Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

we are in trouble, big trouble.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:25 pm

Hi guys, :ayatollah:

Not been on the forum for a couple of years due to one thing or another but read arrticles when I've had the time.
Still hardly missed a home match in the 20+ years I've suffered having my season ticket and have very much been through the highs and lows- and currently this is almost as low as I can remember!

WTF did I just witness?!?!?
I'm sure I just saw a game against our nearest and dearest with XI players & coaching staff who didn't give a flying f*ck if they won, drew or lost, (I am sure I'm wrong in this but it certainly looked like it!)

Before I get to the team, I want to say this about VT & the boardroom. I will be forever in their debt to them essentially saving the club what seems to feel like an eternity ago. Ok the red debacle can be filed under B1N and stay there, but I do believe if it wasn't for them god knows where we'd be now.

However it's about time Mr Tan showed his hand on what vision he has for the club (if there is one). Is he still invested or has he washed his hands of whether we do well or not? If he wants success then he needs to come out say so, and put his hands in his pocket during the January window. If he doesn't want to be a part of this anymore then he needs to sell and face the realisation he's not likely to make his money back in this climate.

As for the team...........well :banghead:
We used to have an identity - yes it wasn't a pretty identity but we were big, hard bullies who very rarely lost two games on the spin. We had a fighting mentality that made us difficult to beat. Well clearly that's no longer the case.

Obviously the manager has to go as the buck stops with him. He performed minor miracles when he came in after Harris and deserved his contract extension - but his tactics and team selections have left me scratching my head with the team selection today being the strangest of the lot.

They got booed off against WBA, and although I don't boo - I could understand the frustrations. They got clapped off against Reading even if we did lose. Mick changed the team for that game and they played better than they had for a while. Yes it wasn't brilliant, but it was better.

So to revert to type today was staggering. And as much as like him as a pundit (old school and dry!) this is on him and deserves the battering he gets. Also he was just stood on the sideline today looking like a lost puppy. A beaten man with no passion left in the tank. Well if the players are seeing that then some must be thinking what's the point - a wrong attitude but it must be crossing their minds. Plus they must've thought why change the style that looked a bit better in the last game regardless of the result?

My biggest fear going forward is what can the new manager (if we get one) do to change things?

Yes we should get the inevitable 'bounce' when the new man comes in - effort levels strangely increase 25%, the crowd gives the team the push and quite a few times results come off the back of this, as what has happened down here many times before.

But it just papers over the cracks and those cracks become chasms very quickly.
We bring a "footballing" philosophy manager who likes to get the ball down. Great - but be truthful, who apart from Colwill, Giles, Pack (to a degree) and Ralls can play this way in the squad we have now?

Put bluntly, we try and play football with players who can't play football and we'll get tanked every game. It'll be like Fulham when the go up to the Prem and think they can take the big boys on at their own game, and find out the hard way, you can't.

So to develop a footballing structure, style of play and philosophy at the club is going to take, time and a good few transfer windows to reshape the squad (and that's going to cost money, while praying other clubs want the guys we have now).

Ultimately whatever happens it's going to have to come from the top, and that is why I would like Mr Tan to explain what his intentions are.

I'll be there against Boro, and I'll be there against every other team we play against as long as I have breath in my body as City are in my blood - City til I die and all. :bluescarf:

Sorry it was long winded - I tried to not rant reagrdless of the emotions I feel at the moment.
I just long for the tide to eventually turn!
BBL :occasion5: