Jamie Patterson - Swim Away

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Fairblue27 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:37 am

Is there any likelihood he'll be charged for his celebration?
Fairblue27

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jamie Patterson - Swim Away

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:45 am

Fairblue27 wrote:Is there any likelihood he'll be charged for his celebration?

Half the side did it at end game goaded on by their fans..... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby cwmbachbluebird » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:54 am

It's our bad for being so shit and rolling over again.
Our game plan was more embarrassing than their celebration.

Charge him whatever who cares. Just need to get our house in order prompt!
Eddie Mays Barmy Army
R.I.P Speedo...Wales forever.
cwmbachbluebird

Postby Felixstowe_jack » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:54 am

Doubt it the Cardiff players are often tapping their heads when they win.
Felixstowe_jack

Postby Blue78 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:56 am

Why should he? It’s a celebration - it wasn’t political or dangerous.

He scored a great goal against their biggest rivals. We’d be loving it if one of our players did that (come to think of it, I’d just like to see one of our players score). If that triggers any supporter maybe they shouldn’t be going to watch football.

I’d rather the FA put their energy into charging Mick with crimes against football.
Blue78

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:56 am

Felixstowe_jack wrote:Doubt it the Cardiff players are often tapping their heads when they win.

One is mimicking a supposed hooligan ‘result’ though.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:05 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:Doubt it the Cardiff players are often tapping their heads when they win.

Slight difference, the "Ayotollah" is a simple gesture replicated around the world in different scenarios, the "swim away" gesture is a celebration of an "alleged" incident during some pretty serious football violence.

If City wanted to do something similar it would have to be something along the lines of "run away" which is what usually happened to Swansea fans back in the day :roll: :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't want The Jacks censored for this but it is irresponsible for the manager to be getting involved. Let's see if he, and his players, are so "brave" in the return fixture. My money would be on them taking the Alan Tate route and not going with 20 yards of the touchline for the whole game after being hit on the head during the warm up :lol: :lol:
piledriver64

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:42 pm

Some people need to suck it up.If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be over them like a bad rash.
Sneggyblubird

Postby carlton58 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Let's just wait until the skip rat comes to our stadium and greet him as they step off their ashcart
carlton58

Postby danielrees17 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Playing up to the home fans I get it.... hope he gets clattered badly in the reverse fixture
danielrees17

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Playing up to the home fans I get it.... hope he gets clattered badly in the reverse fixture

Voldermort (sent off yesterday 'cos his legs have gone) did it at the CCS a few years ago

It's what it is and our supporters are no saints to be hyper critical
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:22 pm

Sven wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:Playing up to the home fans I get it.... hope he gets clattered badly in the reverse fixture

Voldermort (sent off yesterday 'cos his legs have gone) did it at the CCS a few years ago

Agreed, let's just hope our western cousins are bleating about their treatment when we beat them down here next time.
piledriver64

Postby danielrees17 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:32 pm

Sven wrote:

Totally agree just hope he's kicked 6ft up in the air first tackle at the ccs :lol:
danielrees17

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:37 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Totally agree just hope he's kicked 6ft up in the air first tackle at the ccs :lol:

Wevlive in hope; but the current team would (sadly) miss the target! ;) :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Fairblue27 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Phil Dwyer through the back of him in the first 5 minutes in the return at our place. Then we would see how keen he is to make a name for himself.
Fairblue27

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:Phil Dwyer through the back of him in the first 5 minutes in the return at our place. Then we would see how keen he is to make a name for himself.

Sadly Idon't think Phil's knees would stand up to that now :lol: But I do think Vaulks might be a player willing to "put his foot in" preferably with just 2 minutes to go and us 3-0 up :lol: :lol:
piledriver64

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:46 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:Is there any likelihood he'll be charged for his celebration?

If we give it we have to be able to take it, they all know what it was really like in the 80's when it wasn't a bubble going to Swansea walking around the streets it was like a home game for Cardiff fans :laughing6:
Bluebina

Postby Fusilier52 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 pm

What a delightfully funny ( one of many recently) thread this is , some have been reading too many Joe Hawkins books.
Swim away , coach park, size of concourses anything else you want to complain about . I see nothing mentioned about the crowd violence when Sam slapped his head in front of the leeds fan in the last century , banter lads that all it is suck it up if the roles were reversed the canton stand would look like an Iranian funeral home.
Fusilier52

Postby Fairblue27 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm

The original post was on the basis that Shelvey was warned for his antics in a previous derby, and thus in these
far more politically sensitive times it is not beyond reason that Patterson may be in the spotlight.
Perhaps if he is spoken to he can tell them it's banter as you have kindly suggested.
Fairblue27

Postby Fusilier52 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:The original post was on the basis that Shelvey was warned for his antics in a previous derby, and thus in these
far more politically sensitive times it is not beyond reason that Patterson may be in the spotlight.
Perhaps if he is spoken to he can tell them it's banter as you have kindly suggested.

What politics would that be exactly ? here's a clip of one of own with his unique sophistication and wit.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1450178181160394754
Fusilier52

Postby Fairblue27 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:32 pm

Fortunately his proposal which is in poor taste isn't something which is seriously likely to be adopted by any Cardiff player.

Unlike the Swim away right of passage that you are insistent most of your players adopt when they join you club.
It would appear that you continually need to reassure yourselves that back in the day you held some sort of parity with Cardiff, fake news.
Fairblue27

Postby Thomas10 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:13 pm

What is happening to a certain section of Cardiff's fan base. Crying because a Swansea player scored and celebrated in a way that the Swansea fans love. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Grow up
Thomas10

Postby aber blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:22 am

Thomas10 wrote:What is happening to a certain section of Cardiff's fan base. Crying because a Swansea player scored and celebrated in a way that the Swansea fans love. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Grow up

Yep agree with this, let them have their “ celebration “ and only reason their players do it is to be a hero. Their fans do it to divert all the attention away from the other times they ran away.
This is the only thing that they can cling to as we all know what happened in 91 when Cardiff ran them everywhere in their own town.
aber blue

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:21 am

aber blue wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:What is happening to a certain section of Cardiff's fan base. Crying because a Swansea player scored and celebrated in a way that the Swansea fans love. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Grow up

Yep agree with this, let them have their “ celebration “ and only reason their players do it is to be a hero. Their fans do it to divert all the attention away from the other times they ran away.
This is the only thing that they can cling to as we all know what happened in 91 when Cardiff ran them everywhere in their own town.

Agreed they are still way behind us in the number of wins we have against them, and it is their FA cup final!

it's understandable small time young players become indoctrinated into very childish celebrations when they score in such an important game for their fans, it's a really big deal for them, let them have their two mins of fun :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Thomas10 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:21 am

Bluebina wrote:
aber blue wrote:

Agreed they are still way behind us in the number of wins we have against them, and it is their FA cup final!

it's understandable small time young players become indoctrinated into very childish celebrations when they score in such an important game for their fans, it's a really big deal for them, let them have their two mins of fun :thumbup:

Don't forget their small time young players ripped Cardiff a new @rse on Sunday
Thomas10

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Who cares??

Just move on, I couldn't care less. Cancel culture again If people wanted him banned and fined.

We got smashed, out classed and embarrassed.

Dust ourselves down and go again.

I see the point of original thread and post though on how it could be inciting trouble. But best leave it there and take it as banter.......
BigBearBlue1974

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:22 pm

All our players need to do is sprint very quickly, then disappear..
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat