Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy: "I am bitterly”

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:13 pm

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"I am bitterly disappointed. It was the same at Blackburn when we had our chances. We had two great chances today and we have got to be better in both boxes, that's for sure. The [first] goal we concede - just giving the ball away we did was disappointing.

"They are a good footballing team and once they go 1-0 in front we have got to go and chase it and got opened up. I am really disappointed in the end.

"I always expect them to give everything, which they do. It's difficult when you are on a run like we are, all of a sudden it doesn't look cohesive and sometimes you get opened up.

"The game-plan worked well at the start, but once we conceded it was disappointing from there on. They give everything they have got, the players, but I would just like us to be better of course."
Attachments
B833415C-7948-47AF-94E4-EAE246F53AD3.jpeg
B833415C-7948-47AF-94E4-EAE246F53AD3.jpeg (94.28 KiB) Viewed 7224 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy: "I am bitterly”

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:15 pm

He says be in work in morning preparing for fulham game? Surely he cannot be allowed to carry on.
During the game after they scored he just stood there arms folded doing nothing....:banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby theclaw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:27 pm

“The game plan started well” but why did he take so long to change things when it wasn’t going well.
Mick you did great when you took over but things have gone beyond repair now.
Thank you and good bye.
theclaw

Postby Igovernor » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:He says be in work in morning preparing for fulham game? Surely he cannot be allowed to carry on.
During the game after they scored he just stood there arms folded doing nothing....:banghead:

He may mot be ;)
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:38 pm

theclaw wrote:“The game plan started well” but why did he take so long to change things when it wasn’t going well.
Mick you did great when you took over but things have gone beyond repair now.
Thank you and good bye.

He showed no passion or emotion when they scored just stood emotionless arms folded not a good motivation for Players.
pembroke allan

Postby castleblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:51 pm

Walesonline reporting Ken Choo said on a supporters coach this morning "He wanted a new manager". BBC have contacted him to confirm if he said it or not and he has refused to deny it.

MM is toast.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:57 pm

castleblue wrote:Walesonline reporting Ken Choo said on a supporters coach this morning "He wanted a new manager". BBC have contacted him to confirm if he said it or not and he has refused to deny it.

MM is toast.

Ken Choo is actually on our side in many areas but he is ultimately a paid employee doing his job; not unlike most (but not all) on here

Having met and spoken to him several times, I like the man and his (relative to the politician) openness
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Escott1927 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:59 pm

In the last 6 games we have scored 1 and conceded 15. What is the game plan exactly? Conceed and not score? Do the right thing mick and f**k off already.
Escott1927

Postby castleblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Sven wrote:
castleblue wrote:Walesonline reporting Ken Choo said on a supporters coach this morning "He wanted a new manager". BBC have contacted him to confirm if he said it or not and he has refused to deny it.

MM is toast.

Ken Choo is actually on our side in many areas but he is ultimately a paid employee doing his job; not unlike most (but not all) on here

Having met and spoken to him several times, I like the man and his (relative to the politician) openness

Agreed a nice guy Chris but do you think he said this? And did he get any applications from fans on the bus. :lol: :lol:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... y-21884776

castleblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Sven wrote:

MM is toast.

He must have someone in mind then and ready to approach once MM is shown the door.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:24 pm

I'm bitterly disappointed too Mick. Disappointed that I have had to watch the garbage you have served up for the vast majority of the time you have been in charge. Disappointed that any player with pace or flair was removed from the club under your watch. Disppoainted that you seem to have taken the club backwards by at least five years and left us with a threadbare squad that will be lucky to survive even after you have gone with your payout. The football hasn't been particularly great to watch since Dave Jones days, but at least Warnock, Malky and even Harris to a certain degree seemed to have a plan and an idea of the players that could implement it whereas you seem to be utterly clueless about both. Please go and at least give us the chance to salvage our season.
Bluebird For Life

Postby fred keenor » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Losing today , picking 5 CH he has lost all credibility with all fans.
Why he has not gone already is beyond me.
fred keenor

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"I am bitterly disappointed. It was the same at Blackburn when we had our chances. We had two great chances today and we have got to be better in both boxes, that's for sure. The [first] goal we concede - just giving the ball away we did was disappointing.

"They are a good footballing team and once they go 1-0 in front we have got to go and chase it and got opened up. I am really disappointed in the end.

"I always expect them to give everything, which they do. It's difficult when you are on a run like we are, all of a sudden it doesn't look cohesive and sometimes you get opened up.

"The game-plan worked well at the start, but once we conceded it was disappointing from there on. They give everything they have got, the players, but I would just like us to be better of course."

"I am bitterly disappointed" too Mick.

Still, you can console yourself with a nice 400k payoff as a failure.
Big Hill Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:07 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:

"I am bitterly disappointed" too Mick.

Still, you can console yourself with a nice 400k payoff as a failure.

Bruce get a nice payoff £8m if you believe it.... so getting rid of mick be worth £400k :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby fred keenor » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:26 pm

We wont pay him off, if he was going it would have been tonight

Our gutless chairman again failing to show his face or communicate with our fans.
fred keenor

Postby wez1927 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:20 pm

I've had 15 pints and even I'm not that deluded ffs stay off the drugs mick
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Danny Says » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Haven’t seen any really decent attacking football since the halcyon days under Jones. There were instances of it under Mackay and Warnock but that apart we’ve been starved of excitement for too long.
McCarthys excuses are pitiful.
Danny Says

Postby stickywicket » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Apparently we played one of the best teams in the league.
Who previously drew 0-0 with Derby.
However, he hopes things go better at Fulham. Good luck with that one
stickywicket

Postby litoblues » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Can't believe Mccarthy was given a contract.. Diabolical team to watch.. Park football is much better
litoblues

Postby darran1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:17 pm

fred keenor wrote:We wont pay him off, if he was going it would have been tonight

Our gutless chairman again failing to show his face or communicate with our fans.

Get the feeling you’re right, was expecting him to be gone by now, looks like still here for Fulham at least
darran1927

Postby Ibby » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Ibby

Return to General Chat