Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Swansea City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 am

Swansea City win (11/8)
37%
Cardiff City win (2/1)
34%
Draw (11/5)
29%

Total votes : 38

Re: SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY: MATCH THREAD

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:45 am

Think go do something else game us as good a dead now? Swans just hold ball inside their own half as normal and moving ball at walking pace.....we have no answer to it as we are to far inside own half to challenge their defenders..
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:45 am

Pack is the problem and he has been for the last three managers. Brizzle had the best two or three seasons out of him and i consider them below us in the pyramid. He should have gone down to L1 not a bigger championship club.

He is too slow, overly cautious when passing and barely makes a key pass.

Joe Ralls is in the same mould. We had the best of him, but probably a L1 player nowadays.

We just need to survive and get rid of this crop of highly paid players

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 am

Sven wrote:Game gone a little flat and the Bluebirds gone back a little. We need to get Keiffer Moore involved by getting our own players in support. He's working hard but way too isolated right now :(

LATEST SCORE: SWANS 1 - 0 BLUEBIRDS
Scorer: Paterson

Sure has!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:47 am

A couple of Pack long throws see us gain a corner but it comes to nothing and the first-half closes with the Swans in front from a pretty decent Jamie Paterson goal

Goingva goal down was not in thr game plan with 5 centre backs. The Bluebirds reverted to type after that and we need a change of tack for the second half

Question is: Do we have one right now? :?:

Going to be an interesting second-half and the fidgeters will currently be at the eastern end of the M4 corridor :cry:

HALF-TIME SCORE: SWANS 1 - 0 BLUEBIRDS

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:48 am

corner not good

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 am

arri potta wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I hate watching us under Mick. We have no pace and no creativity and don’t even look like scoring. Giles after a great start to his career here he’s a slowly catching the bug from the rest of the team of underperforming too. And his miss could be very costly.

its a miss, simple, but he got there, he shot which is 100% more than the rest of the crap! can't fault him

If you’re happy with the fact he got there and missed then it shows how bad we are if you can’t fault him for missing a huge opportunity.
Last edited by Bluebird-in-Jackland on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

We have lost everything since the goal. This just proves the professionalism level at our club at the moment and that being low.

arri potta wrote:
Lengee wrote:Pack just strolling around between the scorer and the passer. Not pressing - too much space……. But a good strike tbf.

pack is shit, bacuna is the worst player at city in 10 years, ralls is well past his sell by date, brown should be playing netball the fairy, morrison and flint are slower than my gran and she's been in a box 8 years, and feel sorry for mcguinness, giles and moore, they must need counselling playing with this pile of crap

I’m with you on most of that— except I think Pack is qorse than Bacuna! Having said that, lets hope they both have great second halves :bluebird:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:50 am

What a crock of shite. Bacuna complete waste of space. Strolling around pretending to be a footballer.

KM is so isolated it’s embarrassing.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:51 am

Ryan Giles blown a fantastic chance to make his name in the game. :cry:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:51 am

Players woke up seen the bs formation again and thought cant be arsed.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:52 am

Other than Giles chance we have been dreadful. Set up to lose this game before kick off. Just like against what. Dinosaur of a manager...bacuna starting just shows mick is clueless

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:54 am

It’s not only Bacuna it’s Pack and Ralls. Most lame central midfield I’ve ever seen.
McCarthy is clueless and deluded, he’s ruining our club.
A painful watch.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:57 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
arri potta wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I hate watching us under Mick. We have no pace and no creativity and don’t even look like scoring. Giles after a great start to his career here he’s a slowly catching the bug from the rest of the team of underperforming too. And his miss could be very costly.

its a miss, simple, but he got there, he shot which is 100% more than the rest of the crap! can't fault him

If you’re happy with the fact he got there and missed then it shows how bad we are if you can’t fault him for missing a huge opportunity.

salah and mane missed open goals yesterday, it happens. the point is how can you have a go at someone who tries, something you cant say about 7 others!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:59 am

We could go on to win this game 2-1 but id still want mick gone. His football is f*cking terrible. People can criticise the way Swansea play but I'd happily see us play like them. They will probably control the game now and just stop us having the ball. And we will just pump it long on the rare occasion we have the ball. Its not the way to play football.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:59 am

The Jacks had 78% possession in that half, possession doesn’t win matches but if we haven’t got the ball we can’t score. Poor tactics again but the players need to take responsibility as it’s the same tactics as last season

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:02 pm

arri potta wrote:
arri potta wrote:

salah and mane missed open goals yesterday, it happens. the point is how can you have a go at someone who tries, something you cant say about 7 others!!

I agree to an extent, just got to say poor crossing and finishing doesn't constitute playing well first half. 45 to go :ayatollah:

arri potta wrote:

Unfortunately he's left footed so he waited until ball got to his left foot which meant it went straight "at keeper" if used right foot he scores as take ball away from keeper..... but either way he should be scoring that close to goal... not sure how we rectify things as got little options on bench to change way we play?

Not meaning to add to the constant (and mostly deserved) criticism of Bacuna but he literally let Paterson trot in front of him for the goal. I always said if he has to play then stick him in CM as thats apparently his preferred position....well if it is then he is just an awful player all round as he is inept no mattet where he plays. Swansea are a poor team that has a lot of possession, we are not out of this game but Bacuna needs to be taken off asap.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:03 pm

arri potta wrote:
arri potta wrote:

I haven’t said anyone else wasn’t poor. But he missed a huge chance and his deliveries have been awful too. The reason I picked him out was because at the moment his glaring miss is the biggest difference in the game so far.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:05 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:Not meaning to add to the constant (and mostly deserved) criticism of Bacuna but he literally let Paterson trot in front of him for the goal. I always said if he has to play then stick him in CM as thats apparently his preferred position....well if it is then he is just an awful player all round as he is inept no mattet where he plays. Swansea are a poor team that has a lot of possession, we are not out of this game but Bacuna needs to be taken off asap.

78% possession 2 shots on target scores outside box with one shot..
Another game without scoring 1st half for us! :o

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:07 pm

On the positive side, we have had chances but we are woefully wasteful with shots and passing. Pack in particular on the latter, as he consistently puts silly balls into spaces covered by the Swans defence

We are not out of this game yet but we need our players to fight for every single ball and not amble or leave it in the hope others will cover

I'm a big fan of his but Sean Morrison was guilty of that before the goal and others have been equally culpable in other areas

Giles giving it a go, Flint going mental with Nelson and others and Keiffer Moore (we need to make the most of him, as he would be at Wolves right now had City not been so desperate to get all the money up front rather than in stages) might as well be on a different pitch for all the support he's getting so far

Personally, give it a few minutes and get Mark Harris on rather than Collins

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:10 pm

we look lost where are the subs

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:we look lost where are the subs

Mid Atlantic by the looks, Rog... ;) :lol:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:13 pm

A chance for the Bluebirds, as they gain a corner from which Nelson heads the ball overvrather than glances it in

Poor defending from the Swans gives us hope...

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:we look lost where are the subs

Mid Atlantic by the looks, Rog... ;) :lol:

:lol:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:14 pm

There is absolutely nothing out there for Cardiff no desire, no urgency, no fight, no skill and worst of all no passion. This must be the end for MM

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm

our best attacks been with headers in the past now we are putting them way over the bar

Dour Mick must go. Take Bacuna, Pack and Morrison with you.

They are all getting in each others way, we have totally lost shape