Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BAMBA SAYS:"I HAD IT IN MY CARDIFF CONTRACT / NOT A WORD

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:58 pm

The bigger issue (for me) is the way it was done after the service he gave us...

Preferred him to stay but club's prerogative to let him go; but have the respect and courage to tell the man face to face...

Sol Bamba a City legend for me and he'll get a warm welcome from me in two games time... :clap: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Sven wrote:The bigger issue (for me) is the way it was done after the service he gave us...

Preferred him to stay but club's prerogative to let him go; but have the respect and courage to tell the man face to face...

Sol Bamba a City legend for me and he'll get a warm welcome from me in two games time... :clap: :ayatollah:

Whitt’s was treated very similar by the club and Warnock! Nothing new really except Bamba bleating on about it all the time. Legend compared to Whitt’s? No where near it I’m afraid about time he just got on with it and stopped this tirade against the club. For someone who supposedly loved the City he sure disappeared quickly when Whitt’s continued to live in the area. Bamba a legend your having a laugh.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:13 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:The bigger issue (for me) is the way it was done after the service he gave us...

Whitt’s was treated very similar by the club and Warnock! Nothing new really except Bamba bleating on about it all the time. Legend compared to Whitt’s? No where near it I’m afraid about time he just got on with it and stopped this tirade against the club. For someone who supposedly loved the City he sure disappeared quickly when Whitt’s continued to live in the area. Bamba a legend your having a laugh.

I respect your opinion, Karl; but for me, Bamba played a big part whilst here and as a former centre-half, I appreciate that and loved his whole-hearted performances; so for me, legend :thumbright:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:06 am

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Blue78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

Think Pete Green is being a bit dramatic there - nothing but misery for fans since Tan took over? Apart from that being nonsense, I’m pretty sure that a large % if not the majority of fans wouldn’t agree with that.

Another opportunity to try and stick the knife into the club - the truth will be somewhere in the middle, but there would be people up in arms on here if we were giving him another expensive contract and he wasn’t playing. And I’m someone who would have loved Sol to stay.

Seem to remember Kav being shipped off by a previous owner without much say in it and he was mid contract. He also stated he was hugely upset, wanted to retire at the club had planned to be a coach here one day so I assume Sam will get the same amount of stick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 320071.stm

https://viewfromtheninian.com/2018/06/1 ... ity-reign/

:lol:

Yes wez got up laugh when they try to slag off one owner when their own pet does precisely the samething ? :laughing6:

Their Allan that’s what Kav thinks of Sam, last night I asked him.
You would not get of the players nowadays praising this board after they have left.

So read this and how about some honesty and respect back instead of constant snipes.

Kav: "Annis how are you pal, long time since we have interacted but I hope you’re well pal. Yes I got on great with Sam as did all the players. Sam made everyone feel inclusive ans that meant even the players that weren’t playing were all pulling in the same direction. Hard to make that happen without a talented group but Sam knew what he was doing and in my opinion was a very clever and shrewd man. Hope that’s a good enough answer pal and I hope you and your family are all healthy and happy?" :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:14 am

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:15 am

Replies FB:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:15 am

Replies FB:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:56 am

This thread going the same way as all the threads seem to go recently
, player bashes the club , the anti club members jump on the band wagon then it becomes a Tan v Sam topic ,for that I out of it .last word sols latest interview doesn't stack up and he should just keep his mouth shut ,he's at another club now and concentrate on that club .he's digging himself a hole now and in my opinion tarnishing his career with us which on the pitch he gave 100% but lwts face it he's too old and past it now and the club were right to let him go and basically replace him with mcguiness.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:08 am

Thats what a couple as usual do not see, Chris, Sol was given NO respect and to not even hear from anyone direct for me is pitiful.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am

Reply FB:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:06 am

If Sol, is lying then 100% Tan will sue him, so we shall see

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:17 am

Playing the game of who would you invite for dinner, how many would invite Dalman or Choo over Sol Bamba?

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:26 am

Replies FB:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:16 pm

I dont think this is 100% the way it was tbf, loved sol, and wanted him to stay and take up a coaching role here, but he CLEARLY wanted to play another season, on no doubt the same high wage he was on, when it was clear he wasnt in the plans of manager on that score, so I think the club were right in letting him go, as for warnock chipping in? No surprises there imo, another with an axe to grind! I agree tho, it would have been clear to sol and his agent that no playing contract was being offered? And he wanted another season at least of playing.all these quotes from the same people off fb, are the same ones who want tan gone, and a certain other person to take over imho?? The same one still taking us to court???? Costing the club we ALL love money we dont seem to have.but hey ho. Its sam.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:36 pm

bluesince62 wrote:I dont think this is 100% the way it was tbf, loved sol, and wanted him to stay and take up a coaching role here, but he CLEARLY wanted to play another season, on no doubt the same high wage he was on, when it was clear he wasnt in the plans of manager on that score, so I think the club were right in letting him go, as for warnock chipping in? No surprises there imo, another with an axe to grind! I agree tho, it would have been clear to sol and his agent that no playing contract was being offered? And he wanted another season at least of playing.all these quotes from the same people off fb, are the same ones who want tan gone, and a certain other person to take over imho?? The same one still taking us to court???? Costing the club we ALL love money we dont seem to have.but hey ho. Its sam.

I dont get the love in for him? He made the club a circus with his antics ( like Wimbledon) and apart from rejuvenating some fans all hes done is loaned club money from a dodgy source and take club to court but like you say buts sam so it's ok..... this thread is another excuse to bash club with a story that doesn't stand up to scrutiny when its looked at in a logical way...
:roll:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Blue78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

Think Pete Green is being a bit dramatic there - nothing but misery for fans since Tan took over? Apart from that being nonsense, I’m pretty sure that a large % if not the majority of fans wouldn’t agree with that.

Another opportunity to try and stick the knife into the club - the truth will be somewhere in the middle, but there would be people up in arms on here if we were giving him another expensive contract and he wasn’t playing. And I’m someone who would have loved Sol to stay.

Seem to remember Kav being shipped off by a previous owner without much say in it and he was mid contract. He also stated he was hugely upset, wanted to retire at the club had planned to be a coach here one day so I assume Sam will get the same amount of stick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 320071.stm

https://viewfromtheninian.com/2018/06/1 ... ity-reign/

:lol:

Yes wez got up laugh when they try to slag off one owner when their own pet does precisely the samething ? :laughing6:

Their Allan that’s what Kav thinks of Sam, last night I asked him.
You would not get of the players nowadays praising this board after they have left.

So read this and how about some honesty and respect back instead of constant snipes.

Kav: "Annis how are you pal, long time since we have interacted but I hope you’re well pal. Yes I got on great with Sam as did all the players. Sam made everyone feel inclusive ans that meant even the players that weren’t playing were all pulling in the same direction. Hard to make that happen without a talented group but Sam knew what he was doing and in my opinion was a very clever and shrewd man. Hope that’s a good enough answer pal and I hope you and your family are all healthy and happy?" :thumbright: :thumbright:

Plenty of players would have the opposite view of Hammam it just depended if he liked you or not.

I’m sure Gareth Whaley had a different view. But hey, why let balance or facts get in the way of a chance to give Tan a kicking !!??

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Or maybe a few more, just for balance !!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/cardiff-pl ... ow-7450154

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Thats what a couple as usual do not see, Chris, Sol was given NO respect and to not even hear from anyone direct for me is pitiful.

Annis, I've read all the posts above and it really does seem to have degenerated into a Sam v Tan thread again; but the response to you from the legend that is 'Kav' says all that needs to be said on that particular topic (Kev's release) which upset the majority at that time) but the club at that time had little or no choice as we found out soon after

Sol's situation is simply about the human element of being informed and having it explained to him in the right manner after 'promises' had been made (and publicly stated)

It's the least anyone ever deserves and is far far better than the (modern) cowardly way of the text... :evil:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:07 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I've read all the posts above and it really does seem to have degenerated into a Sam v Tan thread again; but the response to you from the legend that is 'Kav' says all that needs to be said on that particular topic (Kev's release) which upset the majority at that time) but the club at that time had little or no choice as we found out soon after

Sol's situation is simply about the human element of being informed and having it explained to him in the right manner after 'promises' had been made (and publicly stated)

It's the least anyone ever deserves and is far far better than the (modern) cowardly way of the text... :evil:

So we’re ignoring how Hammam treating his players when he was owner ?

It was the anti-Tan people who raised the Hammam treated everyone brilliantly argument but none of them seem to acknowledge the issues he had with any number of players as mentioned above.

If you want to creep around certain posters crack on, meantime some of us will continue to point out bias where we see it.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:51 pm

Move on Sol ffs, our club supported you through your cancer battle whilst Cardiff supporters in the same position as you had f**k all and not a pot to piss in.

You decided to play on and left and have signed for Middlesbrough, what exactly is the problem ffs.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:55 pm

RV Casual wrote:Move on Sol ffs, our club supported you through your cancer battle whilst Cardiff supporters in the same position as you had f**k all and not a pot to piss in.

You decided to play on and left and have signed for Middlesbrough, what exactly is the problem ffs.

Thats how I see it .

Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:08 pm

wez1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Move on Sol ffs, our club supported you through your cancer battle whilst Cardiff supporters in the same position as you had f**k all and not a pot to piss in.

Thats how I see it .

Its very sad mate, I loved Sol but I'm getting seriously pissed off now starting to dislike him, I only hope its media shit and not coming from him.

The stuff that's being said is massively disrespectful to Cardiff fans and even more so to Cardiff fans who have had cancer with no support from their employers or had the luxury of the money that footballers are on.

I worked for St Davids Hospice for a while which was heartbreaking, Sol moaning does not sit well with me.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:03 am

RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thats how I see it .

Its very sad mate, I loved Sol but I'm getting seriously pissed off now starting to dislike him, I only hope its media shit and not coming from him.

The stuff that's being said is massively disrespectful to Cardiff fans and even more so to Cardiff fans who have had cancer with no support from their employers or had the luxury of the money that footballers are on.

I worked for St Davids Hospice for a while which was heartbreaking, Sol moaning does not sit well with me.

Whilst I will never deny the part he played for us, the "promise" was a coaching role, if he decided to hang up his boots??, he decided he would like another season at least playing, and that was HIS perogative, as he stated he wanted to finish on IS terms, ie, on the pitch, and not defeated by his cancer?? Totally understandable and admirable in my opinion, but the club hasn't broken this "promise" as he wanted a playing contract for another season, he don't get it as that wasn't agreed, he decided to go to Middlesbrough to fulfill HIS wish of playing.

On a much bigger picture, the club stood by him 100% throughout his battle, that is a fact, paying him IN FULL whilst off sick, and all the while, at a hospice where I volunteer, has people passing, without funeral cover!! I cannot Stand people who make millions, at a job they love, bitching on how they have been treated etc, and in saying that, this includes Sol.
I've met people who have spent 20+yrs, working, and are lucky if they get a get well card and a bunch of f#cking flowers from their employer /s Sol needs a bit of humility, regards the situation some folk find themselves in when diagnosed with cancer!! MONEY WORRIES, are the number 1 concern of a lot of people, they either rely on charities, or the benefit system

Lastly, I know I said I wouldn't knock him personally, but after thinking about it, I'm very dissapointed in him doing this ( if he has 100%?) One testament from at the time one of our "top earners" in graham Kavanagh to how the players got o with Sam, isn't enough, especially when being on friends terms with one of the peole who want sams return?? Let's hear from other former players, and what their thoughts were on Sam?
If the club failed, it was in their communication, not their loyalty. :old: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 am

bluesince62 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thats how I see it .

Whilst I will never deny the part he played for us, the "promise" was a coaching role, if he decided to hang up his boots??, he decided he would like another season at least playing, and that was HIS perogative, as he stated he wanted to finish on IS terms, ie, on the pitch, and not defeated by his cancer?? Totally understandable and admirable in my opinion, but the club hasn't broken this "promise" as he wanted a playing contract for another season, he don't get it as that wasn't agreed, he decided to go to Middlesbrough to fulfill HIS wish of playing.

On a much bigger picture, the club stood by him 100% throughout his battle, that is a fact, paying him IN FULL whilst off sick, and all the while, at a hospice where I volunteer, has people passing, without funeral cover!! I cannot Stand people who make millions, at a job they love, bitching on how they have been treated etc, and in saying that, this includes Sol.
I've met people who have spent 20+yrs, working, and are lucky if they get a get well card and a bunch of f#cking flowers from their employer /s Sol needs a bit of humility, regards the situation some folk find themselves in when diagnosed with cancer!! MONEY WORRIES, are the number 1 concern of a lot of people, they either rely on charities, or the benefit system

Lastly, I know I said I wouldn't knock him personally, but after thinking about it, I'm very dissapointed in him doing this ( if he has 100%?) One testament from at the time one of our "top earners" in graham Kavanagh to how the players got o with Sam, isn't enough, especially when being on friends terms with one of the peole who want sams return?? Let's hear from other former players, and what their thoughts were on Sam?
If the club failed, it was in their communication, not their loyalty. :old: :bluebird:

Spot on, and echoes my feelings now about Sol and some of the anti-club comments on here !

To roll-out Kav as an example of how Hammam treated players is like Barcelona rolling out Messi to show how well they treat theirs!!!!!!

Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:18 am

piledriver64 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thats how I see it .

Spot on, and echoes my feelings now about Sol and some of the anti-club comments on here !

To roll-out Kav as an example of how Hammam treated players is like Barcelona rolling out Messi to show how well they treat theirs!!!!!!

It’s not Anti club comments , as you very well know it’s Anti board or Committee comments because for me and many others they are not doing a good job and never have been.

That was only put on here because one idiot put in here saying Kav was treated badly by Sam Hammam, so I immediately asked Kav and he gave his honest reply . You would probably not be moaning if he had been against Sam :| :roll:

Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:14 am

RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thats how I see it .

Hes tarnished his time here by going to tbe media on this in previous interviews hes praised the club for staying by him during his treatment he can't have it both ways .this latest interview doesn't stack up .

Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thats how I see it .

It’s not Anti club comments , as you very well know it’s Anti board or Committee comments because for me and many others they are not doing a good job and never have been.

That was only put on here because one idiot put in here saying Kav was treated badly by Sam Hammam, so I immediately asked Kav and he gave his honest reply . You would probably not be moaning if he had been against Sam :| :roll:
let's face it annis with every owner we've had for years sam Ridsdale, Rick Wright,Tan ,there will be players that will say they were treated great and some that will say they've been treated bad.you and my as businessmen employing people over the years know this .

Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thats how I see it .

So are you really saying that the club, under Hammam, didn’t upset any players ?

If you are then I suggest you read the article I provided a link for to remind yourself.

You’re quite entitled to any view you like but don’t re-write or gloss over the bits that don’t help your argument. That’s not the way to convince anyone who does their own research.

That’s why the Kav comments are pretty pointless in the scheme of things !

Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:49 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thats how I see it .

So are you really saying that the club, under Hammam, didn’t upset any players ?

If you are then I suggest you read the article I provided a link for to remind yourself.

You’re quite entitled to any view you like but don’t re-write or gloss over the bits that don’t help your argument. That’s not the way to convince anyone who does their own research.

That’s why the Kav comments are pretty pointless in the scheme of things !

I can say this Sam was the most liked Chairman by any group of Cardiff City players we have ever had a d that’s a fact and I can tell you that from first hand being their and knowing them all.

So not glossy over.

But you need to know facts not what you want to pretend to think you know.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:55 pm

Why don’t we all just wait and see if Tan / Dalman sue Sol Bamba if it’s all lies.