Don't sack Mick unless

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don't sack Mick unless

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:44 pm

we can bring someone in that can change the culture of our club.My son said to me "dad,can you be objective about what you just saw.Can you appreciate the quality of the goals you just saw.Don't you wish we could play like that?My reluctant answer was yes to all.We need to stop employing firefighters when we are in the mire only to make the same mistake again.Mick is only the latest symptom of a sickness thats been with us for a few years now.
Sneggyblubird

Don't sack Mick unless

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Don't sack Mick unless

Postby darran1927 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:47 pm

I think he’s got to regardless , he’s constantly playing 5cb which doesn’t work,everyone can see this apart from him. We don’t look like scoring and can’t see where our next point comes from under him. We can’t do worse than losing constantly so get rid
darran1927

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:47 pm

We will go for a League 1 manager
then we will go down
then our club will be a League 1 club

Any decent manager will want cash to spend in which our club simply dont have
Sadly our club is destined for League 1
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby ThomasC » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:49 pm

These 'firefighter' managers maintain championship status. The issue is giving them long contracts after the fire is out!
ThomasC

Postby Abergavenny » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Since Malky we have been forced to play one style because of the players left in the squad We had Trollope who tried to change the way we played but just did not have time to change the players Warnock , Harris and McCarthy all playing the long ball game Until we have ball playing Centre Backs and Midfielders we will be watching the same shit for years
Abergavenny

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Agree that a manager needs to be brought in to change the club from top to bottom but right now any man even the painter needs to replace mick to put players in their correct positions and actually try to win football matches

This team is only Bennett short of last season with a few additions and lots of youngsters no way it should be losing 8 in 9 matches that’s down to the manager and his inability to change anything and insistence on playin 5 cbs

He got rid of our wingers and now he doesn’t have A clue what to do

Anyone else would pick this bunch up set them up differently and hove staying in this league a good hard go

When your conceding 3 goals a game you can live with it if we are scoring goals as eventually we will
Pick up points but under mick we can’t score and concede for fun it’s a recipe for relegation literally giving anyone else a chance now it can’t get any worse even if they don’t turn it around and we go down we will anyway under McCarthy
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Logie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:25 pm

We offer nothing going forward, Moore isolated. How do we get the ball to him and what support does he have when we have the ball?

Formation has to change, Reading was disappointing but atleast we played some football, I don't understand why we went back to 5 at the back again...
Logie

Postby davids » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:We will go for a League 1 manager
then we will go down

League 1 manager?

League 2 more like.

Mike Flynn sitting by his phone at the moment.

Russell Slade too.
davids

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:54 pm

I am not a fan of MM but until today had a certain amount of sympathy for him because its obvious he is operating under a very tight budget. But today was unacceptable and his demeanour during the match and afterwards was that of a person who accepted defeat too easily and its spread to the players

2-0 down and he still hadn't made a change until Bacunas injury forced him to. And his choice of 5 wing centre halves again defies belief.

Reminds me of the Durban days.
JJ1927

Postby Caerdydd12 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:53 am

As I said last week... Gus poyet
Caerdydd12

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:05 am

davids wrote:
then we will go down

League 1 manager?

League 2 more like.

Russell Slade too.

I don't really see a problem with Flynn, give him a chance. At some point we have to gamble on giving a younger manager a go otherwise we'll continually be in this cycle.

That said, I'd rather go with Mark Hudson. Has coached at Premier level, well thought of within the game, understand the club and fans and has previously stated he'd love to come back to the club.

He's not a proven manager but he is certainly a better bet than what we have now !!
piledriver64

Postby Don Keydick » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:30 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
davids wrote:
then we will go down

League 1 manager?

League 2 more like.

Russell Slade too.

I don't really see a problem with Flynn, give him a chance. At some point we have to gamble on giving a younger manager a go otherwise we'll continually be in this cycle.

That said, I'd rather go with Mark Hudson. Has coached at Premier level, well thought of within the game, understand the club and fans and has previously stated he'd love to come back to the club.

He's not a proven manager but he is certainly a better bet than what we have now !!

And he can teach them to shoot from 60 yards lol. :ayatollah:
Don Keydick

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:43 pm

Don Keydick wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
davids wrote:
then we will go down

League 1 manager?

League 2 more like.

Russell Slade too.

And he can teach them to shoot from 60 yards lol. :ayatollah:

Hudson. Why not?
Big Hill Blue

Postby Scoularite » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:43 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
davids wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:
then we will go down

League 1 manager?

League 2 more like.

Russell Slade too.

Who has Mark Hudson coached at premier level?
Scoularite

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:17 am

Scoularite wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
davids wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:
then we will go down

League 1 manager?

League 2 more like.

Russell Slade too.

Who has Mark Hudson coached at premier level?

Huddersfield :thumbright:
piledriver64

Return to General Chat