Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Swansea City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 am

Swansea City win (11/8)
37%
Cardiff City win (2/1)
34%
Draw (11/5)
29%

Total votes : 38

Re: SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY: MATCH THREAD

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:This could be 4 or 5 like last time played 5 at the back.

That would surely be the end of his time wouldn’t it?

Neil, the one area I will defend the manager on is the squad he has had inflicted on him this season

The tactics and formation, albeit to his perceived strengths, are his responsibilty alone

Bacuna now going off (enforced) but looking too late to make a difference :(

I agree about the squad and hopefully people will wake up and see who is responsible for this. That being Tan for those still with their heads in the sand.

Even so this is awful as surely our squad is better than this.

Fucks sake Ian everything isn’t Tan’s fault. If that’s the case he gets the credit for our two promotions then. But you won’t give that will you?

Did Tan make MM pick 5 centre backs today?
Did Tan make MM pick Bacuna who was as ineffective as always?
Did Tan make MM ignore Ng (even at LWB) vs a left sided CB (Brown) with poor distribution skills?
Did Tan make MM get rid of Murphy and Whyte with no replacements?
Does Tan train and set up this team?

Tan subsidises the club and keeps us afloat.

Dreadful tactical decisions today. I still stand by my comments that Morrison should not be the nailed one name on the team sheet that he seems to be.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
stentona wrote:Next home game should be a opportunuty to protest against the INCOMPETENCY of Tan and Dalman.

#Give us our club back

Thats a great help considering the financial situation in football at moment..... you fail to mention the person who picks team and tactics ... :banghead:

MM going is a given. But our club will still be a ship listing from one crisis to another unless we have a chairman who gives a sh#t and employs the right people. It goes deeper than the management. As for the finances I'd be happy to go into admin and start again. Tan has fkn ruined the club.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:49 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil, the one area I will defend the manager on is the squad he has had inflicted on him this season

The tactics and formation, albeit to his perceived strengths, are his responsibilty alone

I agree about the squad and hopefully people will wake up and see who is responsible for this. That being Tan for those still with their heads in the sand.

Fucks sake Ian everything isn’t Tan’s fault. If that’s the case he gets the credit for our two promotions then. But you won’t give that will you?

Did Tan make MM ignore Ng (even at LWB) vs a left sided CB (Brown) with poor distribution skills?

Tans biggest mistake is keeping mick for so long but surely that will change later today .. :thumbup:

Re: TEAM NEWS: " SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:5 centre halves with Bacuna in midfield….. :banghead:

You could have put your house on that selection.

My thoughts,as well. What a total shambles

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Sven wrote:

Bacuna now going off (enforced) with James Collins coming on but looking too late to make a difference :(

Inflicted?

He let Whyte and Murphy go when that’s an area we are crying out for players.

Watched Whyte yesterday for Oxford. Constantly in good positions impacting the game positively. Against top of the league Plymouth too.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:51 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

There is no way in a million years would i have trusted MM with any funds. We will be stuck with Collins for another three years !!!!!!!!

The only reason I can blame Tan is for giving Mick the new contract. We have to get rid of all of warnocks relegation transfers to get the club back on an even keel. Hopefully we can get a caretaker to keep us in the league.

stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
stentona wrote:Next home game should be a opportunuty to protest against the INCOMPETENCY of Tan and Dalman.

#Give us our club back

Thats a great help considering the financial situation in football at moment..... you fail to mention the person who picks team and tactics ... :banghead:

MM going is a given. But our club will still be a ship listing from one crisis to another unless we have a chairman who gives a sh#t and employs the right people. It goes deeper than the management. As for the finances I'd be happy to go into admin and start again. Tan has fkn ruined the club.

Dont be stupid relegation and then what automatically come back up? Ask Sunderland Portsmouth how simple it is to get promotion from 1st division? And you want that... :laughing6: :laughing6:

stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

Before Tan we were like Derby. Not admin probably liquidation. That was a matter of court record.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Dave Jones needs a job :roll:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Dont be stupid relegation and then what automatically come back up? Ask Sunderland Portsmouth how simple it is to get promotion from 1st division? And you want that... :laughing6: :laughing6:

Yep. You know the song. I'll be there ...

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:54 pm

[quote="maccydee"]

Tan subsidises the club and keeps us afloat.[/quote}

Tan has forced this squad on MM who was in turn foolish to take on the mission. Tan insisted on using the fringe players to cut costs without considering the circumstances which we find ourselves in now. We will be lucky to avoid relegation.

As for your favourite argument that he subsidies the club, well after all this time you would have thought he would have overcome that. Besides its his own fault as he has been offered a good offer to get out, ask Dalman about that.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Missed chances again very costly but we’ve totally disintegrated again. Not making changes at 2-0 immediately to try and get back in it is criminal management. 5 centre backs at 2-0! Against our biggest rivals. Collins only came on due to injury. Colwill comes in at 3-0. Appalling and humiliating. Mick had to go today. Otherwise relegation is calling.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Tan has forced this squad on MM who was in turn foolish to take on the mission. Tan insisted on using the fringe players to cut costs without considering the circumstances which we find ourselves in now. We will be lucky to avoid relegation.

As for your favourite argument that he subsidies the club, well after all this time you would have thought he would have overcome that. Besides its his own fault as he has been offered a good offer to get out, ask Dalman about that.

I hope he takes the offer from Sam.

What will you moan about then?

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

[quote="maccydee"]

.[/quote}

Missed this comment.

We were primed for promotion when Tan came in. Anyone willing to invest would have got us there.

As for the second promoting it became obvious then Tan had no intention keeping us there. Now we are going to pay the price for that.

Of course its Tan fault. He is the owner and should take responsibility. He has forced this situation and should again take ownership of it. We are going nowhere with this owner.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

If what I hear about Sam is true then I hope he does come in.

As for moaning I will pipe up if things don't get better yes just like anyone else.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:03 pm

maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

Before Tan we were like Derby. Not admin probably liquidation. That was a matter of court record.

All you got to do is not pay HMRC to get winding up orders. Not paying doesn't mean you cannot afford

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

.[/quote}

Missed this comment.

We were primed for promotion when Tan came in. Anyone willing to invest would have got us there.

As for the second promoting it became obvious then Tan had no intention keeping us there. Now we are going to pay the price for that.

Of course its Tan fault. He is the owner and should take responsibility. He has forced this situation and should again take ownership of it. We are going nowhere with this owner.

What rubbish. Tan has to take responsibility for giving McCarthy the job and to a lesser extent not giving money to invest.

However, he can’t take responsibility for McCarthy picking poor teams over and over again.

This squad is good enough to be top half but he is incapable of picking a balanced team.

Enough is enough, McCarthy has to go.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 pm

ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

All you got to do is not pay HMRC to get winding up orders. Not paying doesn't mean you cannot afford

Take the Swansea route? :o :shock:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Poor game and result for the Bluebirds, who pretty much got what they deserved :(

FINAL SCORE: SWANS 3 - 0 BLUEBIRDS

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:09 pm

ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

We could have quite easily paid off the tax bill. Yes we would have had a fire sale of our players and ended up with a squad that we have now. Due to our position in the league we would have probably avoided relegation that season. However we were pushing for promotion and for Tan it would have been a cheap option to take us on for the riches of the Premier. Sadly Dave Jones and gang screwed it up leaving Tan with egg on his face.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:10 pm

Sven wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

Take the Swansea route? :o :shock:

Could of been many reasons why inland revenue wasn't paid with not being able to afford one of many. :laughing6: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:10 pm

ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

What’s your point?

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:12 pm

maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

What’s your point?

My point is you cannot with 100% assurance know Cardiff City couldn't afford to pay HMRC when they were looking for a sugar daddy lol

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

We could have quite easily paid off the tax bill. Yes we would have had a fire sale of our players and ended up with a squad that we have now. Due to our position in the league we would have probably avoided relegation that season. However we were pushing for promotion and for Tan it would have been a cheap option to take us on for the riches of the Premier. Sadly Dave Jones and gang screwed it up leaving Tan with egg on his face.

If we had any players we could have sold to cover the bill we would have. That was also read in court. We hoped and expected to sell Matthews but his form dropped off a cliff.

We had very little saleable assets.

When it suits it is said that we started the next season with about 6 players. Remember when it is said why Malky was so amazing.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:14 pm

ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

What’s your point?

My point is you cannot with 100% assurance know Cardiff City couldn't afford to pay HMRC when they were looking for a sugar daddy lol

Yes I can.

We have these things called accounts. They show the actual accounts of the club. Also a matter of court record. There was no money incoming to pay the bills. Ridsdale had mortgaged the next years money. He was constantly doing that. Did it at leeds and it cost him there too.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:27 pm

maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

What’s your point?

Yes I can.

We have these things called accounts. They show the actual accounts of the club. Also a matter of court record. There was no money incoming to pay the bills. Ridsdale had mortgaged the next years money. He was constantly doing that. Did it at leeds and it cost him there too.

It was convenient than the new ownership had leverage over the fans when announcing a rebrand of the club due to the 'saviour' aspect of the purchase.

Howrver, you have made a strong case to suggest the cash flow issue to have been genuine. Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist or too much of something :laughing6:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

Exactly, I though we had a few saleable player assets at the time. I agree there was a big gamble on promotion that year. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:35 pm

ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

What’s your point?

Yes I can.

It was convenient than the new ownership had leverage over the fans when announcing a rebrand of the club due to the 'saviour' aspect of the purchase.

Howrver, you have made a strong case to suggest the cash flow issue to have been genuine. Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist or too much of something :laughing6:

They saved the club then had a season of success. Play offs and an EFL final. Albeit we were miles off in the play offs. They had supported us quite solidly that season with a large budget and a new manager who it was hoped was young and progressive and could install a blueprint of sorts on the club.

The following season the rebrand was brought up and the promises of large investment were made (and followed through on).

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:41 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stentona wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

#Give us our club back

Admin and start again?

What planet are you on?

Exactly, I though we had a few saleable player assets at the time. I agree there was a big gamble on promotion that year. :thumbup:

Whitts
McNaughton
Marshall

Probably all we had. Teams knew we were desperate too. Certainly wouldn’t cover a multi million tax bill with those three. We couldn’t afford rest of a transfer fee to Motherwell for Quinn either.

Others players had little sell on value.

Bothroyd coming out of contract. Chopra was spent by then.

Rest was loans and ageing players.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

If what I hear about Sam is true then I hope he does come in.

As for moaning I will pipe up if things don't get better yes just like anyone else.

Just hope he doesn’t expect it on the cheap and he will use his actual money this time rather than a loan which is paid out of a significant wage he paid himself from the club.

The debt on the books is owed to Tan (or subsidiaries) and I’m sure he expects this to be significantly covered in any purchase. Something tells me the valuations will be vastly different.

However can’t deny that Sam would bring some passion back and if the money is really there it could be quite good for the club.