Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Could this be why MM is still our manager ? :

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City The only job in the world where you get sacked and get richer it’s the same at most clubs, but a lot more at our club.

OGS abject failure.3 and a half million.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 pm

The problem lies with the people who picked the managers who are still here and will probably pick another dudd.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 pm

fred keenor wrote:MM resigned from Ipswich because he lost the fans, why has he not done the same here, every single of one us wants him gone

Don't know the exact situation at Ipswich but suspect his contract was coming to an end when he resigned and he knew it would not be renewed so it didn't cost him much money. Different situation here he could be collecting somewhere near a million if he is sacked as opposed to nothing if he goes voluntarily.

As someone else said he is thick skinned enough to take the abuse till he is sacked and I suspect stubborn enough to think none of the problems are of his making. He may also be so deluded to think he can turn things round when he is only making things worse.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:44 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City The only job in the world where you get sacked and get richer it’s the same at most clubs, but a lot more at our club.

OGS abject failure.3 and a half million.

Correct we paid him off.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm

fred keenor wrote:MM resigned from Ipswich because he lost the fans, why has he not done the same here, every single of one us wants him gone

Mick is very very thick skinned and took real abuse at Ipswich for 18mths before he resigned after being their 5 yrs.

Mick won’t resign, he is not going to give his or soon up.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Paul Abbandonato
@PaulAbbandonato

Being told
@CardiffCityFC
hierarchy plan to do nothing about Mick until after Fulham/Boro games. 5 CBs again at Craven Cottage no doubt! Why can't he make bold calls & go - Smithies; Ng, McGuinness, Nelson, Bagan; Sang, Ralls, Bowen; Colwill, Kieffer, Giles. Front foot football

Middlesbrough game going to be very toxic atmosphere if this is true

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 pm

This bit is only My view, if we lose away at Fulham and at home to Boro, that would be 10 defeats from 11 games and Tan then would actually believe we are going down, then I reckon Mick would be put in garden leave until they could sort out compensation.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 pm

Down to his payoff.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:18 pm

If we can’t afford to pay off the management.
Put them on gardening leave and promote from within the club .

Steve Morison and James Rowberry to take over coaching first team ASAP until end of season.
They know the younger players and can mix them with a few experienced players.

The under 23 side play a good passing game with wingbacks ,players in the correct position all able to pass hold up play.
I am sure fans would get behind the boys if they gave there best

At the moment it’s getting hard to back the team when they play like this. ,it’s the worst team skill wise I have watched it 56 years
Maybe it’s because most of them are out of contract in June so are just going through the motions as their contracts run down.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:14 pm

It's the same foe ALL clubs in fairness, managers have contracts, and cannot be sacked without compensation, in less of course they are sacked for misconduct.its wrong in my eyes, as it should be performance related! But rolling contract is the way to go imho, 1 yr, and if you do the job well, roll on and so on.if not, no real big compo to pay!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:02 pm

Probably nobody there to sack him!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:17 pm

If money is a problem at present why not put Mad Mick and TC on garden leave so no need for big payout! Swansea did this with Cooper and the Jacks got £1m when he got the Forest job! If anyone is daft enough to employ Mick and TC then they can have them for free!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:03 am

castleblue wrote:If the club decide to get rid of MM now just 6 months after giving him a 2 year contract it will be another example of the Club or VT getting something wrong, could it be he just doesn't want to lose face again.

Yes the money is an important factor but the jacks put Steve Cooper on gardening leave and ended up getting compensation off Forest.

Either way I can see our fans giving it the old "There's only one Neil Warnock" at the weekend or the Sol Bamba song then MM will realise he has lost the fans. Then maybe he may think what the f**k am I doing here.

We can only hope.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

He's under contract no one walks away from a contract pay me to the end or i'll stay is what Managers do in this situations.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Could this be why MM is still our manager ? : Many fans can’t understand why MM has not been dismissed . I do not know the full answer but could venture that it may be purely a financial consideration

(1) I know that MM is on a very lucrative yearly contract. We also know that he still has over one and a half years to go on his contract.

What I do not know is whether we have a notice period that entitles us to terminate his contract ie 6 months or 1 year or if we have to pay up the full contract. So I am guessing that we have somewhere from a bit under half a million to possibly over two million to pay .

This is not counting other footballing staff that may be released if a new manager comes in.

I have been told £900,000 a year wages just for Mick, without Terry etc ( but I am not 100% it’s around that).

(2) any new manager is going to want a change in staff plus a change in players . If he does not then clearly he will be a poor manager looking for a good job and is of no use to us .

This can be also an important financial consideration . (3) Vincent Tan is the only real decision maker and anyway the Club has no Money to pay in the first place .

Clearly for any of many possible good reasons Tan might have decided to reduce the amount of money he wants to keep throwing at the Club.

Conclusion : it is possible that MM is still there for the simple reason that we can not afford to tetminate his contract.

I think we cannot afford NOT to terminate his contract. We're heading for league one, which would be a financial disaster.