Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The only mistake dave jones this season

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Is not getting back up for jay.we are fucked up front without a target man.thats my opinion :?

Re: The only mistake dave jones this season

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:04 pm

They are hard to come by Chief. He tried with Howard but it didn't come off. So i cant blame DJ for that.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Not many teams have one player as good as Jay the chances of us getting two are slim.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:15 pm

even DJ admitted last season in a walesonline blog getting a back up for Bothroyd was like gold dust.

Every other club is looking for the same type of player.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 pm

they aint got to be a massive target man just be able to link up players look at peter thorne he wernt the tallest but no centre half would beat him in the air a true legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Trust me on this one when bellers gets back fit it's not gonna matter if the target man's Jay, Keogh, or Heaton.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:39 am

earnieblue wrote:Is not getting back up for jay.we are fucked up front without a target man.thats my opinion :?

We Desperately Need Back up for him and We need it now.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:43 am

DJ was wrong to let Steve Thompson leave , he fits that role perfectly :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:45 am

Vintage 63 wrote:DJ was wrong to let Steve Thompson leave , he fits that role perfectly :ayatollah:

Martyn, I think DJ has let a lot of good players go for Nothing, just because he does not like them personally.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:DJ was wrong to let Steve Thompson leave , he fits that role perfectly :ayatollah:

Martyn, I think DJ has let a lot of good players go for Nothing, just because he does not like them personally.

Annis your not wrong there at all , I was suprized when he sold Kennedy tho . DJ does have more options this season aslong as certain players are 100% fit and that 1 or 2 individuals CAN play to new systems and NOT just pump high balls for an imaginary Bothroyd ?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:45 am

Midfield general wrote:Leicester were happy to let Steve Howard leave, they even agreed a £300k fee with Huddersfield during the summer but it broke down on personal terms. So the opportunity was there.

However Im not going to panic as there wont be many games when 5 of our first team will be out.

I agree and also we lost out coz it was £300K more than CCFC are prepared to pay !