MY VIEW: SWANS V BLUEBIRDS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Firstly, I would say I would appreciate a view from someone who attended the game and (maybe) actually spoke to Ken Choo, who for me is a very decent man just doing a job for his boss

With regard to the game itself, I genuinely thought we would be fully 'up' for the task in hand and our team selection would show the same intent as the Reading one

The rights and wrongs of that selection were going to be laid bare once the game kicked off and the result of that is now there for all to see; an abject performance from the Bluebirds that saw the Swans look like a decent team when they are not; just the same as last season

Six defeats in a row now tell a damning story! :cry:

The Bluebirds started well and might have gone in front early on, if we had confident players in front of goal

The Swans had a penalty denied (I thought it was) and then scored a decent opener after which the Bluebirds reverted to type and into their negative shell

HALF-TIME SCORE: SWANS 1 - 0 BLUEBIRDS

Second half we started brightly again but the Swans came back into it and eventually increased their lead with another good goal and then another

The Bluebirds look lost and rudderless currently and oncecagain the manager's position will be (rightly) questioned

Will he do the decent thing; or will thr Committee make the rightbdecision this time?

They thought about it a couple of weeks ago but relented and surely they now neef to revisit urgently whilst adding more play-makers to the squad

Massively disappointing, massively deflating and massively worrying now! :roll:

FINAL SCORE: SWANS 3 - 0 BLUEBIRDS
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: SWANS V BLUEBIRDS

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Sven wrote:Firstly, I would say I would appreciate a view from someone who attended the game and (maybe) actually spoke to Ken Choo, who for me is a very decent man just doing a job for his boss

With regard to the game itself, I genuinely thought we would be fully 'up' for the task in hand and our team selection would show the same intent as the Reading one

The rights and wrongs of that selection were going to be laid bare once the game kicked off and the result of that is now there for all to see; an abject performance from the Bluebirds that saw the Swans look like a decent team when they are not; just the same as last season

Six defeats in a row now tell a damning story! :cry:

The Bluebirds started well and might have gone in front early on, if we had confident players in front of goal

The Swans had a penalty denied (I thought it was) and then scored a decent opener after which the Bluebirds reverted to type and into their negative shell

HALF-TIME SCORE: SWANS 1 - 0 BLUEBIRDS

Second half we started brightly again but the Swans came back into it and eventually increased their lead with another good goal and then another

The Bluebirds look lost and rudderless currently and oncecagain the manager's position will be (rightly) questioned

Will he do the decent thing; or will thr Committee make the rightbdecision this time?

They thought about it a couple of weeks ago but relented and surely they now neef to revisit urgently whilst adding more play-makers to the squad

Massively disappointing, massively deflating and massively worrying now! :roll:

FINAL SCORE: SWANS 3 - 0 BLUEBIRDS

Get rid of mick and things will improve no doubts about that...
9 goals conceded previous 5 man defence? No idea why any manager would think it would work again it doesn't a complete lack of rationale.... normally managers don't try something again if it fails badly obviously mick didn't think conceding 9 goals was a failure.. 6 defeats no goals scored a horrific stat....:banghead:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby Danny Says » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:16 pm

You’re not really expecting the board to make a proper football decision are you? My next door neighbours cat knows more than them.
We’ve seen plenty of clubs fall down a slippery slope after relegation from the PL but this is all self inflicted mismanagement by a corporate board tinkering on a venture outside their specialty.
The only good thing is we’ve got a lot of the season left to rescue it.
Wednesday is a nothing to lose game so sack the manager now - unless he does the sensible thing and resign- and restart afresh.
Danny Says

Postby stentona » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Danny Says wrote:You’re not really expecting the board to make a proper football decision are you? My next door neighbours cat knows more than them.
We’ve seen plenty of clubs fall down a slippery slope after relegation from the PL but this is all self inflicted mismanagement by a corporate board tinkering on a venture outside their specialty.
Wednesday is a nothing to lose game so sack the manager now - unless he does the sensible thing and resign- and restart afresh.

Great post :ayatollah:
stentona

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Danny Says wrote:You’re not really expecting the board to make a proper football decision are you? My next door neighbours cat knows more than them.

Same board that has overseen two promotions to the premier league.

Or is it only when things go bad are they in charge?
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:04 pm

maccydee wrote:

One promotion was practically guaranteed hence why they came in. The second promotion was down to Warnock and no one else.
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
We’ve seen plenty of clubs fall down a slippery slope after relegation from the PL but this is all se
:| lf inflicted mismanagement by a corporate board tinkering on a venture outside their specialty.

One promotion was practically guaranteed hence why they came in. The second promotion was down to Warnock and no one else.

Who chose warnock? Who gave warnock the money to buy the players to get promotion? Guess it was tea lady..... you cannot just say it was down to manager just because it doesn't suit people to credit owner when it goes right....but slag off owner when it goes wrong? Cake and eat it springs to mind :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
We’ve seen plenty of clubs fall down a slippery slope after relegation from the PL but this is all se
:| lf inflicted mismanagement by a corporate board tinkering on a venture outside their specialty.

Who chose warnock? Who gave warnock the money to buy the players to get promotion? Guess it was tea lady..... you cannot just say it was down to manager just because it doesn't suit people to credit owner when it goes right....but slag off owner when it goes wrong? Cake and eat it springs to mind :roll:

Warnock brought 4 players in on a freebies and saved us from relegation so yes it was down to the Manager. He then got us promoted on a shoestring and nearly kept us in the Premier with Championship players. Warnock did a Cloughy with us and yes I'll say again it was down to the manager.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Warnock brought 4 players in on a freebies and saved us from relegation so yes it was down to the Manager. He then got us promoted on a shoestring and nearly kept us in the Premier with Championship players. Warnock did a Cloughy with us and yes I'll say again it was down to the manager.

Warnock was 100% brought in to firefight after Trollope and it worked...

The miracle was the promotion the season after and thatvis down to one man, the manager, partially but not wholly assisted by those above
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Yes as he picks the team and tactics so down to him when it suits people .... goes wrong like now and it's down to owner as far as the mob concerned? not sure how that works but for some it does..... still doesn't answer the question how did warnock bring in players because He needed the say so of owner to bring them in but that part of the picture is photo shopped and apparently didn't happen. .
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:56 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Warnock was 100% brought in to firefight after Trollope and it worked...

The miracle was the promotion the season after and thatvis down to one man, the manager, partially but not wholly assisted by those above

Chris success at any club is always achieved by everyone going in same direction but in our case it appears no one involved except manager...... yes manager takes the plaudits rightly so but he couldn't have done it without help of owner putting in money or authorizing player purchases no matter what people say.... as for mick well cannot put blame on anyone except him? Hes chosen to play 5 defenders 3 times and against lowest scorers in championship today... not sure how can blame anyone else...
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Yes as he picks the team and tactics so down to him when it suits people .... goes wrong like now and it's down to owner as far as the mob concerned? not sure how that works but for some it does..... still doesn't answer the question how did warnock bring in players because He needed the say so of owner to bring them in but that part of the picture is photo shopped and apparently didn't happen. .

Last season MM inherited a squad with quality like Wilson and Ojo. This season all of them have gone and the fringe players have been promoted. That was the order from Tan and MM accepted that from the start. So however you look at it this squad we have is Tan's doing.

Of course Warnock needed Tans permission to bring in 4 players but under the condition they were free. Until we were able to offload players, the next season, was he allowed to offer them permanent deals. If Tan refused this then it makes you wonder if Warnock would have signed up for us.
Bakedalasker

Postby Danny Says » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:20 pm

The fault lies entirely with the board.
They got over excited when a new manager went on a bounce after Harris lost the dressing room. They gave him a contract before the season ended when the obvious time to make a decision should have been at the end of the season.
The writing was on the wall as soon as he got his pension contract the form dipped. How the board didn’t take a view then to get rid in May was a major error.
The problem of course as mentioned dozens of times and recently by Simon Jordan is there is no “football nous” at executive level. That’s the sole reason for the club not knowing what to do when a decision has to be made.
Choo and Dalman Evo are Tans mouthpiece are equivalent to tea ladies running ICI.
They have to have seen the problems pre season.
It’s easy to say the manager has lost the dressing room as were not privy to that but the players looked lost out there today - it may have been different if Giles and Nelson converted simple chances but the confidence was seeping out of the players by the end; headless,disorganised and not knowing what the plan was.
Now that is down to the manager.
So in conclusion the main problem is the club executive out of their depth. They need a football consultant urgently.
Danny Says

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

They took over May 2010 just after we bombed the playoffs that year. First full season under Tan we got playoffs second season promoted as champions. The year they took over we had a massive turnaround in coaching staff and players which Tan funded.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:41 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

They took over May 2010 just after we bombed the playoffs that year. First full season under Tan we got playoffs second season promoted as champions. The year they took over we had a massive turnaround in coaching staff and players which Tan funded.

I'm saying we had the infrastructure in place for the Premier. We could attract the right players to the club because of that. We had to get rid of DJ as he was not up for the job. Malky did a great job building on what we had and got us there with Tan trying to take the credit by saying "It was my money". That's when it all starting going wrong.

Since then we have been heading to where we are now. It's making the Warnock era a blip, we were never going to establish ourselves in the Premier, and now we are starring relegation into League one. Trollope saga 2 shall we call it.
Bakedalasker

Postby goats » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:55 pm

This is true, Tan always tried to take the credit, he couldn’t with getting NW in because it started with fans, then Wales online picked it up and it became a reality. Sad but true that a failed roofer from Jack land had far more success running a club than Tan. He just doesn’t get it, throws money at it badly, then when it all goes tits up he just says he’s bank rolling us and we are in debt bla bla bla….look no further than Dalman….clueless
goats

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

I'm saying we had the infrastructure in place for the Premier. We could attract the right players to the club because of that. We had to get rid of DJ as he was not up for the job. Malky did a great job building on what we had and got us there with Tan trying to take the credit by saying "It was my money". That's when it all starting going wrong.

Since then we have been heading to where we are now. It's making the Warnock era a blip, we were never going to establish ourselves in the Premier, and now we are starring relegation into League one. Trollope saga 2 shall we call it.

Infrastructure for the premier league? Changing history much. Why didn’t we get there then? Poor training facilities that meant every winter our performances dropped massively. Squad full of loan players. Season ticket money for the next year already gone.

I know you like changing things to suit your agenda but that’s crazy mate.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:47 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

Infrastructure for the premier league? Changing history much. Why didn’t we get there then? Poor training facilities that meant every winter our performances dropped massively. Squad full of loan players. Season ticket money for the next year already gone.

What are you talking about?

I talk what I see and that is we are going backwards very quickly. Why, because we are bringing in fringe players under the order of Tan. If we go down, highly likely at the moment, then Tan should take responsibility. Simple as that.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

I talk what I see and that is we are going backwards very quickly. Why, because we are bringing in fringe players under the order of Tan. If we go down, highly likely at the moment, then Tan should take responsibility. Simple as that.

It has been said it’s FFP related. But you are right there should have been something said to explain.
maccydee

Postby Scoularite » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:38 pm

by Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:47 pm

Bakedalasker

Do you actually know that or could it be that there is a constraint on the budget? And did he also decide to bring in another center-back rather than a creative midfielder?
Scoularite

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

How is it highly likely we are going down? Haven’t been in the relegation zone yet. Isn’t that what was said about Malky in the premier league.
maccydee

Postby fred keenor » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

How is it highly likely we are going down? Haven’t been in the relegation zone yet. Isn’t that what was said about Malky in the premier league.

Cant see where our next goal is coming from never mind a win

15 goals conceded 1 scored

Not a single goal in the first half of any game

You must certainly see something im not , sorry
fred keenor

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:44 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What are you on about?

So tan takes responsibility for relegation but a manager takes credit for promotion? Laughable one takes credit for failure but doesn't for success... :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing5:
pembroke allan

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:50 pm

MM Pre match interview---Its just another challenge...I rest my case
1980s Bluebird

Postby stickywicket » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm

Holliett.Bennett/Murphy.The loan playeres Ojo and Wilson Gone not replaced.
One winger.No full backs.No class in midfield.
One striker.
A manager who carries on playing 5 centre backs after the drubbing against WBA.ouldn't be arsed to watch the game today.
To be honest I coouldn't be arsed to watch the game today.
We are fucked.
stickywicket

Return to General Chat