I don't know why Newcastle bother...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Barclay1 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:39 pm

I mean, there were those on here suggesting That it didn't matter 'How rich Hammam was' he couldn't spend his riches on us because of FFP.

Has anyone on here mentioned that to Newcastle's new owners?

Fair play like, if it's gonna be good enough for them...
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I don't know why Newcastle bother...

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:52 pm

FFP exists to make sure that the 'big' clubs stay big and no one can muscle in on them. It's a ridiculous rule if you look closer. Why can't I buy a club and spend money on it?! Look st how they all went after Man City. Newcastle are next.
I kind of hope they go on a spree and tear up the rule book.
jimmy_rat

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:25 am

FFP at premier league level is entirely different to championship level.

Only way to go would be to throw money at it and hope it took us up. The risk is that it would cost us points if it didn’t work.

There are ways around it. Sponsorship is on way. You might find St James’ Park is named after a subsidiary or business partner of the Saudi Govt soon. Say WWE (who have a partnership with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) pay £300 million to sponsor the stadium then the Saudi Royals pay WWE £500 million for the current £200 million partnership where WWE takes the blood money to do shows over there.

Question is. Would we be happy with Saudi owners with the human rights record of that country?
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:32 pm

maccydee wrote:FFP at premier league level is entirely different to championship level.

Only way to go would be to throw money at it and hope it took us up. The risk is that it would cost us points if it didn’t work.

There are ways around it. Sponsorship is on way. You might find St James’ Park is named after a subsidiary or business partner of the Saudi Govt soon. Say WWE (who have a partnership with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) pay £300 million to sponsor the stadium then the Saudi Royals pay WWE £500 million for the current £200 million partnership where WWE takes the blood money to do shows over there.

Question is. Would we be happy with Saudi owners with the human rights record of that country?

Can only get what is commercially acceptable amount for sponsorship.. if they pay say 400m but you would only expect to pay 300m for naming rights it will be blocked by UEFA man c tried that trick and failed ... but big clubs seem to get away with murder in respect of ffp this is why top 6 clubs tried to stop take over didnt want a rich club muscling in on their parade.
pembroke allan

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:FFP at premier league level is entirely different to championship level.

Can only get what is commercially acceptable amount for sponsorship.. if they pay say 400m but you would only expect to pay 300m for naming rights it will be blocked by UEFA man c tried that trick and failed ... but big clubs seem to get away with murder in respect of ffp this is why top 6 clubs tried to stop take over didnt want a rich club muscling in on their parade.

Who is to say what is commercially acceptable? Man City owners made the mistake of attempting to sponsor their own stadium. External is the way to go.
maccydee

Return to General Chat