Need some passing ability and drive.
maccydee

Sang centre midfield

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sang centre midfield

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:46 pm

maccydee wrote:Has to be given a go surely?

Definitely. Starting on Saturday surely.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby maccydee » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

But keep Ng in too.

Or Ng right centre back.
maccydee

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:48 am

maccydee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

But keep Ng in too.

Or Ng right centre back.

I’d keep NG at right back with Sang starting instead of Colwill. I’d keep Harris up top with Moore too.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:37 pm

I would agree.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bluebird1977 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:37 pm

I wouldn't play half the team tbh if given funds to bring in others but its what we have work with and we got to go with it as fans cost cutting or not :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 pm

I wouldn’t argue with giving Sang a game. He certainly looked comfortable last season.

It would be in midfield for me though because Ng looks like he’s back at the level he was before his injury last season.
piledriver64

Postby maccydee » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:57 am

piledriver64 wrote:I wouldn’t argue with giving Sang a game. He certainly looked comfortable last season.

It would be in midfield for me though because Ng looks like he’s back at the level he was before his injury last season.

Mick doesn’t agree. Left him out.
maccydee

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:57 am

Things cannot carry on the way they are and Sang was apparently a creative centre midfielder by trade originally. I remember predicting he would break through into the first XI as Lee Tomlin's back up. I got it half right as he did break through into the first XI but as a right back!

It is time for MM to think outside the box (literally) and play Sang in the No.10 position.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby CantonStandBob » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:55 pm

I may be wrong but I have a feeling Mick was questioned on Sang being pushed in to midfield and he dismissed it completely and said it won't happen, he sees him as a wing back and that is that. It was at the start of the season I am sure of it but can't find the interview where he said it.
CantonStandBob

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:16 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:I may be wrong but I have a feeling Mick was questioned on Sang being pushed in to midfield and he dismissed it completely and said it won't happen, he sees him as a wing back and that is that. It was at the start of the season I am sure of it but can't find the interview where he said it.

Not sure if MM made that comment or not but if things continue and we keep on losing then he might have to reconsider. One reason why he might not want Sang in midfield is because MM thinks we already have good option in that position :?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby CantonStandBob » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:45 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:I may be wrong but I have a feeling Mick was questioned on Sang being pushed in to midfield and he dismissed it completely and said it won't happen, he sees him as a wing back and that is that. It was at the start of the season I am sure of it but can't find the interview where he said it.

Not sure if MM made that comment or not but if things continue and we keep on losing then he might have to reconsider. One reason why he might not want Sang in midfield is because MM thinks we already have good option in that position :?

I am certain he did and his response was his usual dismissive way, it was when people were asking if he could find a place in the team for Ng and Sang together and it was suggested Sang can operate in midfield as he started his career there.
Either way yeah, he needs to vary it we have no drive forward from midfield and I am in the minority who thinks Pack is playing relatively well this season so Sang alongside him to get forward can't be worse than Vaulks anyway at least until Ralls is back.
CantonStandBob

Postby litoblues » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:30 pm

I put exact same thread few weeks back.. Sang looks more suited to midfield
. He has vision good touch.. Seems to have time on the ball.. Problem is.. Mccarthy prefers to hoof the ball over their heads
litoblues

Postby nubbsy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:44 am

Can he hit long balls into the box though?
nubbsy

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am

CantonStandBob wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I am certain he did and his response was his usual dismissive way, it was when people were asking if he could find a place in the team for Ng and Sang together and it was suggested Sang can operate in midfield as he started his career there.
Either way yeah, he needs to vary it we have no drive forward from midfield and I am in the minority who thinks Pack is playing relatively well this season so Sang alongside him to get forward can't be worse than Vaulks anyway at least until Ralls is back.

I'd certainly agree with the idea of playing Sang alongside Pack. I actually think he's worth trying there even if Ralls was fit because I think he travels with the ball at his feet better than Ralls and is much more mobile.

Pack is the only player trying to actually retain the ball at the moment.

I wasn't surprised to see Sang picked on Saturday but I was really surprised to see that he was picked at full back instead of Ng, who most people would say was our only positive out of the Coventry game.
piledriver64

Postby Abergavenny » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:29 am

Has anyone ever seen him play in midfield Not sure he has ever played there in senior football. He certainly looks like one of the more comfortable on the ball in the city team thou One would assume that he must have played in midfield in youth teams at some stage but he was better at right back
Abergavenny

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:54 am

Abergavenny wrote:Has anyone ever seen him play in midfield Not sure he has ever played there in senior football. He certainly looks like one of the more comfortable on the ball in the city team thou One would assume that he must have played in midfield in youth teams at some stage but he was better at right back

I thought he was a midfielder throughout his young/academy career and only played at full back when he broke into the team last season out of necessity. So certainly not a stranger to midfield.
piledriver64

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:23 pm

Worth a go, can't be any worse than we currently have.
I still think one or two of these young lads could feature well for us in the middle of the park at some stage in the future.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby Lawnmower » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:51 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Has anyone ever seen him play in midfield Not sure he has ever played there in senior football. He certainly looks like one of the more comfortable on the ball in the city team thou One would assume that he must have played in midfield in youth teams at some stage but he was better at right back

I thought he was a midfielder throughout his young/academy career and only played at full back when he broke into the team last season out of necessity. So certainly not a stranger to midfield.

Exactly. I see so many pushing for this when the only senior games he’s played in there were league cup games when most wouldn’t even have been there !

Manager and coaches would have seen him week after week in training snd all the u23 games, so I reckon they will know better that that.
Lawnmower

Return to General Chat