Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could this be why MM is still our manager ? :

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:26 pm

Could this be why MM is still our manager ? : Many fans can’t understand why MM has not been dismissed . I do not know the full answer but could venture that it may be purely a financial consideration

(1) I know that MM is on a very lucrative yearly contract. We also know that he still has over one and a half years to go on his contract.

What I do not know is whether we have a notice period that entitles us to terminate his contract ie 6 months or 1 year or if we have to pay up the full contract. So I am guessing that we have somewhere from a bit under half a million to possibly over two million to pay .

This is not counting other footballing staff that may be released if a new manager comes in.

I have been told £900,000 a year wages just for Mick, without Terry etc ( but I am not 100% it’s around that).

(2) any new manager is going to want a change in staff plus a change in players . If he does not then clearly he will be a poor manager looking for a good job and is of no use to us .

This can be also an important financial consideration . (3) Vincent Tan is the only real decision maker and anyway the Club has no Money to pay in the first place .

Clearly for any of many possible good reasons Tan might have decided to reduce the amount of money he wants to keep throwing at the Club.

Conclusion : it is possible that MM is still there for the simple reason that we can not afford to tetminate his contract.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Could this be why MM is still our manager ? :

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:33 pm

I think that definitely sums it up.
He is still there as they arent prepared to throw any more money at it.
I also believe the club are clearing out to sell

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:33 pm

It wont be as much we lose if we get relegated :banghead:

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:34 pm

If he is on that kind of contract it just confirms that Dalman and Choo have no idea about running the club.

It must be financially , that can only be the possible reason why he has not gone

Going to be fun Saturday

League 1 here we come

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:38 pm

Perhaps we should try getting some money for players we signed for millions such as glatzel rather than letting them go for sod all.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:40 pm

Money. Fantastic.Deserved?

We paid him and his stooge.

Sweet.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:41 pm

The club fell for the-Celtic were sniffing around line,and just panicked and offered him a good contract,good work by micks agent(surely Celtic wouldn’t have appointed him)?,good money for mick,but yet again shit for the club

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:43 pm

I think you did say how much he is n......

I don’t think that’s the reason; basically think they haven’t a clue who to appoint next
There is no,football knowledge on the board
Tan needs to set that... immediately..get rid ofDalman and Choo....
He can sack McCarthy tomorrow: leave him wait for any contract due to be paid up..
Problem is,who to appoint.
We are in big trouble, if we go down it will take a few years for us to return.

If Mick can somehow get 2 wins against Fulham and Borough then things will look different; however, it would need a huge turnaround from him and the players- they have to accept their part in all of this..every single one of them.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:43 pm

They couldn't run a bath

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Sorry, but MM must go.He has shown that he is not up to the job.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:49 pm

MM resigned from Ipswich because he lost the fans, why has he not done the same here, every single of one us wants him gone

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:58 pm

This makes me dislike MM even more. Knowing he’s taking a good wage, for doing a terrible job, and is probably not worried about being sacked.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:59 pm

Why is MM still manager???? proves the club is in disarray. They will lose more money by fans not going to the games in the long run and with relegation looming, the future looks bleak. Tan needs to take the hit now and invest or cut his loses and sell up. (Who would buy us tho? ) :cry:

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:59 pm

If the club decide to get rid of MM now just 6 months after giving him a 2 year contract it will be another example of the Club or VT getting something wrong, could it be he just doesn't want to lose face again.

Yes the money is an important factor but the jacks put Steve Cooper on gardening leave and ended up getting compensation off Forest.

Either way I can see our fans giving it the old "There's only one Neil Warnock" at the weekend or the Sol Bamba song then MM will realise he has lost the fans. Then maybe he may think what the f**k am I doing here.

We can only hope.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm

fred keenor wrote:If he is on that kind of contract it just confirms that Dalman and Choo have no idea about running the club.

It must be financially , that can only be the possible reason why he has not gone

Going to be fun Saturday

League 1 here we come

900k a year is normal these days for a championship manager we were paying dave Jones 800k a year over 13 years ago

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Vote with our feet perhaps or just get behind him I guess

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:04 pm

That’s hilarious.. only these bunglers could spend £8M on Gary Madine and Mick McCarthy.. 22M on Murphy and Cornelius..

Everyone seems to know the score except them, and someone at West Brom. Is Carlton Palmer still playing?

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:07 pm

I think he is thick skinned enough to take 90 minutes of abuse every game till the end of the season.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:10 pm

If the club is losing as much money as been mooted on here (£3m a month?) and only Tan subsidising the club is keeping us afloat , then I can see why they dont want or can’t pay him off.

wez1927 wrote:
fred keenor wrote:If he is on that kind of contract it just confirms that Dalman and Choo have no idea about running the club.

Going to be fun Saturday

League 1 here we come

900k a year is normal these days for a championship manager we were paying dave Jones 800k a year over 13 years ago

Im sure we could have got Ainsworth for half that amount

If the club is losing as much money as been mooted on here (£3m a month?) and only Tan subsidising the club is keeping us afloat , then I can see why they dont want or can’t pay him off.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:12 pm

fred keenor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Going to be fun Saturday

League 1 here we come

Im sure we could have got Ainsworth for half that amount

Why would we want ainsworth and unproven manager ,hes theclast person we need now

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:16 pm

castleblue wrote:If the club decide to get rid of MM now just 6 months after giving him a 2 year contract it will be another example of the Club or VT getting something wrong, could it be he just doesn't want to lose face again.

Yes the money is an important factor but the jacks put Steve Cooper on gardening leave and ended up getting compensation off Forest.

Either way I can see our fans giving it the old "There's only one Neil Warnock" at the weekend or the Sol Bamba song then MM will realise he has lost the fans. Then maybe he may think what the f**k am I doing here.

We can only hope.

Lose of Face is part of the Asian culture. Tan stuck with the Rebrand knowing full well its use had lost value, if it ever had any use, for a couple of seasons before he finally retracted.

However, when it comes to money lose of face does not come into it. Gardening leave is not an option, MM is no Cooper who lets be honest is a far superior modern manager than MM.

Its all a mess.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Doesnt matter what the reason is because he's still here! :banghead:

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:17 pm

What a total mess.

Someone at the club needs to come out and speak to the fans.

Surely Tan can’t be happy with this. Is he that bothered?

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:38 pm

To move where we should be going is a lot more than MM and his coaches. It's a whole new squad able to play the football played in the 21st century. However stupid, disinterested and unfootball savvie Tan, Dalman and Choo are even they must now realise that we need to change direction and its far deeper than a non dinosaur manager.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:40 pm

If MM stay here, expect thousands to walk away.
The results will take care of that disaster waiting to happen.
It appears Tan is no longer interested , then sell to someone who is.
I predict it wont be long before the protests start.
Wonder what Tan ,Dalman and Choo Choo will make of that

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:44 pm

castleblue wrote:If the club decide to get rid of MM now just 6 months after giving him a 2 year contract it will be another example of the Club or VT getting something wrong, could it be he just doesn't want to lose face again.

We can only hope.

will give them both the applause they deserve.. but at end of day they are the opposition on saturday.
we need the points.. so no love in whilst march in .. please.. although nothing surprises me with
our fans lately.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:19 pm

Cardiff City The only job in the world where you get sacked and get richer it’s the same at most clubs, but a lot more at our club.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Let’s make sure every minute of every game we let him know what we think of him and the board but somehow we all know no one will bother and just sit back and except our demise.