" Saudi takeover of Newcastle United confirmed "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:45 am

An investment group led by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), and also comprising PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media (the “Investment Group”), has completed the acquisition of 100% of Newcastle United Limited and Newcastle United Football Club Limited (“Newcastle United” or the “Club”) from St. James Holdings Limited.

All requisite approvals have been obtained from the English Premier League and the acquisition was completed on 7 October 2021.

The Investment Group is comprised of long-term, patient investors who have every confidence in the future success of the Club. Today’s announcement is the conclusion of a thorough and detailed process that has allowed the Investment Group to arrive at a deal that benefits all stakeholders and will leave Newcastle United well-placed to pursue a clear, long-term strategy.

His Excellency Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Governor of PIF, will serve as Non-Executive Chairman of Newcastle United. Amanda Staveley, chief executive of PCP Capital Partners, will have one seat on the board. Jamie Reuben will also be a director of the Club, representing RB Sports & Media.

For PIF, one of the world’s most impactful investors, the acquisition is in line with its strategy of focusing on key sectors including Sports and Entertainment, and aligns with PIF’s mission to actively invest over the long term – in this case, to harness the Club’s potential and build upon the Club’s legacy.

Commenting on the agreement, His Excellency Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Governor of PIF, said: "We are extremely proud to become the new owners of Newcastle United, one of the most famous clubs in English football.

"We thank the Newcastle fans for their tremendously loyal support over the years and we are excited to work together with them."

Amanda Staveley, Chief Executive Officer of PCP Capital Partners, said: "This is a long-term investment. We are excited about the future prospects for Newcastle United.

"We intend to instill a united philosophy across the Club, establish a clear purpose, and help provide leadership that will allow Newcastle United to go on to big achievements over the long term.

"Our ambition is aligned with the fans – to create a consistently successful team that’s regularly competing for major trophies and generates pride across the globe."

Jamie Reuben of RB Sports & Media, said: "We look forward to a great future for Newcastle United. Newcastle is a fantastic city, which is why our family has been investing heavily in the area for many years. To become part of this great Club and its amazing fans is a privilege.

"We will build a true community Club, based upon our family’s knowledge of the city and in line with our plans that have been worked on closely with Newcastle City Council to deliver long-term sustainable growth for the area."

The directors of the Investment Group thank Mike Ashley for his commitment to the sale process. We would also like to thank the Premier League for its contribution in the regulatory process, which has helped lead to completion of this deal.

Sky Sports

All parties are hopeful an announcement can be made today confirming the takeover of Newcastle United.

Sky Sports News has been told the Saudi-led consortium, the Premier League and Newcastle are working hard to get the deal completed and announced as soon as possible.

There was hope and speculation it was going to be announced on Wednesday night but certain details still needed to be agreed.

There is no guarantee it will be announced on Thursday but the parties are hopeful and working around the clock to get it finalised.

There is now hope the 18-month saga surrounding Newcastle's ownership is close to being over.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Saudi takeover of Newcastle United set to be confirmed

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:14 am

Interesting and good to see the likely end to a saga that has gone on far too long at that club

I don't know the inside of Mike Ashley's time with the Toon but I do see similarities to Vincent Tan's tenure at the CCS, i.e. he went in through a third party, kept them going financially and then appeared (at best) to lose interest and/or a will to move forward

Interesting times ahead at Newcastle United and I see Steve Bruce rightly or wrongly being replaced once the deal is done
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:12 am

Will still have to be ratified by the Premier League and so by no means a done deal yet
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:06 am

bluebird58 wrote:Will still have to be ratified by the Premier League and so by no means a done deal yet

No, that was sorted last night. It's just a matter of getting the paperwork signed now.

Should be done today.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:08 am

bluebird58 wrote:Will still have to be ratified by the Premier League and so by no means a done deal yet

So does that same theory stand for Sala, too.? :?:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:09 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

No, that was sorted last night. It's just a matter of getting the paperwork signed now.

Should be done today.

10 days to complete once all the basics are agreed (expected this afternoon)

Looks like Bruce will be on his way...
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Should be done today.

10 days to complete once all the basics are agreed (expectrd this afternoon)

I'd have him here!!
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:50 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Should be done today.

10 days to complete once all the basics are agreed (expectrd this afternoon)

I'd have him here!!

It wouldn't be the worse move we could make, Paul... :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:58 pm

Apparently looking at Gerrard from rangers to replace cabbage head
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:Apparently looking at Gerrard from rangers to replace cabbage head

I thought you meant to replace Mick then, Wez...! :lol:

A good opportunity for Gerrard and Newcastle, I think. The only way is surely up for both parties...?
Sven

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:49 pm

Mike Ashley's shares have just been transferred to the consortium.

So now just awaiting official confirmation.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:01 pm

I bet the so called top 6 are unhappy with another mega-rich club to upset their cartel?

If believe by what's been said they opposed the takeover with some scurrilous reasons

Wonder why? :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:I bet the so called top 6 are unhappy with another mega-rich club to upset their cartel?

If believe by what's been said they opposed the takeover with some scurrilous reasons

Middle Eastern politics, maybe? :?:
Sven

Re: " Saudi takeover of Newcastle United confirmed "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Confirmed now. Full statement below:

An investment group led by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), and also comprising PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media (the “Investment Group”), has completed the acquisition of 100% of Newcastle United Limited and Newcastle United Football Club Limited (“Newcastle United” or the “Club”) from St. James Holdings Limited.

All requisite approvals have been obtained from the English Premier League and the acquisition was completed on 7 October 2021.

The Investment Group is comprised of long-term, patient investors who have every confidence in the future success of the Club. Today’s announcement is the conclusion of a thorough and detailed process that has allowed the Investment Group to arrive at a deal that benefits all stakeholders and will leave Newcastle United well-placed to pursue a clear, long-term strategy.

His Excellency Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Governor of PIF, will serve as Non-Executive Chairman of Newcastle United. Amanda Staveley, chief executive of PCP Capital Partners, will have one seat on the board. Jamie Reuben will also be a director of the Club, representing RB Sports & Media.

For PIF, one of the world’s most impactful investors, the acquisition is in line with its strategy of focusing on key sectors including Sports and Entertainment, and aligns with PIF’s mission to actively invest over the long term – in this case, to harness the Club’s potential and build upon the Club’s legacy.

Commenting on the agreement, His Excellency Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Governor of PIF, said: "We are extremely proud to become the new owners of Newcastle United, one of the most famous clubs in English football.

"We thank the Newcastle fans for their tremendously loyal support over the years and we are excited to work together with them."

Amanda Staveley, Chief Executive Officer of PCP Capital Partners, said: "This is a long-term investment. We are excited about the future prospects for Newcastle United.

"We intend to instill a united philosophy across the Club, establish a clear purpose, and help provide leadership that will allow Newcastle United to go on to big achievements over the long term.

"Our ambition is aligned with the fans – to create a consistently successful team that’s regularly competing for major trophies and generates pride across the globe."

Jamie Reuben of RB Sports & Media, said: "We look forward to a great future for Newcastle United. Newcastle is a fantastic city, which is why our family has been investing heavily in the area for many years. To become part of this great Club and its amazing fans is a privilege.

"We will build a true community Club, based upon our family’s knowledge of the city and in line with our plans that have been worked on closely with Newcastle City Council to deliver long-term sustainable growth for the area."

The directors of the Investment Group thank Mike Ashley for his commitment to the sale process. We would also like to thank the Premier League for its contribution in the regulatory process, which has helped lead to completion of this deal.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Confirmed now. Full statement below:

Happy for the Newcastle supporters; they can hopefully now move on... :clap:

Steve Bruce apparently aware the writing is on the cars for him nd I've got to feel for him a little. He could always come here to recuperate :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Big Hill Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Going to want a big name manager. Steve Bruce falls well outside that.
Big Hill Blue

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:14 pm

Careful what you wish for Newcastle fans. Given old MBS is partial to a bit of state sponsored execution and many other such acts I don’t know if I’d want someone like tbag running city.
welshrarebit

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:14 pm

I’d take Steve Bruce off their hands though
welshrarebit

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:I bet the so called top 6 are unhappy with another mega-rich club to upset their cartel?

Middle Eastern politics, maybe? :?:

The sheik from man c maybe or the yanks at man u as they love meddling in middle eastern politics? :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:59 pm

Conte is the favourite for manager and they've stopped taking bets
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby stickywicket » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:06 pm

Perhaps they'll behead or chop up Steve Bruce.
stickywicket

Postby Blueberry Jam » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:37 am

Can someone introduce an oil rich foreign person to Cardiff City. PLEASE. :bluebird:
Blueberry Jam

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:44 am

stickywicket wrote:Perhaps they'll behead or chop up Steve Bruce.

If I was Steve Bruce I would politely decline any invitations for tea at the Saudi embassy. :lol: :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:00 am

Can't wait to see Mbappe, Haaland and Lewondowski play in a front 3 for them next season then :lol:
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby stickywicket » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:36 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Can't wait to see Mbappe, Haaland and Lewondowski play in a front 3 for them next season then :lol:

In the championship.
stickywicket

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:09 am

Blueberry Jam wrote:Can someone introduce an oil rich foreign person to Cardiff City. PLEASE. :bluebird:

It will Probably be someone called trotter from peckham? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Wayne S » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Is this prince still being looked at for Jamal Kashoggi's murder or has all that been sorted?
Wayne S

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:27 pm

Wayne S wrote:Is this prince still being looked at for Jamal Kashoggi's murder or has all that been sorted?

Saudis put blame on couple poor minions got jail time or something to try appease opponents ... as far as it goes matter is closed except for critics of the regime and his wife? She wasnt happy ncastle fans celebrating takeover suggesting they should have opposed it instead.......
pembroke allan

Postby Wayne S » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Is this prince still being looked at for Jamal Kashoggi's murder or has all that been sorted?

Saudis put blame on couple poor minions got jail time or something to try appease opponents ... as far as it goes matter is closed except for critics of the regime and his wife? She wasnt happy ncastle fans celebrating takeover suggesting they should have opposed it instead.......

Cheers Pembroke, couldnt really remember the outcome.
Wayne S

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:47 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Cheers Pembroke, couldnt really remember the outcome.

That's ok but unquestionably sheik involved but dont think any gvmnt keen on saying so especially us as to much to lose for a variety of reasons.
pembroke allan

Next

Return to General Chat