‘ Josh Murphy ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Josh Murphy ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:27 am

I always wanted Josh Murphy to do well and really thought he would but he’s been at Preston and it’s he’s not improved.

Just 5 substitute appearances for him at.

For Cardiff City Josh started 50 games and made 38 from the bench in a possible 130 games for us . Of his 50 starts he has been taken off 38 times!!.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ Josh Murphy ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Josh Murphy ‘

Postby wez1927 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:I always wanted Josh Murphy to do well and really thought he would but he’s been at Preston and it’s he’s not improved.

For Cardiff City Josh started 50 games and made 38 from the bench in a possible 130 games for us . Of his 50 starts he has been taken off 38 times!!.

Agree ,terrible waste of talent seems to blow hot and cold
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Scoularite » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:14 am

You're absolutely right, but the sad thing is that it's not an isolated case. The club has spent quite a lot of money in the last few years, but a lot has been wasted - Cornelius, Tomlin, Murphy, Vassell, Glatzel immediately spring to mind.

What is going wrong so many times?
Scoularite

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:I always wanted Josh Murphy to do well and really thought he would but he’s been at Preston and it’s he’s not improved.

I'm with you on Josh; I was excited when he signef and I really wanted him to be the player to make difference

Only a few weeks ago he was putting it out on social media how he welcomed the opportunity to play for Preston and their progressive manager and believed he was in a good place to ply his trade

Hardly a statement that will endear him to some at his home club but I live in (some) hope he will come back and 'do the business'

However, I feel that financial considerations are currently key to pretty much everything going on, including Mick McCarthy's continued employment
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am

Sven wrote:

I'm with you on Josh; I was excited when he signef and I really wanted him to be the player to make difference

Only a few weeks ago he was putting it out on social media how he welcomed the opportunity to play for Preston and their progressive manager and believed he was in a good place to ply his trade

Hardly a statement that will endear him to some at his home club but I live in (some) hope he will come back and 'do the business'

However, I feel that financial considerations are currently key to pretty much everything going on, including Mick McCarthy's continued employment

So now Murphy has played under Warmock, Harris, McCarthy and a "progressive manager" at Preston and nobody can get him to play with anything like the consistency needed.

I was surprised that Warnock wanted him because he never was going to fit with his style. He has the ability but nowhere near the mentality or application required.

Anyone holding out hope that Murphy is going to come back and make any sort of a positive difference is living in dream world.
piledriver64

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:08 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

So now Murphy has played under Warmock, Harris, McCarthy and a "progressive manager" at Preston and nobody can get him to play with anything like the consistency needed.

I was surprised that Warnock wanted him because he never was going to fit with his style. He has the ability but nowhere near the mentality or application required.

Anyone holding out hope that Murphy is going to come back and make any sort of a positive difference is living in dream world.

You're probably right but I'm ever the optimist :laughing6:

You're right on him not 'playing' for several managers and like you, I was surprised Neil Warnock signed him and then (sort of) blocked him out for long periods. Sounds like a 'trust' issue?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:11 am

People moaned about him going there but I said it would make no difference because he doesn't play games anyway.

Fact is he offers next to nothing, even in a squad as poor as ours.

Him and Wintle will be back in January apparently.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Crayfish » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:24 am

It was a smart move to loan him to Preston who are at least paying half his considerable wages. The fact he has been so bad for Preston he can only get on as a late sub says it all. He may even have to drop down to league one next season when his contract runs out with us.
Crayfish

Postby mugsy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:17 pm

To think we paid £11m for that deadleg - people said Tomlin stole a living - this bloke is football's equivalent of the Great Train Robbers!!
mugsy

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Wow. That's 12 full 90 minutes out of 130. And three different managers all coming to much the same conclusion.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:40 pm

Another compelling endorsement of our highly astute transfer committee.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 pm

Sven wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

You're right on him not 'playing' for several managers and like you, I was surprised Neil Warnock signed him and then (sort of) blocked him out for long periods. Sounds like a 'trust' issue?

I actually disagree Chris in fact the fact that Murphy was a Warnock player.

Warnock liked quick wingers and his style was to hit it long at times and especially to the flanks and to the wingers.

If he had played like Warnock thought then he’d have fitted in perfectly with his system. However, as we all know he turned out like he did!
Some say it’s a confidence thing but I don’t go with that. He just like a big girl and sulks when it doesn’t go for him. A terrible attitude.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:09 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I actually disagree Chris in fact the fact that Murphy was a Warnock player.

Warnock liked quick wingers and his style was to hit it long at times and especially to the flanks and to the wingers.

If he had played like Warnock thought then he’d have fitted in perfectly with his system. However, as we all know he turned out like he did!
Some say it’s a confidence thing but I don’t go with that. He just like a big girl and sulks when it doesn’t go for him. A terrible attitude.

You're right, mate and I stand (slightly) corrected in that Josh mucked it up for himself. Clearly, as you say, NW gave him a shot but didn't feel he could trust him
Sven

Postby New Day Rising » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:26 pm

Overrated, overpaid, underachiever, unable to control a ball, not got 90 minute game , 11 million transfer daylight robbery ,he'll leave for nothing .
New Day Rising

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:35 pm

Give me a team full of Patterson's. Full of heart was the boy .
BigBearBlue1974

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:58 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Give me a team full of Patterson's. Full of heart was the boy .

:roll:

One or two Paterson’s in a team maybe but a side full of them and we’d be watching our team at Pontcanna on a Saturday afternoon ffs.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Blueman39 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:35 pm

Rather Murphy for 35 mins than Bacuna on the wing for 90 .....
Blueman39

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:31 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Give me a team full of Patterson's. Full of heart was the boy .

:roll:

One or two Paterson’s in a team maybe but a side full of them and we’d be watching our team at Pontcanna on a Saturday afternoon ffs.

Careful, Paul, he doesn't like people answering back in the negative; even when he talks complete garb :roll:

No doubt now I'll be accused of 'trolling' him again now just for having an opinion

Oh, the irony of that...! :laughing6:
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:23 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Spot on
nubbsy

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:39 am

He's got dele-alli-itus (lazysod)
BigBearBlue1974

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:52 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Overrated, overpaid, underachiever, unable to control a ball, not got 90 minute game , 11 million transfer daylight robbery ,he'll leave for nothing .

…plus, no bottle and effort. That’s unforgivable
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:43 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:He's got dele-alli-itus (lazysod)

;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Caerdydd12 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:11 pm

Scoularite wrote:You're absolutely right, but the sad thing is that it's not an isolated case. The club has spent quite a lot of money in the last few years, but a lot has been wasted - Cornelius, Tomlin, Murphy, Vassell, Glatzel immediately spring to mind.

What is going wrong so many times?

Mainly the mangers styles
Caerdydd12

Return to General Chat