Captain Sean Morrison

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Captain Sean Morrison

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:07 pm

Will he start sunday or will he still be "injured" ;)
Sneggyblubird

Captain Sean Morrison

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Morrison

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:36 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Will he start sunday or will he still be "injured" ;)

Hope he’s out
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:58 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Will he start sunday or will he still be "injured" ;)

Hope he’s out

Agree we looked far more composed at back with him out team..
pembroke allan

Postby New Day Rising » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:40 pm

He's not been on his game for a while whereas Flint has grown into the team .
New Day Rising

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 pm

Need to avoid defeat .... Whoever starts :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:41 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Need to avoid defeat .... Whoever starts :bluebird:

Great post, Tony... :clap:

We need to get behind whichever XI the manager puts out, stalwart Sean Morrison included and I didn't read people making him their latest 'scapegoat' when we had a good end to last season and start to this

And for the record, he was injured rather than 'rested by stealth' as some woukld like to believe :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:07 am

Sven wrote:

We need to get behind whichever XI the manager puts out, stalwart Sean Morrison included and I didn't read people making him their latest 'scapegoat' when we had a good end to last season and start to this

And for the record, he was injured rather 'rested by stealth' :roll:

Totally agree Chris. If he plays, we get right behind him. I was thinking more that if he plays it means we’re more than likely A - going back to a back 5 B - dropping Flint or Nelson, both of which I wouldn’t be in favour of personally.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby GaerBlue » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:36 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Totally agree Chris. If he plays, we get right behind him. I was thinking more that if he plays it means we’re more than likely A - going back to a back 5 B - dropping Flint or Nelson, both of which I wouldn’t be in favour of personally.

For me, Morrison gets very close to my all time City 11. I’ve been watching since about 95/96. On his day he is a colossus and has scored so many important goals for us. Goals win games.

Nelson on the other hand, Doesn’t score goals, can’t defend and I think my neighbours cat has a better passing success rate than him. Don’t get the love in with him to be honest. I would have dropped him a long time ago, his level is league one at best.

Whoever plays we will get behind as we always do. They’ve got to give it back though. Works both ways. Hopefully a win on Sunday can kick start our season but I’m almost certain it will be another heavy loss.
GaerBlue

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:40 am

GaerBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Totally agree Chris. If he plays, we get right behind him. I was thinking more that if he plays it means we’re more than likely A - going back to a back 5 B - dropping Flint or Nelson, both of which I wouldn’t be in favour of personally.

For me, Morrison gets very close to my all time City 11. I’ve been watching since about 95/96. On his day he is a colossus and has scored so many important goals for us. Goals win games.

Nelson on the other hand, Doesn’t score goals, can’t defend and I think my neighbours cat has a better passing success rate than him. Don’t get the love in with him to be honest. I would have dropped him a long time ago, his level is league one at best.

Whoever plays we will get behind as we always do. They’ve got to give it back though. Works both ways. Hopefully a win on Sunday can kick start our season but I’m almost certain it will be another heavy loss.

I agree with the bulk of that and I know which one I'd rather see in the starting XI; our captain!

I know what Andrew means but I hope the manager has learned his lesson after his defensive experiment imploded after 7 minutes v WBA and we had no attack to rectify

The 'Jacks' are there for the taking, if we have the right attitude and application; one thing I believe Mick will instill from the start! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Kenbird1927 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:56 am

Giles for bagan if Giles aint injured
Attachments
Sundays side or sacked_.png
Giles for bagan if he aint injured
Sundays side or sacked_.png (512.74 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
Kenbird1927

Postby davids » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:25 pm

Kenbird1927 wrote:Giles for bagan if Giles aint injured

I really wouldn't want to see Giles who is without doubt one of our very few attacking threats playing at left back!

Morrison starts for me unless he's not 100%. A true leader, a threat in the opposition box and someone who knows what this fixture means to the fans.

I bet Bacuna starts!
davids

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:49 pm

Is Keiffer fit after his departure from the Wales game?
BLUE54

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 pm

GaerBlue wrote:

On his game, I agree and I agree that Nelson can be a liability. The one thing that Nelson does have is a bit of pace, something the other 2 are lacking. All opinions though
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 am

Sven wrote:

And for the record, he was injured rather than 'rested by stealth' as some woukld like to believe :roll:

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Re: Captain Sean Morrison

Postby HarriRhys22 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:20 pm

The problem is that Morrison and Flint play the same way and they cannot play together! we have to move one of them on in January and offer the other one a new contract as they are on of contract this Summer. I would prefer to keep Morrison but it depends who we can get a decent offer for in January!
HarriRhys22

Re: Captain Sean Morrison

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:43 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:The problem is that Morrison and Flint play the same way and they cannot play together! we have to move one of them on in January and offer the other one a new contract as they are on of contract this Summer. I would prefer to keep Morrison but it depends who we can get a decent offer for in January!

My thoughts exactly mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat