“ It’s a NO for Lee Tomlin “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:51 am

Peterborough chief rules out move for Tomlin

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony has ruled out the possibility of making a swoop for Lee Tomlin.

The 32-year-old left Cardiff by mutual consent earlier this week, with his spell in south Wales dogged by various injury concerns.

After going under the knife in a bid to recover from a groin injury in September, he leaves the Bluebirds after failing to make a single competitive appearance this season.

Tomlin is still held in high regard by Posh, where he racked up more than 150 appearances for the club over two spells, but MacAnthony says a return to London Road is not currently on the table.

He told The Hard Truthpodcast: " Lee Tomlin is like a young son to me, I love him to bits, but we won’t be signing him.

"We’ve had great players from the past come back to the club and it hasn’t really worked out and anyway we have about six number 10s at the club already.

"Lee will get a good club in January. He’s too good for Leagues One and Two, but if someone offered him a three-year contract on good money he would be tempted."
Attachments
142DA5C2-867E-491E-8EA0-33307BBD1ACF.jpeg
142DA5C2-867E-491E-8EA0-33307BBD1ACF.jpeg (50.67 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ It’s a NO for Lee Tomlin “

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:Peterborough chief rules out move for Tomlin

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony has ruled out the possibility of making a swoop for Lee Tomlin.

The 32-year-old left Cardiff by mutual consent earlier this week, with his spell in south Wales dogged by various injury concerns.

After going under the knife in a bid to recover from a groin injury in September, he leaves the Bluebirds after failing to make a single competitive appearance this season.

Tomlin is still held in high regard by Posh, where he racked up more than 150 appearances for the club over two spells, but MacAnthony says a return to London Road is not currently on the table.

He told The Hard Truthpodcast: " Lee Tomlin is like a young son to me, I love him to bits, but we won’t be signing him.

"We’ve had great players from the past come back to the club and it hasn’t really worked out and anyway we have about six number 10s at the club already.

"Lee will get a good club in January. He’s too good for Leagues One and Two, but if someone offered him a three-year contract on good money he would be tempted."

Never a truer word spoken about the greedy, bone-idol git...! :evil:

Throw in a golf club membership and a free bar at the 19th and he'll sign on the dotted line...! :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Sven wrote:

Throw in a golf club membership and a free bar at the 19th and he'll sign on the dotted line...! :roll:

You forgot a lifetime supply from Gregg's,his new sponsor!!
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:06 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

You forgot a lifetime supply from Gregg's,his new sponsor!!

Mate, Greggs have declined the sponsorship on inaffordability grounds and their shares picked up this morning...! ;) :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:19 pm

He is 32, unfit and with a dreadful record for letting clubs down. No club will give him a long term contract on any decent money, especially in the current financial climate Its pay per play for him. Then we will see how injury prone he is!

He did however make two very, very important last minute contributions-the goal at Reading and a wicked free kick that the keeper could only parry against Wednesday and from which we scored from the rebound. Those two points he salvaged was the difference between us going up and Fulham missing out on the automatics. Whilst this doesn't excuse his appalling attitude in this respect he wasn't a complete waste of money.
JJ1927

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:51 pm

Surely no one is mad enough to offer him a three year deal?

Unless it’s all based on appearance money of course.
maccydee

Return to General Chat