View On Swansea This Sunday : Considering

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:46 pm

View On Swansea This Sunday :

Swansea v Cardiff City:

Considering the poor position of both teams in the table …and their respective need - not to lose - as well as the anyway highly charged nature of this fixture ……

I believe that the result will be a draw .

I go for 1-1 ….. but it could be 0-0 .

They do have this relatively high scoring Dutchman - PIROE - and have the players who can deliver the ball to him. However , I also think that we should be able to overpower them - particularly on dead ball situations.

Their bench is weak with no one standing out as being able to make a serious impact on the game.

OPINIONS: :thumbright:
Attachments
7D34773B-AFA8-4F20-84C6-CF1CBA4B25BA.jpeg
7D34773B-AFA8-4F20-84C6-CF1CBA4B25BA.jpeg (144.88 KiB) Viewed 10015 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: View On Swansea This Sunday : Consider

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Those predicting a big win for Swansea, clearly haven't watched them when they've been on TV this season. They've been just as bad as us, just in other ways.

A draw is probably a good prediction.

The last meetings have been tight games, with only two out of the last fifteen games between us and them being settled by more than one goal.

I expect this to be another narrow game where a mistake could be the key factor.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bluebird For Life » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Given both teams are pretty poor at present I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this finish as a 0-0.
Bluebird For Life

Postby castleblue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:36 pm

From what I've seen of Swansea this season I agree they are as bad as us BUT how many Centre Backs is MM going to start with. Swansea despite high possession look toothless at times and I think need to play square pegs in square holes, starting with NG / Sang and Bagan. Also keep Sam Bowen who I thought had a decent game against Reading.

I fear MM will go with his 5 centre backs and invite them on and that will be a huge mistake. This could go either way but one thing we don't need is MM filling the team with defensive players.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby sir ninian » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:57 pm

People still going on about...
The highly charged atmosphere!
The intense rivalry!
The passion!
Obviously don't know anything about what this fixture has become.I used to be buzzing out of my skin before we played the jacks,but not anymore i'm afraid.This has become a boring fixture.and 4 hours on a coach to go 40 miles is a joke. :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:05 pm

How very dare you all!

That shower are our sworn enemy.

They are and will always be envious of our Capital City status, our glorious history, our little neighbours, and we will and should revel in these facts!!

We are shite on the pitch at the moment; but they will always be more shyter.

Our stadium is better, our kit is better, our fans are better, our city is better, our heritage is better, even the stuff we don't have is better.

If, using me as an example, our fans are sexier and prettier too

0-3.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards!!!!

Charge!
Big Hill Blue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:36 pm

We'll kick shit out of them,score early then defend for lives.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Pencoed » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:08 pm

3-0 city kick start are season Bloooooobirds
Pencoed

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:20 am

3-0, City will play attacking on the floor footy with Bacuna controlling the game with sublime passes and Flint commanding at the back Beckenbauer esque. Bacuna hat-trick running to the away support and calling us all wankers for saying he is shite.

On a reality check note.....It will either be a barnstorming welsh derby or mind numbingingly boring....Whoever wants it most wins! :ayatollah: :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:36 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:How very dare you all!

That shower are our sworn enemy.

They are and will always be envious of our Capital City status, our glorious history, our little neighbours, and we will and should revel in these facts!!

We are shite on the pitch at the moment; but they will always be more shyter.

Our stadium is better, our kit is better, our fans are better, our city is better, our heritage is better, even the stuff we don't have is better.

If, using me as an example, our fans are sexier and prettier too

0-3.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards!!!!

Charge!

We get everything, they get a leisure centre :thumbup: :ayatollah:

2 nil Bluebirds, and Russell will be under massive pressure :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D
Bluebina

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:15 am

We will concede a couple and probably score a couple from set pieces so predicting a Desmond (2-2)
Both teams be petrified of losing too.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:44 am

castleblue wrote:From what I've seen of Swansea this season I agree they are as bad as us BUT how many Centre Backs is MM going to start with. Swansea despite high possession look toothless at times and I think need to play square pegs in square holes, starting with NG / Sang and Bagan. Also keep Sam Bowen who I thought had a decent game against Reading.

I fear MM will go with his 5 centre backs and invite them on and that will be a huge mistake. This could go either way but one thing we don't need is MM filling the team with defensive players.

Gary, I so hope MM has learned his lesson. He is currently skating on thin ice from all sides, i.e. some on the (so called) Committee and some supporters
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby gwentbluebirds » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:58 am

castleblue wrote:From what I've seen of Swansea this season I agree they are as bad as us BUT how many Centre Backs is MM going to start with. Swansea despite high possession look toothless at times and I think need to play square pegs in square holes, starting with NG / Sang and Bagan. Also keep Sam Bowen who I thought had a decent game against Reading.

Exactly this. All down to selection and performance of who wants it more on the day. But I'm negative about it at mo so think 2-0 JB
gwentbluebirds

Postby nubbsy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:27 pm

sir ninian wrote:People still going on about...
The intense rivalry!
The passion!
Obviously don't know anything about what this fixture has become.I used to be buzzing out of my skin before we played the jacks,but not anymore i'm afraid.This has become a boring fixture.and 4 hours on a coach to go 40 miles is a joke. :bluebird:

This derby is practically dead. Our support at these games in recent years has been nothing short of embarrassing. It's not a fixture I look forward to anymore and I don't think a large portion of our fanbase even understands what it means.
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:13 pm

I think it will be a draw

In terms of the 'Derby' Iv always said its not a proper one cos of the distance between the two Clubs.

I think it means more to our fans who live west of Cardiff. Of course I want to beat them but I don't hate them like they seem to hate us. I find it a bit weired to be honest how much hate they have towards us, bitter as f**k.

For me a proper Derby is same city, where fans and familys are split and the fans mix daily, I probably haven't seen or spoken to a Swansea fan for years so I struggle to have any built up hate/dislike of them, maybe if we were in the same offices/streets etc and you have that regular banter then it would be different but for me now the so called 'South Wales Derby' is a fake.

The new generation by me don't know any Swansea fans and we have barely played them so they have nothing to 'hate' them for whilst down there i think they are taught to be bitter about all things Cardiff
RV Casual

Postby Danny Says » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Sunday’s game is no different in terms of points as playing say Derby or Barnsley away - it’s a relegation match. A point would be a good outcome.

Of course it’s different as it’s a local derby, and defeat would be painful especially as it’s likely to be followed by a defeat at Fulham, but for me the most important game in our season comes next Saturday at home v Boro. A defeat would be 5 (FIVE) home defeats in the spin and that would be disastrous beyond disastrous.
Danny Says

Postby cardiff 74 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:15 pm

I always believe city can win any game the Liberty is a tough place to get a result condsidering the nature of the fixture timing of the kick off we usually get drowned out down there as there support is to sides of us but all things considered if mm picks the right team and they go out with the desire and passion I’m sure we can get a winning result there we won there last season mm got it right and there where no fans there but it still was a decent result so mm has had a taste of a winning down there let’s hope he can do it in front of a sellout crowd and two thousand Cardiff there i city will win two nil
cardiff 74

Postby Escott1927 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:34 pm

Given our current form, I'd take a point now just to stop the rot. I dont think there's any coming back for mick if we lose this, regardless if we play well.

Hopefully mick doesn't lineup with 7-8 defensive outfield players. Cant see us getting anything if he does.
Escott1927

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:
The intense rivalry!
The passion!

This derby is practically dead. Our support at these games in recent years has been nothing short of embarrassing. It's not a fixture I look forward to anymore and I don't think a large portion of our fanbase even understands what it means.

It's certainly not the same as it was (from our end) nubbsy...

How it lost its sparkle (from our end) is a mix of 'new' support base, political interference and OTT policing with those excessive 'bubbles'

The idiots amongst our support can shoulder some blame, too. But either way, I agree the game has lost its way and is more meaningful to them than us; although it is a game from which a positive result will be key
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am

Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
The intense rivalry!
The passion!

How it lost its sparkle (from our end) is a mix of 'new' support base, political interference and OTT policing with those excessive 'bubbles'

The idiots amongst our support can shoulder some blame, too. But either way, I agree the game has lost its way and is more meaningful to them than us; although it is a game from which a positive result will be key

Chris, I also think the derby has lost its edge from a playing point of view.
That’s partly due to modern football where your hardly allowed to tackle but mostly, I think, the players don’t seem up for it as in years gone by.

These are usually pretty sterile games lately and I see little to no extra fight or urgency considering it’s the club and fans biggest game of the season.

Hoping McCarthy with his experience of these type of derby games can explain and get the players up for it from the first whistle.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:38 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
The intense rivalry!
The passion!

Chris, I also think the derby has lost its edge from a playing point of view.
That’s partly due to modern football where your hardly allowed to tackle but mostly, I think, the players don’t seem up for it as in years gone by.

These are usually pretty sterile games lately and I see little to no extra fight or urgency considering it’s the club and fans biggest game of the season.

Hoping McCarthy with his experience of these type of derby games can explain and get the players up for it from the first whistle.

I agree, mate. Maybe the 'local boy' links for modern players looking simpky at their pay packets is one reason but I don't sense it in a lot of supporters either

Fingers crossed on Mick, Paul and I think he will. It's a geeat opportunity for him to regain some kudos with the Bluebird faithful... :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:25 am

Sven wrote:

Gary, I so hope MM has learned his lesson. He is currently skating on thin ice from all sides, i.e. some on the (so called) Committee and some supporters

Why so called committee mate? Is it not a committee?
maccydee

Postby Danny Says » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 am

castleblue wrote:

:

That is the fear. If he thinks City can replicate last seasons win then he’ll do just that but the problem with that is we have kept just one clean sheet all season and to win we need to score which is an alien concept at present.
City looked a better team last time out playing 4-4-2 and should have won. Shouldn’t he just stick with that but play proper full backs not Brown and McGuinness, and if he’s insistent on starting with Bacuna, then play him in the centre and not inside right.
Danny Says

Return to General Chat