Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No Bothroyd, No clue

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 am

Some other things we learnt/already knew from last night -

No point playing five in midfield if none of them tackle or put any pressure on the opposition.
Andy Keogh is not any sort of threat as a centre forward.
Our defence does not know how to deal with Steve Howard.
The pairing of Mcphail and Rae is nowhere near good enough (obvious for many seasons now)
Our team always seems to be "tired" after just half a dozen games and just coming off a two week international break.
Injuries will cost us quite a few points this season.

I know it's just one result in a long season but the performance last night particularly in the second half was so poor that like the games at Barnsley and Ipswich last season it will take a little while to get it out of the system.

Automatic promotion? On last night's showing you would have to say we're having a laugh.

Re: No Bothroyd, No clue

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:29 am

spot on mate

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:50 am

davids wrote:Some other things we learnt/already knew from last night -

No point playing five in midfield if none of them tackle or put any pressure on the opposition.
The pairing of Mcphail and Rae is nowhere near good enough (obvious for many seasons now)
Our team always seems to be "tired" after just half a dozen games and just coming off a two week international break.

I know it's just one result in a long season but the performance last night particularly in the second half was so poor that like the games at Barnsley and Ipswich last season it will take a little while to get it out of the system.

Automatic promotion? On last night's showing you would have to say we're having a laugh.

Pretty much spot on Davids as it appears we are in the same position we are in every season with our first 11 being as good as any in the division, but beneath that well it's pretty much average championship stuff.

I disagree with all this talk about being tired but then again this is bulk standard DJ excuse stuff and this goes directly to the question of having a good footballing man above DJ who will question his thinking and decision making.

We all know that with Rae and McPhail in CM we will not compete at the top end of this division as both simply cannot impose themselves on a game, never have and never will. Add to that the fact that McPhail and Koumas have played little football recently and were never going to last in this game plus having Whitts and Burke who while both work very hard are not imposing midfield players last night was a recipe for mediocre and that is exactly what we got.

DJ has said maybe 2 of the injured players will return for the weekend at Ipswich, please let it be Jay and Oli and DJ must then ensure that with Oli, Whitts and Burke are joined by midfield players with agression. Blake, Matthews, Wildig and yes even Taiwo have it in abundance, also none of them are TIRED.

I won't even consider Bellamy for the weekend as I think this situation with his knee may well end up being another Blobby Fowler and his back, and that's the biggest worry of all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:52 am

Spot on Davids, We looked exactly like we did last season when things are not going are way, we were piss poor against an average Leicester side, I know we had 5 players missing, But wait till Oct/Nov we will have players missing again.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:41 am

If we had no Jay last night but had Bellers, H2O and Oly are you saying we wouldn’t have a clue?
There’s not many teams in the championship could cope with the loss of these players.
Plus Stevie McPhail and Gavin are coming back from injury and illness.
Hopefully as DJ said last night we'll get 2 out of 5 back Saturday and all of them back for Millwall.
Presumably he didn’t mean Chopra.
DJ said on the BBC Wales interview Man U and H20 failed to tell him that he had thigh problems last season.
If they had DJ would have handled him differently.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Davids, We looked exactly like we did last season when things are not going are way, we were piss poor against an average Leicester side, I know we had 5 players missing, But wait till Oct/Nov we will have players missing again.

We will have players missing in the future but to have, arguably, our best 5 players out for the same game is savage :(

At the moment we have every right to be hopeful of a top 2 place because that is what the table is showing. Did anyone really think we would go through the whole season unbeaten :roll:

If we panic everytime we drop a point then this isn't going to be a very enjoyable season for many.

Bottom line is so far we've played 6, won 4, drawn 1, lost 1 and are better off than 22 other teams in the Championship. If we replicate that form over a season we finish with over 90 points, so are things really that bad :ayatollah: :lol: