The away end at Swansea is a disgrace

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:17 pm

I’ve been to the Liberty many times and it gets worse every time got into the ground by quarter past ten the bar was already ten deep didn’t even bother to have a pint before the game the cue was endless and at half time I also noticed that they had a net on the top tier separating our supporters from there’s they didn’t do that last time so that meant our allocation was cut again everything is designed to give them the upper hand when we visit there don’t get me wrong they won fair and square today haven’t got a problem with that that’s the way it goes but it’s just a scrum on there concourse when trying to get a pint where they park our buses is a joke as well don’t think I’ll make the short trip again from port talbot unless our club and our travell group leaders do something about the way we are treated there someone needs to tell Wayne Nash or he needs to address what we go through when we go there it’s a joke
cardiff 74

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The away end at Swansea is a disgrace

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:36 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I’ve been to the Liberty many times and it gets worse every time got into the ground by quarter past ten the bar was already ten deep didn’t even bother to have a pint before the game the cue was endless and at half time I also noticed that they had a net on the top tier separating our supporters from there’s they didn’t do that last time so that meant our allocation was cut again everything is designed to give them the upper hand when we visit there don’t get me wrong they won fair and square today haven’t got a problem with that that’s the way it goes but it’s just a scrum on there concourse when trying to get a pint where they park our buses is a joke as well don’t think I’ll make the short trip again from port talbot unless our club and our travell group leaders do something about the way we are treated there someone needs to tell Wayne Nash or he needs to address what we go through when we go there it’s a joke

It's just a joke of a stadium fit only for midgets to sit in.... concourse areas smaller than my living room... :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby skiprat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:09 pm

We are in free fall could be years before we go there again
skiprat

Postby Fusilier52 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:30 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I’ve been to the Liberty many times and it gets worse every time got into the ground by quarter past ten the bar was already ten deep didn’t even bother to have a pint before the game the cue was endless and at half time I also noticed that they had a net on the top tier separating our supporters from there’s they didn’t do that last time so that meant our allocation was cut again everything is designed to give them the upper hand when we visit there don’t get me wrong they won fair and square today haven’t got a problem with that that’s the way it goes but it’s just a scrum on there concourse when trying to get a pint where they park our buses is a joke as well don’t think I’ll make the short trip again from port talbot unless our club and our travell group leaders do something about the way we are treated there someone needs to tell Wayne Nash or he needs to address what we go through when we go there it’s a joke

The coach park is the same size as its always been and certainly since you've been a visitor , the concessions were fully open up until KO , the only segregation were the vertical rows west and east stands ( no segregation above or below you, there never has been and never will be the stadium isn't designed to allow segregation horizontally ) at 10:30 your end the top tier was pretty much full certainly the upper tier across the whole of the stand. the bottom level had large gaps throughout the game , perhaps they couldn't find their seats or perhaps you didn't sell out your allocation after all ;)
Fusilier52

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm

Our allocation was sold out. Go on the official CCFC site and you’ll see . The reason there are empty seats is that the allocation is cut due to the size of the coach compound there, so it ends up being just under 1700.

I agree that the facilities are shit there. It’s a rugby stadium after all. Not sure what the home end is like, but the concourse for away fans is far too small.
Lawnmower

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:42 pm

Sold out
Attachments
DCAF740D-D163-4C4D-8EA1-53F3A5017167.png
DCAF740D-D163-4C4D-8EA1-53F3A5017167.png (286.66 KiB) Viewed 9628 times
Lawnmower

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Our allocation was sold out. Go on the official CCFC site and you’ll see . The reason there are empty seats is that the allocation is cut due to the size of the coach compound there, so it ends up being just under 1700.

I agree that the facilities are shit there. It’s a rugby stadium after all. Not sure what the home end is like, but the concourse for away fans is far too small.

I've been in several parts ground and general spectator areas are very small but there again so are most of premier clubs grounds .? Trouble is we are spoilt at CCS for the size of concourse areas.. cant speak for away end as never been there at CCS but suspect its similar to rest stadium
pembroke allan

Postby Thomas10 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:47 am

Let's be honest, the only reason there is plenty of room on the concourse at CCS,is because the stadium is over half empty.
Thomas10

Postby JJ1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:32 am

Thomas10 wrote:Let's be honest, the only reason there is plenty of room on the concourse at CCS,is because the stadium is over half empty.

We don't know how lucky we are Cardiff. The concourse at Cardiff is amongst the biggest, if not the biggest in the Championship and bigger than the majority of Premier League. I am always struck by the fact that it is so much bigger than similar designed stadiums, Derby, Reading for example. I don't know how, it could be something do with the fact that the stadium was built so upper tiers could be added.
JJ1927

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:17 am

Thomas10 wrote:Let's be honest, the only reason there is plenty of room on the concourse at CCS,is because the stadium is over half empty.

No it's because it's miles bigger :roll:
Bluebina

Postby Fusilier52 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 am

JJ1927 wrote:

We don't know how lucky we are Cardiff. The concourse at Cardiff is amongst the biggest, if not the biggest in the Championship and bigger than the majority of Premier League. I am always struck by the fact that it is so much bigger than similar designed stadiums, Derby, Reading for example. I don't know how, it could be something do with the fact that the stadium was built so upper tiers could be added.

indeed it is, I believe the stadium architect (Frank Loud Right) was influenced by the some of the famous Spanish stadiums built post war such as Estadi Cornellà-El Prat or now known after its renaming in 2016, the RCDE Stadium. There's much to be said about stadium concourses and I could go on for hours but I suspect we'd all rather discuss what happens on the pitch rather than off it
Fusilier52

Postby Felixstowe_jack » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:51 am

Just seems to be bigger concourse at Cardiff with only 8000 at the last two home games plenty of space.

We never have complaints from the larger teams when they visit, Aston Villa, West Brom , the bigger London and Northwest clubs which always seem to sell out their larger allocation.

Of course fans from those clubs are free to mix with home fans at local pubs and restaurants near the ground. They also make there way to Swansea using trains and cars.

Unfortunately due to past behaviour the fans from clubs like Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff can't be trusted to behave and have to be bussed in.
Felixstowe_jack

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:01 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:Just seems to be bigger concourse at Cardiff with only 8000 at the last two home games plenty of space.

We never have complaints from the larger teams when they visit, Aston Villa, West Brom , the bigger London and Northwest clubs which always seem to sell out their larger allocation.

Of course fans from those clubs are free to mix with home fans at local pubs and restaurants near the ground. They also make there way to Swansea using trains and cars.

Unfortunately due to past behaviour the fans from clubs like Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff can't be trusted to behave and have to be bussed in.

Why do you need to be bussed into ccs? Oh I know to stop your fans attacking city fans... as for away fans they mingle with us had good conversation with WBA fans recently at dinner table in local pub :mrgreen: and amit it our concourse areas are lot bigger on yours and I should know been several parts of you stadium for Wales games... if you've been to ours you'll know its correct and as pointed out its bigger than most club stadiums as for swim away no problem after all your city got not a lot to celebrate so you make best of it while you can :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Fusilier52 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:Just seems to be bigger concourse at Cardiff with only 8000 at the last two home games plenty of space.

Why do you need to be bussed into ccs? Oh I know to stop your fans attacking city fans... as for away fans they mingle with us had good conversation with WBA fans recently at dinner table in local pub :mrgreen: and amit it our concourse areas are lot bigger on yours and I should know been several parts of you stadium for Wales games... if you've been to ours you'll know its correct and as pointed out its bigger than most club stadiums as for swim away no problem after all your city got not a lot to celebrate so you make best of it while you can :laughing6:

So you have a massive concourse, I must admit I'm really impressed although not sure how many games are won on it though, perhaps you'd care to enlighten us. I suppose its a bit like having Big stadium , not much use if you can't fill it wouldn't you agree . Again being Big ( as a defensive unit ) isn't always best as seen by millions yesterday so that's something else which proves size isn't really important in the scheme of things , no we'll continue doing our business where it matters , on the pitch.
Fusilier52

Postby RV Casual » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

So you have a massive concourse, I must admit I'm really impressed although not sure how many games are won on it though, perhaps you'd care to enlighten us. I suppose its a bit like having Big stadium , not much use if you can't fill it wouldn't you agree . Again being Big ( as a defensive unit ) isn't always best as seen by millions yesterday so that's something else which proves size isn't really important in the scheme of things , no we'll continue doing our business where it matters , on the pitch.

I'd rather have a big stadium we can't fill than a small stadium you can't fill which is what you have.

Probably best not mock other teams crowds until you can fill your own stadium.
RV Casual

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You're 17th in the League with three more points than us you clown :laughing6:
Bluebina

Postby RV Casual » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

don't burst his bubble mate, he's thick as shit, let him carry on making a fool of himself :lol:
RV Casual

Postby Fusilier52 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:14 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'd rather have a big stadium we can't fill than a small stadium you can't fill which is what you have.

I think you'll find for league games we've filled ours to capacity on numerous occasions , I believe Wales v Belgium ( no you weren't playing I checked & doesn't count) is the only time you've filled yours. In fact in terms of capacity I think you'll find we're far way ahead of you in availability and attendance figures.
Fusilier52

Postby Fusilier52 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

don't burst his bubble mate, he's thick as shit, let him carry on making a fool of himself :lol:

I think you'll find your bubble burst much earlier than usual . How many losses is it now ?
Fusilier52

Postby RV Casual » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:41 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think you'll find for league games we've filled ours to capacity on numerous occasions , I believe Wales v Belgium ( no you weren't playing I checked & doesn't count) is the only time you've filled yours. In fact in terms of capacity I think you'll find we're far way ahead of you in availability and attendance figures.

PMSL, What planet are you on? Go and do a little bit of research mate, im not even giving this a proper reply it doesn't deserve one.
RV Casual

Postby Lawnmower » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Still plenty of room when it’s full.
Lawnmower

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Its not about the room it's the size of them and by any standards ours are bigger than most club grounds premier league included....
pembroke allan

Postby Canton104 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:53 am

Let’s be honest it’s not only the away end that’s a disgrace. The surrounding area is a complete and utter shit tip.
Canton104

Postby Fusilier52 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:38 am

Canton104 wrote:Let’s be honest it’s not only the away end that’s a disgrace. The surrounding area is a complete and utter shit tip.

You obviously didn't know that Canton is Tremorfa but just spelled differently :D
Fusilier52

Postby Fusilier52 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Its not about the room it's the size of them and by any standards ours are bigger than most club grounds premier league included....

You hold onto that thought ,I'm sure it'll be of great comfort in the next few weeks . :lol:
Fusilier52

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:08 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

PMSL, What planet are you on? Go and do a little bit of research mate, im not even giving this a proper reply it doesn't deserve one.

It's not without note 'Gunny' has reappeared on a thread that includes the words 'Swansea' and 'disgrace' after staying away smarting following his blatant lies post a week or two ago (as highlighted at the time) :oops:

Clearly, their 'derby' win has emboldenned a few... :roll:

Son of Roathy has nothing to offer on this Forum other than to show how genuinely obsessed the 'Jacks' are with our club

How else can anyone explain the constant trips (appropriate word?) on to their biggest rival's best Forum? ;)

Felixstowe Jack sounds like another escapee from the cabbage patch, too...! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Fusilier52 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:It's not without note 'Gunny' has reappeared on a thread that includes the words 'Swansea' and 'disgrace' after staying away smarting following his blatant lies post a week or two ago (as highlighted at the time) :oops:

Son of Roathy has nothing to offer on this Forum other than to show how genuinely obsessed the 'Jacks' are with our club

How else can anyone explain the constant trips (appropriate word?) on to their biggest rival's best Forum? ;)

Felixstowe Jack sounds like another escapee from the cabbage patch, too...! ;) :laughing6:

Hi Sven , where have you been ? I've missed your wit, wisdom and cheeky demeanour, you little tinker .Just remember your boss's site gets paid per hit so think of my contribution as going some way towards furnishing his lavish life style , whilst you sit here day after day having to read each interminably boring excuse ridden post . A quick question how do you think your concourse will fare against Fulham tomorrow ? all jokes aside I think you've got a slim chance (its the biggest in the country don't you know) . :lol:
Fusilier52

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:03 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:It's not without note 'Gunny' has reappeared on a thread that includes the words 'Swansea' and 'disgrace' after staying away smarting following his blatant lies post a week or two ago (as highlighted at the time) :oops:

Hi Sven , where have you been ? I've missed your wit, wisdom and cheeky demeanour, you little tinker .Just remember your boss's site gets paid per hit so think of my contribution as going some way towards furnishing his lavish life style , whilst you sit here day after day having to read each interminably boring excuse ridden post . A quick question how do you think your concourse will fare against Fulham tomorrow ? all jokes aside I think you've got a slim chance (its the biggest in the country don't you know) . :lol:

Unlike you, I think the vast majority of our posters have made some pretty honest assessments, Gunny; so again you exaggerate the truth...

It's no secret that this/any Forum relies on hits but your 'needy' contribution is a drop in the ocean in real terms

I can't speak of my (pathetically termed) boss' lavish lifestyle, as I haven't been allowed out of the dungeon that houses us Mods/Admins but we are allowed to watch the Swansea version of 'The Handmaids Tale' to show us how lucky we are... ;) :laughing6:

All jokes aside? I've been to Craven Cottage and both their concourse and ground aren't great and no better than yours other than for 'traditional football ground' reasons; but it is better managed and facilitated by some distance

That club actually welcomes their away support; something our stadium (if not support) does even for your lot on your annual day out. We even provided a decent choir to drown out your supports traditional 'rugger' songs...

Of course, I say the royal 'you', as you don't actually attend matches, do you? ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Fusilier52 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi Sven , where have you been ? I've missed your wit, wisdom and cheeky demeanour, you little tinker .Just remember your boss's site gets paid per hit so think of my contribution as going some way towards furnishing his lavish life style , whilst you sit here day after day having to read each interminably boring excuse ridden post . A quick question how do you think your concourse will fare against Fulham tomorrow ? all jokes aside I think you've got a slim chance (its the biggest in the country don't you know) . :lol:[/quote]
Unlike you, I think the vast majority of our posters have made some pretty honest assessments, Gunny; so again you exaggerate the truth...

It's no secret that this/any Forum relies on hits but your 'needy' contribution is a drop in the ocean in real terms

I can't speak of my (pathetically termed) boss' lavish lifestyle, as I haven't been allowed out of the dungeon that houses us Mods/Admins but we are allowed to watch the Swansea version of 'The Handmaids Tale' to show us how lucky we are... ;) :laughing6:

All jokes aside? I've been to Craven Cottage and both their concourse and ground aren't great and no better than yours other than for 'traditional football ground' reasons; but it is better managed and facilitated by some distance

That club actually welcomes their away support; something our stadium (if not support) does even for your lot on your annual day out. We even provided a decent choir to drown out your supports traditional 'rugger' songs...

Of course, I say the royal 'you', as you don't actually attend matches, do you? ;)[/quote]

As Tesco was famously declared "every little helps" just think of it as a small token of my appreciation , this site has to be one of the top football forums out there , the mental benefits of comedic value can never be underestimated especially in these stressful days.
Fulham indeed is a traditional football ground and one of a few now left at the upper reaches of the football divisions , a great place to meet and mingle with the great and the good ( of both teams) .I've never been in our away end so I couldn't comment on its merits , yours is ok I suppose, although a bit bland for those of us who appreciate the finer aspects of modern architecture . Regarding your "choir" its often been said and I concur ,yours is not the nosiest ground in the country ,far form it. I suppose in comparison to some local chapel to you it may seem decent .
I'm not sure what rugger songs you're referring to . I did hear Hymns and Aries sung with gusto by the boys in blue and quite a few in pink which was nice ( although its content was a little rude for my taste) prior to KO but little else from your end although there wasn't much to sing about and understandably so.
Fusilier52

Postby Felixstowe_jack » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:55 pm

Still only 8000 at your last two home games while we sold out for the Cardiff game. Pity Cardiff could not sell their allocation.
Felixstowe_jack

Next

Return to General Chat