Ken Choo Says Need to get Rid of Mick, MICK replies

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:49 pm

Mick McCarthy's response to Cardiff City chief reportedly claiming he 'wished he had a new manager' after Swansea City defeat

Bluebirds CEO Ken Choo is alleged to have said to supporters on one bus on Sunday morning that he "wished he had a new manager"

Ken Choo has since been asked by Radio Wales and he refused to deny it.

Ken Choo CEO who jokes with fans about sacking his manager for cheap laughs. That's how embarrassing and unprofessional we have become.

By Glen Williams

Sunday 17th October 2021

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has responded to claims that CEO Ken Choo told supporters that he "wished he had a new manager" ahead of the Swansea City defeat.

Two fans aboard one of the Bluebirds supporter buses which departed the Welsh capital on Sunday morning wrote on Twitter that Cardiff fans shouted "get a new manager" at Choo. It is alleged that Choo then replied: "I wish we had a new manager."

After the humiliating 3-0 defeat by Swansea, the Bluebirds' six straight loss in a row, McCarthy was asked for his reaction to the above, to which he replied: "I don't have any reaction to it.

"Something that you think you've heard or someone thinks they've heard, I'd give that no reaction.

"I can't imagine that Ken Choo would say that, actually, to people. And if he did I think it would be said to me and nobody else.

"So no, I wouldn't react to that."

BBC Radio Wales then reported on air that Choo had been contacted and refused to deny that he said it to the busload of supporters.

When that was returned to McCarthy, he said: "As far as my relationship with people at the club, you've got nothing to do with that.

"Anything I would do, I'd do it in private. Anything I'd have to say to people, except about that game, I would speak to them personally. And that's what I would expect.

"We'll wait and see."

He added: "Until Ken tells me he said it, it doesn't make a difference to me.

"The only thing that's making any difference to me is this game, that's what's concerning me at the moment."

The defeat by arch-rivals Swansea only ramps up the pressure on McCarthy, who has now overseen Cardiff's worst losing run since 1985 when Alan Durban was in charge.

It doesn't get any easier, either, with Fulham next on the agenda for the Bluebirds on Wednesday night.

When asked if McCarthy thought he would be in charge for that match, he said: "Until anyone tells me any different, I'll be in tomorrow morning and preparing for the game."
Attachments
981CD5E2-9CD6-446A-AC9B-D1CF72EDDE32.jpeg
981CD5E2-9CD6-446A-AC9B-D1CF72EDDE32.jpeg (3 MiB) Viewed 10352 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ken Choo Says Need to get Rid of Mick, MICK replies

Postby Danny Says » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Well hurry up and tell McCarthy he need not bother turning up tomorrow except to pick up his P45 (and handsome pay off)
Danny Says

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:13 pm

Unprofessional from Choo to say that if he did. It does feel like he said something on those lines as he has had a chance to deny it.

What a mess everything is atm.
Bakedalasker

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:21 pm

No matter what he thinks off mm he shouldn’t have said it mm was not my choice but he shouldn’t be so unprofessional
cardiff 74

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:57 pm

Sounds more like a throw away line taken out context in response to fans especially said before game.... but doesn't really matter still get same response on here..say nothing damned say something and over it like a rash...feel sorry for ken for trying to be accessible to fans and ends up getting slated onstead.. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby fred keenor » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Sorry hes a CEO , should not be speaking about any employee like that
fred keenor

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:09 pm

fred keenor wrote:Sorry hes a CEO , should not be speaking about any employee like that

Shouldn't have gone in coach more like it...asking for trouble and got it :old:
pembroke allan

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Mick knows it
We know it
Ken Choo wants it
Dalman wont have a clue what we are talking about
And Tan will end up paying for it.

The end of Mick's contract and it being paid up. You cannot have a set of results like this - with performances like we have had, with as many goals conceded as we have had - and expect to keep your job.

You cant change all the players - so you do the next best thing and change the Manager.
Choo and Dalman also need a long hard look at themselves.

It's going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCarthy's response to Cardiff City chief reportedly claiming he 'wished he had a new manager' after Swansea City defeat

Bluebirds CEO Ken Choo is alleged to have said to supporters on one bus on Sunday morning that he "wished he had a new manager"

Ken Choo has since been asked by Radio Wales and he refused to deny it.

By Glen Williams

Sunday 17th October 2021

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has responded to claims that CEO Ken Choo told supporters that he "wished he had a new manager" ahead of the Swansea City defeat.

Two fans aboard one of the Bluebirds supporter buses which departed the Welsh capital on Sunday morning wrote on Twitter that Cardiff fans shouted "get a new manager" at Choo. It is alleged that Choo then replied: "I wish we had a new manager."

After the humiliating 3-0 defeat by Swansea, the Bluebirds' six straight loss in a row, McCarthy was asked for his reaction to the above, to which he replied: "I don't have any reaction to it.

"Something that you think you've heard or someone thinks they've heard, I'd give that no reaction.

"I can't imagine that Ken Choo would say that, actually, to people. And if he did I think it would be said to me and nobody else.

"So no, I wouldn't react to that."

BBC Radio Wales then reported on air that Choo had been contacted and refused to deny that he said it to the busload of supporters.

When that was returned to McCarthy, he said: "As far as my relationship with people at the club, you've got nothing to do with that.

"Anything I would do, I'd do it in private. Anything I'd have to say to people, except about that game, I would speak to them personally. And that's what I would expect.

"We'll wait and see."

He added: "Until Ken tells me he said it, it doesn't make a difference to me.

"The only thing that's making any difference to me is this game, that's what's concerning me at the moment."

The defeat by arch-rivals Swansea only ramps up the pressure on McCarthy, who has now overseen Cardiff's worst losing run since 1985 when Alan Durban was in charge.

It doesn't get any easier, either, with Fulham next on the agenda for the Bluebirds on Wednesday night.

When asked if McCarthy thought he would be in charge for that match, he said: "Until anyone tells me any different, I'll be in tomorrow morning and preparing for the game."

Amongst the long list of Choos failings also seems to be thinking mask wearing on a bus is something that doesn't apply to him
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Ibby » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:58 pm

Will Tan act ?
Ibby

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:10 pm

Sam said the same about Alan Cork after the 4-0 Wigan defeat.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:32 pm

maccydee wrote:Sam said the same about Alan Cork after the 4-0 Wigan defeat.

And that night Cork was gone.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Sam said the same about Alan Cork after the 4-0 Wigan defeat.

And that night Cork was gone.

Rightly so too. Look what happened next.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Sounds more like a throw away line taken out context in response to fans especially said before game.... but doesn't really matter still get same response on here..say nothing damned say something and over it like a rash...feel sorry for ken for trying to be accessible to fans and ends up getting slated onstead.. :roll:

Pretty much sums it up Allan :thumbup:

Ken Choo, when met is am amiable guy doing his best under the rules applied and trying to build a rapport with supporters only to be slammed at very opportunity

And we wonder why we don't get much out of the (so called) Committee? :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:06 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Sounds more like a throw away line taken out context in response to fans especially said before game.... but doesn't really matter still get same response on here..say nothing damned say something and over it like a rash...feel sorry for ken for trying to be accessible to fans and ends up getting slated onstead.. :roll:

Ken Choo, when met is am amiable guy doing his best under the rules applied and trying to build a rapport with supporters only to be slammed at very opportunity

Let’s be honest no matter what Tan and by association Dalman does it will never be enough for some. That’s fine they are entitled to their opinion but lack of objectivity must mean what they do say is taken with a pinch of salt.

If Tan cured cancer some would say should have done it sooner.
maccydee

Postby wez1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:36 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Let’s be honest no matter what Tan and by association Dalman does it will never be enough for some. That’s fine they are entitled to their opinion but lack of objectivity must mean what they do say is taken with a pinch of salt.

Sums it up really
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:51 am

wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sums it up really

Cure cancer? He can't run a football club.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:24 am

Ken Choo CEO who jokes with fans about sacking his manager for cheap laughs. That's how embarrassing and unprofessional we have become.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am

What's more embarrassing is some of our own fans singing with those JB's, your getting sacked in the morning, ffs :banghead:
1980s Bluebird

Postby maccydee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sums it up really

Cure cancer? He can't run a football club.

Well lack of HMRC court cases and having to sell players to pay wages says he does better than some.
maccydee

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ken Choo CEO who jokes with fans about sacking his manager for cheap laughs. That's how embarrassing and unprofessional we have become.

Oh hang on a minute !! So Sam never said anything similar about players or managers when he was holding his "fan forums" :roll:

Some of the stuff he came out with by naming players and mangers was so near the mark I'm surprised he wasn't sued for slander :roll: :lol:

But hey-ho another chance to have a pop at Choo and this regime. If he hadn't got on the bus or interacted he would have been slagged off by some on here for being too remote :banghead:
piledriver64

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:37 pm

McCarthy was forced to answer questions about Ken Choo, after social media reports before the derby that Cardiff's chief executive had questioned the manager's future while speaking to fans on a bus travelling to the game.

When contacted by BBC Wales, Choo did not deny the reports, but suggested they were said in jest.

McCarthy said: "I don't have any reaction to it. Something that you think you've heard or someone thinks they've heard, I'd give that no reaction.

"As far as my relationship with people at the club, you've got nothing to do with that.

"Anything I would do, I'd do it in private. Anything I'd have to say to people, except about that game, I would speak to them personally. And that's what I would expect."
TopCat CCFC

Postby brettski » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:03 pm

i'm a passionate city fan and a very good communicator. I'm sure I could deliver as our next City manager. Get in touch :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
brettski

Return to General Chat