Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A good time for Riggot to sign??

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:06 am

I guess like me, alot of you are feeling pretty glum about the loss last night. It occurred to me that if DJ and City really are going to sign Riggot then maybe announcing that signing today may well be the perfect time to lift peoples spirits for a number of reasons. One - A new signing always makes fans happy and two - a new defender maybe just what we need right now.

I think City have been pretty good with their PR recently and I think that announcing this today would be the sort of news that would lift everyone. CCFC - Over to you!

Re: A good time for Riggot to sign??

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 am

Definately need to strengthen our squad. Last night was proof of that. Although we had 5 first team guys out we should still be able to recall on the backups to handle any of the teams in this league. Problem I can see now is this team will pick itself because that team last night are not going to have a lookin if that is the best they can do.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:22 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Definitely need to strengthen our squad. Last night was proof of that. Although we had 5 first team guys out we should still be able to recall on the backups to handle any of the teams in this league. Problem I can see now is this team will pick itself because that team last night are not going to have a looking if that is the best they can do.

The centre Midfield pairing of Rae and Mcphail is a tried and very much a not working partnership. It just dosen't work. Fair play DJ put Whitts in there as well but there is no bite to any of them. Keough up front on his own is useless. The lads who are fringe players let themselves down last night it was there chance to impress. Over time these players will be shipped out. I would of thought putting Darcy in the Offy role would of been the way forward.
Gavin Rae is not the option he is not a Championship player very sad but true.
To blame the defence entirely is wrong you defend as a unit. The team again fell to pieces last night but be sure that wont happen with the 5 missing players. WE can only hope they return and return soon.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:24 am

Thats the problem we've had with Jay for aslong as he's been here. If he's fit, he plays and I'm not sure how healthy that is. Now we have Keogh who isn't really a replacement for him but will give options, it may give something for Jay to think about but as far as I'm concerned, Jay will still get the nod. Had we signed Chris Iwelumo over the summer, Jay may have been given a rival.

I think that DJ purposefully avoids signing a like for like with Jay because I get the feeling that Bothroyd is the sort of player that shines in th limelight and would throw his toys out the pram if he wasn't playing.