Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Robert Glatzel

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:27 am

Robert Glatzel doing well at Hamburg:

Robert Glatzel scored twice today in Hamburg’s 2-2 draw with Nuremberg in Bundesliga 2. Both goals were headers, as was his goal last weekend in a 2-0 victory at Werder Bremen.

So far, Glatzel has scored 6 goals in 9 appearances for Hamburg. His team has only lost once so far this season, but they’ve drawn 4 of their 8 league games

Re: Robert Glatzel

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:Robert Glatzel doing well at Hamburg:

Robert Glatzel scored twice today in Hamburg’s 2-2 draw with Nuremberg in Bundesliga 2. Both goals were headers, as was his goal last weekend in a 2-0 victory at Werder Bremen.

So far, Glatzel has scored 6 goals in 9 appearances for Hamburg. His team has only lost once so far this season, but they’ve drawn 4 of their 8 league games

I still say MM was too quick to offload him,never gave him a chance! Bit then again, they play decent football in germany,not hoofball.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 am

I was always a fan of Glatzel when we played to his strengths, and kept the ball on the ground. A tidy player with a decent finish.

Unfortunately, he isn't suited to our style of "keep the ball 6 feet off the ground at all times".

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:54 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:I was always a fan of Glatzel when we played to his strengths, and kept the ball on the ground. A tidy player with a decent finish.

Unfortunately, he isn't suited to our style of "keep the ball 6 feet off the ground at all times".

That fact was lost on our supporters
Preferred to knock him same with all our previous strikers? You always play to strikers strengths to get most out of them that is something we've failed to do for many years must wonder why we signed any of them and not play to their strengths! Very poor management by all concerned.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:55 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:I was always a fan of Glatzel when we played to his strengths, and kept the ball on the ground. A tidy player with a decent finish.

He was never given a proper chance and always looked a decent option to me. I'm not surprised at all that he is doing well in a team that play to his strengths, but MM decided he wasn't good enough. Him or James Collins - no contest :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

He was never given a proper chance and always looked a decent option to me. I'm not surprised at all that he is doing well in a team that play to his strengths, but MM decided he wasn't good enough. Him or James Collins - no contest :roll: :roll: :roll:

There were a few of us, that recognized glatzel was a decent striker, but warnick tried to make him something he wasn't, and at 5m, that was an expensive mistake!! MM decided very quickly he didnt like him, and got shot quick as you like!yet decided to lea bbc e tomlin to pick up a fortune in the meantime?? At present I'd prefer glatzel to all our current strikers tbf, collins! And Moores head was turned in the summer too.neither can hit a barn door at the moment! At least collins didnt cost 6m like another striker before him, who failed to score for us.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:54 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

There were a few of us, that recognized glatzel was a decent striker, but warnick tried to make him something he wasn't, and at 5m, that was an expensive mistake!! MM decided very quickly he didnt like him, and got shot quick as you like!yet decided to lea bbc e tomlin to pick up a fortune in the meantime?? At present I'd prefer glatzel to all our current strikers tbf, collins! And Moores head was turned in the summer too.neither can hit a barn door at the moment! At least collins didnt cost 6m like another striker before him, who failed to score for us.

With Glatzel It seemed personal to me by MM. Moore looks like he really doesn't want to be here and who can really blame him. We are in such a mess.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Let’s not get carried away. Hamburg at moment are mid table in Bundesliga 2, which is little more than League 1 standard.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:57 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Let’s not get carried away. Hamburg at moment are mid table in Bundesliga 2, which is little more than League 1 standard.

I beg to differ on the lig one level, there are a fair few teams that would compete at our level( championship) and Hamburg would more than hold their own imho.not getting carried away, but he was chucked by MM very early on, yet we have collins??

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 am

Been a long time since Cardiff really got the most out of their strikers is it? Look at poor Moore this season, plays on a small island alone

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:02 am

Terrible signing by Warnock. Another one was never going to fit his style. Add Murphy and Reed to that list too.