Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

He lost me at 5 centre backs

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:39 pm

I voted in a separate thread earlier this week "I don't know" regarding replacing Mick. This evening when I saw he had selected 5 centre backs, and 2 defensive midfielders for a home game, he lost my support. That level of negativity cannot be supported by myself, and the result that followed. Conceding 4 goals with 7 defensive outfield players and a goalkeeper. Outrageous.

I've no idea who I'd replace him with, but that decision was a madness!

Re: He lost me at 5 centre backs

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:40 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:I voted in a separate thread earlier this week "I don't know" regarding replacing Mick. This evening when I saw he had selected 5 centre backs, and 2 defensive midfielders for a home game, he lost my support. That level of negativity cannot be supported by myself, and the result that followed. Conceding 4 goals with 7 defensive outfield players and a goalkeeper. Outrageous.

I've no idea who I'd replace him with, but that decision was a madness!

I'm the same ,hes totally lost the plot

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:14 pm

I couldn't see a formation, even if I cobbled together who played where, we were totally imbalanced. The ONLY quality we had up top was on the bench.

To a degree our bench was stronger than our starting line up.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:22 pm

When I saw the line-up it felt to me as if Mick was saying "I can't be arsed any more - just pay up my contract and let's get this farce over and done with"

What followed for the next 90 minutes has persuaded me even more that my initial impression was correct.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:29 am

davids wrote:When I saw the line-up it felt to me as if Mick was saying "I can't be arsed any more - just pay up my contract and let's get this farce over and done with"

What followed for the next 90 minutes has persuaded me even more that my initial impression was correct.

He didn't show much interest on sidelines that's for sure kept hands folded most of game

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:57 am

He has not got a clue what he is doing.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:37 am

He even had the audacity after the match to call it "a shambles" - what do you expect when you play with 5 central defenders?

He's fully lost it, shocked to have woken up and seen he's still not been sacked.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:35 pm

I agree with the earlier post I think he is waiting for the Spanish archer and taking the money.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Not did he only try defending playing 5 at the back vs West Brom in his pre match press conference with Sky, he opted for it again.

Surely doesn't survive the hour. Has to go, now.