“I was tempted to ring Sol”

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:16 am

Sol Bamba believes it could have been dealt with better?

MICK McCARTHY:

I was tempted to ring Sol, but I left it.

But the story that he wasn’t told, well that’s wrong because I told him.

There was some suggestion that there was a coaching role, but there was no coaching role available.

I don't know if there was some suggestion at some stage that there was a coaching role.

We have all the coaches in place.

In terms of staying on as a player. Hence the reason I put him on for the last minute of the game.

He knew from me, but if he’s suggesting he hasn’t been told by anyone else.

He was told he could come back for pre-season to keep himself fit to get a new club.

Maybe it could of been handled differently, but that is out of my hands.

McCarthy
Attachments
F6EC6C3F-7E30-446B-85E6-44A604C38449.jpeg
F6EC6C3F-7E30-446B-85E6-44A604C38449.jpeg (211.32 KiB) Viewed 8257 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “I was tempted to ring Sol”

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sol Bamba believes it could have been dealt with better?

Are all the club bashers going to apologise now !

MICK McCARTHY:

I was tempted to ring Sol, but I left it.

But the story that he wasn’t told, well that’s wrong because I told him.

There was some suggestion that there was a coaching role, but there was no coaching role available.

I don't know if there was some suggestion at some stage that there was a coaching role.

We have all the coaches in place.

In terms of staying on as a player. Hence the reason I put him on for the last minute of the game.

He knew from me, but if he’s suggesting he hasn’t been told by anyone else.

He was told he could come back for pre-season to keep himself fit to get a new club.

Maybe it could of been handled differently, but that is out of my hands.

McCarthy
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:39 pm

Are all the club bashers going to apologise now !
wez1927

Postby Igovernor » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm

It's what I was told all along, and it is what I have posted on here, "Sol wanted more money and a playing contract"
It's a shame that he has come out with this now, sort of tarnishes his reputation!
Igovernor

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:Are all the club bashers going to apologise now !

Not Club bashers you very well know, Board / Committee bashers.

The club is ours :bluebird: :bluebird:

If you read between the lines and it’s what I said it should of been handled better :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm

Igovernor wrote:It's what I was told all along, and it is what I have posted on here, "Sol wanted more money and a playing contract"
It's a shame that he has come out with this now, sort of tarnishes his reputation!

Bang on and he said he found out he was release by twitter which was a lie as he was told by Mccarthy
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If you read between the lines and it’s what I said it should of been handled better :thumbright:

Sol was told by the Mccarthy that he wasn't getting another contract back at the end of last season so sol knew he was being release ,so he lied in his recent interviews to make the club look bad ,he's totally tarnished his time here by doing these latest interviews.
wez1927

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sol was told by the Mccarthy that he wasn't getting another contract back at the end of last season so sol knew he was being release ,so he lied in his recent interviews to make the club look bad ,he's totally tarnished his time here by doing these latest interviews.

I wonder how much a part warnock played in his outburst?? I said when it came out, he wanted a playing contract, he was told he wasnt going to get that, so he went to boro and warnock, who gave him one!! Sour grapes springs to mind.
bluesince62

Postby caerblue » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:47 pm

How do you all know what McCarthy is saying is real???,just a puppet at the end of the day,says and does,what he’s told by the board
caerblue

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:03 pm

caerblue wrote:How do you all know what McCarthy is saying is real???,just a puppet at the end of the day,says and does,what he’s told by the board

Oh come on sol said in May he wants to play on ,it was obvious the club weren't going to allow that
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:04 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I wonder how much a part warnock played in his outburst?? I said when it came out, he wanted a playing contract, he was told he wasnt going to get that, so he went to boro and warnock, who gave him one!! Sour grapes springs to mind.

Totally agree, sour grapes coz the club thought he was passed it for playing .
wez1927

Postby charlieduke » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:21 pm

Sol wanted a playing contract but he rarely featured towards the end of the season and the club are not short in that department . Why should the club pay him £5K plus a week to be a bit part player. Irrespective of Sol’s time at our club, footballers have had a reality check in the past year with many players three years plus younger than Bamba finding out that clubs are unable/unwilling to hand out contracts as in the past.
charlieduke

Postby CantonStandBob » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:29 pm

charlieduke wrote:Sol wanted a playing contract but he rarely featured towards the end of the season and the club are not short in that department . Why should the club pay him £5K plus a week to be a bit part player. Irrespective of Sol’s time at our club, footballers have had a reality check in the past year with many players three years plus younger than Bamba finding out that clubs are unable/unwilling to hand out contracts as in the past.

Exactly look at the free agents still available, decent players but clearly wanting pre-covid wages when they are nearing the end of their careers.
CantonStandBob

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Very much agree with this... :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:50 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I dont agree with you , the club released sol ,sol has sour grapes and had gone to the media with basically lies that he only knew on twitter that wasn't true ! The manager of our club told sol he will not have a contract this season so unless mick is lying , the club couldnt of handle it any other way ,other than giving him a contract which they weren't going too ! .
wez1927

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I dont agree with you , the club released sol ,sol has sour grapes and had gone to the media with basically lies that he only knew on twitter that wasn't true ! The manager of our club told sol he will not have a contract this season so unless mick is lying , the club couldnt of handle it any other way ,other than giving him a contract which they weren't going too ! .

Wez, it seems promises were made regardless of Mick and that is where I see the issue. At no point does Mick say the club hierarchy spoke to Sol and he is clearly upset at something

As I've said before, although I preferred him to stay, I respected the club's decision to let him go :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:11 am

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wez, it seems promises were made regardless of Mick and that is where I see the issue. At no point does Mick say the club hierarchy spoke to Sol and he is clearly upset at something

As I've said before, although I preferred him to stay, I respected the club's decision to let him go :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Promises were made coz sol said so ? Before Mccarthy? when ? 2 ,3 years ago ? The fact is sol said he wanted to play on the club didn't want him to at Cardiff, sol left to join up with warnock to play on .
wez1927

Postby castleblue » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:52 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Promises were made coz sol said so ? Before Mccarthy? when ? 2 ,3 years ago ? The fact is sol said he wanted to play on the club didn't want him to at Cardiff, sol left to join up with warnock to play on .

I think who said what and when is of no real importance here because Sol has gone on record as saying he ONLY found out about being released on twitter, that is clearly not the case as MM was absolutely clear on this "I told him!". The issue for SOL here is he has doubled down on this twitter statement so it will be interesting to see how he now responds to the statement from MM.

One thing has troubled me about the statement SOL made about being in the dark and only finding out on twitter he was being released and that is the speed with which he had packed up his home and moved. It almost seems as if he knew his time in South Wales was over.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:11 am

charlieduke wrote:Sol wanted a playing contract but he rarely featured towards the end of the season and the club are not short in that department . Why should the club pay him £5K plus a week to be a bit part player. Irrespective of Sol’s time at our club, footballers have had a reality check in the past year with many players three years plus younger than Bamba finding out that clubs are unable/unwilling to hand out contracts as in the past.

Rarely featured? He had cancer!!!
JJ1927

Postby avondaleblue » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:56 am

I thought there was talk of Sol being offered a coaching role with the youngsters last December, before his cancer diagnosis, which was before Mick came in. Due to his treatment and then having to get fit again he didn't play other than that 1 minute of the last game. He said he wanted 1 more season to thank fans for their messages when he was ill. City said he wasn't guaranteed regular game time, so he opted to move to Leeds to live. Can't believe Mick would say he had told him he wouldn't be playing if he had not told him that. Mick might mess up team selection but I do believe he is honest, he's from that age when he says it as it is.
avondaleblue

Postby ThomasC » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Not a fan of the committee but I side with them on this. Sol's great guy and played like a warrior in a City shirt :ayatollah: However, modern football has no time for sentiment at any club.

We are over stocked on centre backs due to Warnock signing Flint when not required.
ThomasC

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 pm

That has to be one of the most ignorant, uncaring and uninformed posts ever on this Forum... :roll: :oops:
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Sven wrote:

That has to be one of the most ignorant, uncaring and uninformed posts ever on this Forum... :roll: :oops:

Chris some people are too daft to be dull :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby New Day Rising » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:49 pm

If Mick was not telling the truth wouldn't he be open to a case of perjury??

The football World has suggested Mick is a straight talker ask Keano
New Day Rising

Postby Ibby » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Sol has become a fans favourites at Boro.
Ibby

Postby Igovernor » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Perhaps he should have thought about ringing the jobcenter :banghead:
Igovernor

Return to General Chat