Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team News

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:07 am

FB5I1mGX0AE32QP.jpg
Today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Team news

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:10 am

The old 5 cb’s experiment is showing it’s face again. It fills me with deep joy knowing our gameplan is going there not to concede!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:11 am

5 centre backs :banghead:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:13 am

Five centre halves again. What happened last time! I expected to lose today but that guarantees it. The man is a moron. He's sets ultra defensively and we'll get punished accordingly. Watch us go one nil down in 15 minutes and then have to change it. Its so depressing. Credit to everyone going today having to endure this, I hope you give McCarthy the send off he deserves at the final whistle.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:13 am

He is trying to get sacked, he is throwing in the towel, he wants out. No other reason for this team selection

This may prevail, but Swansea are not the division "top clubs". This is bordering on incompetence or willful neglect.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 am

let them play their. tippy tappy football.. we have to play to our strength.. and that is. to our Physical strength... obvious, not a time for us to change our style

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 am

The only positive I see is that Swansea have got a ‘small’ defence Bennett aside. So if we do our one dimensional hoof all and hope for set pieces we could knick it.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 am

Absolutely pitiful team selection

MM can f**k off, so so negative. Feel so sorry for Keiffer going to be completely isolated!!

Win, lose or draw he should be sacked in the morning

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:20 am

The rationale for 5 defenders is to enhance goal scoring chances from dead ball situations? Only problem is by playing this system we do not get the ball in opposition area to get corners or throwins...and with swans habit of passing teams to death can see a very boring game with swans 1-0 cannot see us scoring.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 am

llan bluebird wrote:He is trying to get sacked, he is throwing in the towel, he wants out. No other reason for this team selection

This may prevail, but Swansea are not the division "top clubs". This is bordering on incompetence or willful neglect.

That's how I see it MM has run the white flag up the pole again but this time against a team equally as poor as us. Advantage Swansea before a ball is kicked.

I wonder if Bacuna is going to walk around doing little again today. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ffs, 5 CBs again! How does he expect to win games with 8 defensive outfield players. Lose this and I can see a toxic atmosphere next home game.

I once called this line up a ' 5 centre back ' team, and was clearly told that both Brown and McGuinness were accomplished wing backs...?

Am sure you'll get the same response? Or maybe not.

At least MM has left the majority of the so called wonder kids out of this game. They should be nowhere near our first team and are only in and around the squad/1st team because a certain owner refuses to sanction the buying of players.

Bore draw today at best, then listen to MM hail a great defensive display.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 am

pembroke allan wrote:The rationale for 5 defenders is to enhance goal scoring chances from dead ball situations? O ly problem is by playing this system we do not get the ball in opposition area to get corners or throwins...and with swans habit of passing teams to death can see a very boring game with swans 1-0 cannot see us scoring.

You have to have some possession to get the dead ball decisions. The lack of width or pace to get up the pitch will kill us. Sadly, I can see this being an utter humiliation. 4 v 0 to them is my prediction. I have never felt so hopeless about a City team before a match. Bet the Jacks are already laughing and rubbing their hands with glee.
Last edited by EastleighBlue on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:24 am

Yes I’m pissed off about the 5 centre backs but more pissed off about a back five after a better looking performance last game with a back 4.
Feeling negative but let’s pray for a miracle (0-1 Bacuna)

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:24 am

Bonner wrote:let them play their. tippy tappy football.. we have to play to our strength.. and that is. to our Physical strength... obvious, not a time for us to change our style

The 4 games pre Reading showed this is not a strength when playing teams who are quick and pass it well. Reading it was changed (due to necessity) and it was the best performance we’ve had in months.

Mick has bottled it again and played right into Swanseas hands.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:28 am

EastleighBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:The rationale for 5 defenders is to enhance goal scoring chances from dead ball situations? O ly problem is by playing this system we do not get the ball in opposition area to get corners or throwins...and with swans habit of passing teams to death can see a very boring game with swans 1-0 cannot see us scoring.

You have to have some possession to get the dead ball decisions. The lack of width or pace to get up the pitch will kill us. Sadly, I can see this being an utter humiliation. 4 v 0 to them is my prediction. I have never felt so hopeless about a City team before a match. Bet the Jacks are already laughing and rubbing their hands with glee.

That's exactly how I feel, we've had poor teams in the past but at least our managers at the time used to pick their best team and formations, but this is absolutely depressing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:28 am

f**k off mick aetting us up to draw

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:31 am

What a waste the international break has been.

Reading was a formation and performance that he had two weeks to build on - instead he has reverted to type.

If we win today, defensive, turgid football is here to stay. It might work in patches, but that is all. If we lose, Mick has to walk - he got the break to build on something and it will have been wasted. I could just about accept losing today, if there was progression from the Reading game - if we lose based on the team he has put out, he’ll have no one to blame but himself.

If we lose and he doesn’t walk, the club can’t give him any more chances.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am

Don Keydick wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

That's exactly how I feel, we've had poor teams in the past but at least our managers at the time used to pick their best team and formations, but this is absolutely depressing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They play with 3 at back 4 in midfield we will be overrun in midfield cannot see how we can put pressure on their back 3 with 2 up front 3 in midfield it's a very disjointed system against a team like Swansea and a recipe for disaster... only saving grace is they've got terrible attacking stats in bottom 3 or worse in championship only 9 goals scored..
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:39 am

Just what has baccuna have to do to get dropped.
After the team playing so well againgst reading although we lost MM goes back to 5 at the back which was not working before.
Having said that we will probably go out and win (I know i am a bit old to bellieve in fairy stories) :laughing5:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:42 am

The Jacks are no WBA or Blackburn so this formation does stand a chance of proving itself.

As for countering that is going to depend on Giles producing the deliveries for Moore. Hopefully Moore will get that one early chance where we will then defend. That's the best we can hope for.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:43 am

Always optimistic before a ball is kicked but have to say this is not what we wanted to see

Mick McCarthy has set up his team and will rise or fall off the back of it

I'll get behind the Bluebird XI from the start though and hope that he has got it right... :ayatollah:

Nice to hear Neil Taylor admit 'small club Swansea have been overachieving' live on Sky TV though! :thumbright: :laughing6:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:44 am

Igovernor wrote:Just what has baccuna have to do to get dropped.
After the team playing so well againgst reading although we lost MM goes back to 5 at the back which was not working before.
Having said that we will probably go out and win (I know i am a bit old to bellieve in fairy stories) :laughing5:

There are only a few certainties in life: the sun will rise each morning and City will lose playing 5 centre halves.

Lets hope he's sacked this evening. Well done to everyone there who is going to suffer watching this.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:46 am

Bakedalasker wrote:The Jacks are no WBA or Blackburn so this formation does stand a chance of proving itself.

As for countering that is going to depend on Giles producing the deliveries for Moore. Hopefully Moore will get that one early chance where we will then defend. That's the best we can hope for.

Even more reason not to play with 5 centre backs then and get some bodies in midfield to counter them. This formation will help Swansea as they will overload the midfield and no that we have no chance of hurting them on the break.

Best form of defence is attack and all that…someone needs to let Mick know.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am

That team selection is extremely depressing - 5 centre backs and Bacuna!! I saw my first City match in 1950 and the performances this season have been some of the worst I have seen since that time. I just wish I hadn’t renewed my season ticket as I don’t look forward to matches any more. I honestly don’t know what McCarthy sees in Bacuna as he contributes virtually nothing to the team, and appears disinterested most of the time as he doesn’t chase back, and his anticipation is non-existent.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:03 am

Barclay1 wrote:I once called this line up a ' 5 centre back ' team, and was clearly told that both Brown and McGuinness were accomplished wing backs...?

Am sure you'll get the same response? Or maybe not.

At least MM has left the majority of the so called wonder kids out of this game. They should be nowhere near our first team and are only in and around the squad/1st team because a certain owner refuses to sanction the buying of players.

Bore draw today at best, then listen to MM hail a great defensive display.

Show that post please. Can’t believe anyone would say that about Brown or McGuinness.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:03 am

foul on moore free kick

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:05 am

corner to thejacks could have been a pen to the jacks

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:06 am

Blue78 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:The Jacks are no WBA or Blackburn so this formation does stand a chance of proving itself.

Even more reason not to play with 5 centre backs then and get some bodies in midfield to counter them. This formation will help Swansea as they will overload the midfield and no that we have no chance of hurting them on the break.

Best form of defence is attack and all that…someone needs to let Mick know.

Let's just hope we score 1st because if they do we are screwed !

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:09 am

moore puts ball in giles shot saved