Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Kieffer Moore Furious ‘

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:08 pm

Kieffer Moore furious after Wales ban

Tuesday 12th October 2021

A furious Kieffer Moore was left baffled after a soft yellow card against Estonia ruled him out of next month's crunch home tie with Belarus.

The Bluebirds marksman scored the only goal of the match in Wales' 1-0 win in Talinn on Monday night, but it came at a cost.

In the second half, he went into the referee's book after grazing an Estonian defender when rising to challenge for a header.

And a baffled Moore admitted he will have to change his game if he is to stay on the good side of international referees.

“I am super-conscious every time I go for an aerial challenge and head it,” Moore said after the match.

“I just get my body there and mentally try not to do too much. It does take some getting used to.

“In internationals, referees never really give you too much leeway. It is about adapting to that.”

Moore has been a key figure in Wales' success over the last two years or so, shouldering so much of the difficult, dogged work at the top of the pitch.

It is a constant source of frustration from fans, however, that he never gets the decisions his performances warrant.

A prime example in Talinn was when it looked as though he had been hauled to the ground in the Estonian box, leaving him wiping his bloodied nose on the floor. Perplexed Wales fans, however, watched on in bewilderment as the referee gave the free-kick the other way.

The Cardiff's front man's caution in the second half was similarly harsh and, of course, a body blow to the player and supporters.

Asked what his second-half caution was for, Moore said:

KIEFFER MOORE:

“I couldn’t tell you. I put my arms by side. You would have to ask the ref.

“I know they will be having words on the side when these challenges are happening.

“It is frustrating. It is not ideal but it is down to me to adapt and not get myself in these situations.

“But I have scored goals everywhere I have been and I always have confidence in myself to replicate that.

“I put myself in good positions and there are great players around me. They get me those opportunities to score.”

Wales boss Rob Page added: “He’s prone to getting bookings, and he doesn’t get a lot of protection at times,” Page said.

“When Kieffer’s got three big centre-halves coming over the top of him, he needs a little bit of protection as well.

“You can’t jump without using your arms, and unless referees have played at any level and understand the mechanics of how you jump, it’s difficult.

“It is frustrating and I’m disappointed we haven’t got him for (Belarus) in November.”

Re: ‘ Kieffer Moore Furious ‘

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:31 pm

Well, given that Wales appear to have a 'play-off' place secured and just the pedantic to sort out, for me (as an non-international football supporter) it just means Keiffer will get some rest and train with the Bluebirds squad for those two games

The fact they are home would have helped him, but (on this occasion) every cloud has a Bluebird lining...

I understand there are big Wales supporters on here who will have a different view... :thumbright: :ayatollah: :glasses10: