Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

team for Boro

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm

I know I shouldn't but I'm writing off the Fulham game!!

But as we're getting battered week in week out I'd love to go against Boro totally different and catch them out.

Smithies

NG/Sang Nelson McGuiness Bagan

Ralls in front of the back 4

Colwill in the middle just ahead of Ralls

Giles Harris both out wide

Collins and Moore up top.

If we're going to lose at least lose by playing a bit of football. (Just not against Fulham as they're better at it than us!)

Re: team for Boro

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:36 pm

forgot to add - thought Bowen looked good the other day too - so you could swap Collins for him, push Colwill to 10 behind Moore and have a more stable midfield!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 pm

I think we should get one thing straight and say that this 'kids' experiment has royally backfired, and we have to go with experience and a different formation.

I agree Fulham is a write off. In fa t a win could be more damaging as it will suddenly get the powers that be thinking things aren't so bad after all.

Personally I'd go 352.

Phillips
McGuinness Flint Nelson (CB'S)
NG & Giles (WB'S)
Pack (Holding mid)
Ralls, Vaulks
Moore Collins

Subs: Smithies, Bagan, Bacuna, Morrison... ( leave it at that, the quality of the rest and their ability to change a game is less than zero)

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:00 pm

McCarthys winning team back in February was.

Phillips
Morrison Flint Nelson
NG Vaulks Pack Bennett
Wilson
Moore Murphy

Short term we could go to something like

Smithies
Morrison Flint Nelson
NG Vaulks Pack Bagan
Bowen/Colwill
Moore Giles

A lot of the players are still here and know the system we played back then and how it worked.

We need to replicate that type of team and style short term if there is no new Manager, although it's hard to replace Wilson and Bennett who were key players in that team. ???

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Our squad is too slow to play a back 5 so it just invites pressure and we inevitably concede. It also means we have no attacking threat as we have no one in midfield. Id go with a back 4 and have extra legs in midfield.

................smithies......
NG...mcguiness...Flint.....Bagan
............pack........ralls..........
..sang......colwill...........Giles...
...............Moore....................

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Our squad is too slow to play a back 5 so it just invites pressure and we inevitably concede. It also means we have no attacking threat as we have no one in midfield. Id go with a back 4 and have extra legs in midfield.

That’s my team too.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Our squad is too slow to play a back 5 so it just invites pressure and we inevitably concede. It also means we have no attacking threat as we have no one in midfield. Id go with a back 4 and have extra legs in midfield.

I’d agree with that team

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:41 pm

darran1927 wrote:

I’d agree with that team

Escott1927 for manager with ms and Darren as his assistants :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:33 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

I’d agree with that team

Escott1927 for manager with ms and Darren as his assistants :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Where do I send my CV :lol:

Mick just needs to go back to basics. Even if he sticks with a back 5, at least play players in their correct positions!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:59 pm

Nelson is woeful cant even kick the ball. Him and Brown on the same side Sunday not a pass in either of them

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:52 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

I’d agree with that team

Where do I send my CV :lol:

Mick just needs to go back to basics. Even if he sticks with a back 5, at least play players in their correct positions!

I know it’s sh!t or bust time but the only possible change I’d make is Nelson o LHs of the two centre backs as I think Bagan could be roasted as a left bank as oooosed to a left wing back. I’d leave Colwill out for him

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:55 am

Bluebina wrote:McCarthys winning team back in February was.

Phillips
Morrison Flint Nelson
NG Vaulks Pack Bennett
Wilson
Moore Murphy

Short term we could go to something like

Smithies
Morrison Flint Nelson
NG Vaulks Pack Bagan
Bowen/Colwill
Moore Giles

A lot of the players are still here and know the system we played back then and how it worked.

We need to replicate that type of team and style short term if there is no new Manager, although it's hard to replace Wilson and Bennett who were key players in that team. ???

As I guessed with McGuiness for Morrison and to be fair he looked better, he has gone back to what worked in the first place!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 am

smithies
nelson flint mcguinness
ng pack ralls giles
harris
collins moore

l

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:49 am

Smithies
NG