' Robert Page on Will Vaulks selection '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:12 am

Robert Page has revealed he has called up Will Vaulks to the Wales squad due to the "physicality" of the upcoming fixtures.

The Cardiff City midfielder had been playing some of his best football earlier this year when he was omitted from the national team's squad, a decision which left him extremely disappointed.

He finished the campaign strongly, too, but did not receive a call-up to go to the Euros.

He has, however, been called up to the squad for the upcoming fixtures against Czech Republic and Estonia in the coming week, despite looking out of form for the Bluebirds so far this season.

It will be a welcome reprieve for Vaulks, though, no doubt, as he adores playing for Wales whenever he is afforded the opportunity.

And the Wales boss hinted that the style of play implemented during previous international breaks might not have suited Vaulks' game, but he could have a role to play during these next two World Cup qualifiers.

"It's difficult, when you've got to pick a group of players to go to a tournament environment, that's the hardest thing, disappointing players," said Page.

"There were others that we took away to Portugal [training camp] that we had to disappoint after. It's all part and parcel of international football.

"There was a way we played in previous games that got us success, so if you have got a winning formula, you don't change it.

"So unfortunately, he saw himself out of the squad while we were winning games and doing well.

"At this moment in time, with the physicality of the next couple of games, I think that will add something to group, hence why I've now called him back into the group."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Robert Page on Will Vaulks selection '

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:30 pm

Page says "There was a way we played in previous games that got us success, so if you have got a winning formula, you don't change it."

But you need a plan B and i dont think we had one in the Euros. Because of Covid we were able to take 26 players giving more scope to have a plan B. And Vaulkes was playing well at the time.
JJ1927

Return to General Chat