » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have just been told on good authority that it won’t really matter what happens in McCarthys next two games, he will be gone if they can come to a fair pay off deal. My worry is Mick is very thick skinned & willing to not to accept any less

Tomorrow night against Fulham we are all expecting to lose no matter who is the manager, but Mick shouldn't be anywhere near the dugout on Saturday if this is the case.

If they can't find an agreement over the payoff by Saturday, just put him on gardening leave in the meantime and have Steve Morrison take the team out on Saturday.

I think unless there is a rabbit out of the hat against Fulham, I'd be flabbergasted to see Mick still there on Saturday and I think the Fulham score may force the clubs hand. There's no way the club is going to risk such a toxic atmosphere on Saturday in what in other circumstances is a game we should be targeting to win. And if Mick knows he's going to go regardless of what happens, what sort of mentality and effect will that have on him, the team and his team selection? We'll be playing with 8 CB's tomorrow and Saturday, with Bacuna and Collins up front
JJBlueDraggon

Postby TERRYB » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 am

A heavy defeat against Fulham tonight and fans will be voting with their feet on Saturday and that includes season ticket holders. :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby stickywicket » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:59 am

It's a pity the owner and board haven't been given two games.
Perhaps they should tell us.
Who replaced Murphy. Ojo. Wilson. Holiett. Bennett?
The squad has been ripped apart.
The City are only heading one, way. That's down.
Whoever the manager is they have to battle through to January before there's any hope of adding new players
stickywicket

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Only kidding

Annis, you tinker...! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sven

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:03 pm

TERRYB wrote:A heavy defeat against Fulham tonight and fans will be voting with their feet on Saturday and that includes season ticket holders. :bluescarf:

I'll still be there getting behind the XI on the pitch :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Doesn't mean I won't be venting some anger and/or frustration at differing points, as I do even when we are 3 up (a rarity, I know)

One thing I won't be doing either is verbally hammering the manager during the game.

Assuming he is still here at that point and if need be, I'll leave that until after it :thumbright:
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Only kidding

Annis, you tinker...! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes chris agree totally... but I'm
fussy about the mates i have... :laughing5:
pembroke allan

Next

Return to General Chat