Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KIEFFER MOORE DROPPED: ‘ CARDIFF CITY TEAM NAMED V WBA ‘

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm

James Collins chosen over Kieffer Moore

Ryan Giles starts :bluebird: :bluebird:

Strong bench:

Cardiff City XI: Phillips; Nelson, McGuinness, Morrison, Flint, Brown; Pack, Vaulks; Bacuna, Collins, Giles.

Subs: Smithies, Bagan, Ng, Ralls, Colwill, Harris, Moore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: KIEFFER MOORE DROPPED: ‘ CARDIFF CITY TEAM NAMED V WBA ‘

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:51 pm

5 center backs
3 defensive midfielders
1 full back / winger
1 striker

Maybe it's micks new winning formation :lol: :bluescarf:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5 centre back lol

Apart from Giles not one player excites me, maybe flint when it's a corner for us and Giles is the one crossing, I'm hoping with the conditions it will suit us and maybe sneak a draw but the way we play and defend It wouldn't suprise me with a 0-4 scoreline

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:52 pm

well there's 5 there i would not even have at the club! :banghead:

the only good news is WBA are due an off night :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:53 pm

5 Centre backs across a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders! Is he trying to get the sack!?

Bluebird1977 wrote:5 center backs
3 defensive midfielders
1winger
1 striker

5 professionals and 5 wasters

I just don't see goals in it!! I've even decided not to go evem though im ST. I just don't fancy weather, watching that shit, and then getting home 11:30ish and being up at 4:30am for work. No desire from me for tonight

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:55 pm

It's going to be an attack vs defence training match.

Our defence will just continue to get in each others way. Even more so now there's another 2 CBs to get in the way.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:56 pm

West Brom XI: Johnstone; Furlong, Ajayi, Bartley, Townsend; Robinson, Livermore, Mowatt, Reach; Grant, Hugill.

Subs: Button, Phillips, Diangana, Molumby, Kipre, Bryan, Gardner-Hickman.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 pm

Escott1927 wrote:5 Centre backs across a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders! Is he trying to get the sack!?

or maybe that's the team, Tan, Dalman and Choo picked at their weekly fantasy football pick micks side meeting - cause that's gthe only reason i can think of that some of this shite keeps their place week in week out :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:58 pm

3 defensive midfielders
1 full back / winger
1 striker

I had look at the team twice !
Don’t think we r going to be playing on the front foot , along the floor somehow.
8 man defence ...great ...shudda waited before paying my tenner.

Hope I’m totally wrong but could be a long night .

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Fair play to Mick just when you think he can't get any worse he comes up trumps. What the actual hell is that formation about? He will wait until half time when we are a few down to bring on the actual players who can get forward and once again it will be too late. He is the first manager I have actually disliked, previous managers have had their time and I haven't been sorry to see them go, but I have never felt like I cannot stand one before. Mick is just the gift that keeps on giving.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Not enough centre backs in midfield or up front for me but otherwise a very exciting lineup.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Team news verdict:

Just a double take, yes, that is indeed five centre backs.

It looks as though some stern words have been said in the intervening days between the 5-1 defeat at Blackburn and tonight.

Nelson will likely play on the right, Brown on the left and Morrison, McGuinness and Flint will be the three centre backs. Leaking goals have been a problem and McCarthy seems to think this is the way to sort it. Let's hope he's right.

The other headline, of course, is that Kieffer Moore has been dropped. He hasn't looked himself in front of goal, but I don't think that's solely down to him at all, the service he has been receiving has been sub-standard at best.

James Collins has spurned a few glaring chances so far in his Cardiff career and will hope to change that tonight. Cardiff need him to start firing and tonight is no different.

A very, very interesting team selection from Mick, with defence at the forefront of the mind.

At least Ryan Giles has returned to the starting lineup...

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:00 pm

What the hell is that line up. Might as well drop Collins up front and play 2 goalkeepers as well.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Blueman39 wrote:
3 defensive midfielders
1 full back / winger
1 striker

I had look at the team twice !
Don’t think we r going to be playing on the front foot , along the floor somehow.
8 man defence ...great ...shudda waited before paying my tenner.

Hope I’m totally wrong but could be a long night .

Baffles me tbh but it looks like a hoof up and hope for a throw in or set piece line up but we shall see.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:03 pm

Not enough centre backs in midfield or up front for me but otherwise a very exciting lineup.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Team news verdict:

Just a double take, yes, that is indeed five centre backs.

It looks as though some stern words have been said in the intervening days between the 5-1 defeat at Blackburn and tonight.

Nelson will likely play on the right, Brown on the left and Morrison, McGuinness and Flint will be the three centre backs. Leaking goals have been a problem and McCarthy seems to think this is the way to sort it. Let's hope he's right.

The other headline, of course, is that Kieffer Moore has been dropped. He hasn't looked himself in front of goal, but I don't think that's solely down to him at all, the service he has been receiving has been sub-standard at best.

James Collins has spurned a few glaring chances so far in his Cardiff career and will hope to change that tonight. Cardiff need him to start firing and tonight is no different.

A very, very interesting team selection from Mick, with defence at the forefront of the mind.

At least Ryan Giles has returned to the starting lineup...

How long will people pay to watch such a line up?
Moore is better off on the bench as bar Giles, there’s no one who is creative or can cross a ball.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Mick must be trying to get sacked. The starting line up is absolutely diabolical. His answer to conceding 5 is to put 2 extra centre halves on the pitch and have zero attack.

I hate to say it but Mick McCarthy is slowly taking all the fun out of following Cardiff for me at the minute. I’ve never felt like I have to make myself go and watch the game until the last month or so. I desperately want a new manager to come in.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:08 pm

Playing for the draw it seems

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Crayfish wrote:Not enough centre backs in midfield or up front for me but otherwise a very exciting lineup.

Well that brightened my mood a bit :lol:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:23 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Playing for the draw it seems

How very dare you, MM never plays for a draw...he sets up to NOT lose ...by too many

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:24 pm

Someone earlier on took the exact words right out of my mouth.... WHAT THE HELL LINE UP IS THAT?. In addition I concur that MM is eroding my love of football.

McCarthy, what are you trying to achieve?

For all his knockers and his bad points, Warnock united a club, you Sir, together with Tan and his bunch of clowns are ripping it down at pace.....

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:26 pm

I'm thinking the board picked this team :lol: , might supprise us but let's hope we will see the great line up posts on here after the game when we thump them 4 -0. There's always hope :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:27 pm

That is hideous

Brown and nelson wing backs f**k me sideways

Sooner McCarthy is gone the better

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:39 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:That is hideous

Brown and nelson wing backs f**k me sideways

Sooner McCarthy is gone the better

MM more cunning plans than Baldrick.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:45 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Someone earlier on took the exact words right out of my mouth.... WHAT THE HELL LINE UP IS THAT?. In addition I concur that MM is eroding my love of football.

McCarthy, what are you trying to achieve?

For all his knockers and his bad points, Warnock united a club, you Sir, together with Tan and his bunch of clowns are ripping it down at pace.....

Agreed

The teams are out!

Kicked off :bluebird: :bluebird: