‘ Kieffer Moore Suspended ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 am

Rob Page 'devastated' by Kieffer Moore suspension as Wales boss says they have two cup finals ahead

Wales battled their way to a gritty 1-0 win over Estonia in Tallinn

By Ian Mitchelmore

Wales' Kieffer Moore is treated for a bloody nose.

Rob Page says Wales have two "cup finals" ahead of them when they take on Belarus and Belgium next month.

The Red Dragons kept their hopes of finishing second in their World Cup qualifying group alive with a gritty 1-0 win over Estonia in Tallinn on Monday night.

The triumph at A. Le Coq Arena means four points from their two November fixtures in Cardiff will guarantee Wales runner-up spot in Group E.

And despite enduring a nervy second half against Estonia, Page admits the latest international camp has been a productive one given that Wales have claimed four points away from home.

"Two cup finals left, and that's how we're going to treat it," said the head coach.

"We want all of our best players available, and every player will be because they're two big games and they'll all want to be involved in that. We'll have the crowd behind us, and we can't wait.

"I think it's been a great camp for us, an excellent performance on Friday against a very good Czech Republic team, and disappointed that we didn't get the three points.

"The squad is still learning, and then to pick ourselves up, people like Aaron [Ramsey] whose not played minutes at club level and ran 12K on Friday, and play in the manner which he did and get himself in a position to do another performance like that, it's a credit to the players.

"It was never going to be an easy game for us. We had to do the not so pretty side tonight because they've proven in other fixtures that they can potentially score two in every fixture, other than in the games against us, so we knew they were going to be a constant threat.

"Sometimes you've got to win ugly, and three points are three points."

Wales' destiny remains in their own hands as far as the chase for second place in Group E is concerned.

Page's men are level with Czech Republic on 11 points, although they still boast a game in hand.

They will be without goal scorer Kieffer Moore for the clash with Belarus at Cardiff City Stadium on November 13 after he was yellow carded in the victory in Estonia.

And in a further blow, Moore had to be withdrawn during the contest in the Estonian capital after taking a whack to the face during the second half.

"Devastated that he's got the booking, but I'm pleased that he's got another goal," added Page.

"He's prone to getting bookings, and he doesn't get a lot of protection at times.

"I was frustrated first half, it took 10 or 15 minutes to get a first booking when they could have injured one of our players.

"It is frustrating, and when Kieffer's got three big centre-halves coming over the top of him, he needs a little bit of protection as well, so I'm disappointed we haven't got him for November."

Moore received treatment on the pitch after taking a knock and was later seen to in the dressing room after being replaced by Cardiff City team mate Mark Harris.

And Moore was at a loss to explain why he was cautioned during the game, particularly after being on the receiving end of a stray elbow himself.

“I put my arms by side," admitted the striker when asked about his booking.

"I remember challenging for the ball with my arms by my side, so you'll have to ask the ref I suppose.

“I am super conscious every time I go for an aerial challenge or just to get my body in, I mentally try not to do too much. It does take some getting used to.

"International referees never really give you too much leeway, it's about adapting to that and trying to find a fair ground I guess."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Kieffer Moore Suspended ‘

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:25 pm

Seems to me that the tactic these days when you know you cant outjump someone is to time your jump so you get an arm on your head and then go down holding your face. Works every time against Kieffer. Whats happening to the game? :old:
JJ1927

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:49 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Seems to me that the tactic these days when you know you cant outjump someone is to time your jump so you get an arm on your head and then go down holding your face. Works every time against Kieffer. Whats happening to the game? :old:

It's called gamesmanship! Ut he needs to try change way he goes for ball because he is getting pulled up in championship when we are in good position but ref sides against him... other thing about him his is apparent lack of strength?? He is for ever doing a dying swan dive when challenged refs see through it and give nothing.
pembroke allan

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:29 pm

I can’t see Rob Paige being devastated by Moore’s suspension.. or has he closed all the curtains, and refuses to answer the phone?
rumpo kid

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:Seems to me that the tactic these days when you know you cant outjump someone is to time your jump so you get an arm on your head and then go down holding your face. Works every time against Kieffer. Whats happening to the game? :old:

It's called gamesmanship! Ut he needs to try change way he goes for ball because he is getting pulled up in championship when we are in good position but ref sides against him... other thing about him his is apparent lack of strength?? He is for ever doing a dying swan dive when challenged refs see through it and give nothing.

It’s called doing a Grealish al.. or a bit of a puff in the old days. Roy Keane these players are not. In fact, someone like Morrison should grab Kieffer up by the ears, and put him straight. Or it’s just cheating, either way it’s feeble.
rumpo kid

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:59 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It’s called doing a Grealish al.. or a bit of a puff in the old days. Roy Keane these players are not. In fact, someone like Morrison should grab Kieffer up by the ears, and put him straight. Or it’s just cheating, either way it’s feeble.

He actually looks like hes been to the harry kane school of diving he doubles over and springs forwards then looks gobsmacked when he goesnt get free kick... at least with goulash you can laugh at his antics but Moores actions cost us possession a lot of the time ..
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat