WOW Sky Sports: “ UPDATED BIG BIG TROUBLE DERBY COUNTY “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:27 am

ADMINISTRATORS NOW APPOINTED / CONFIRMED

ADMIN HELL Wayne Rooney’s Derby went into administration and twelve point deduction after owner notice amid financial crisis

By Alan Nixon

17th September 2021

WAYNE ROONEY’s Derby County are heading for administration after owner Mel Morris gave notice of the drastic move.

The Rams face an automatic 12-point penalty when they go through the process which was started on Friday evening.

Derby virtually now guaranteed relegation from Championship.

UPDATED: Friday 17th September 2021

Sky Sports:

DERBY COUNTY SET TO GO IN TO ADMINISTRATION :shock:

SKY SPORTS:

Thursday 16th September 2021

Derby County will reportedly be docked nine points as the club’s long-running dispute with the EFL nears its conclusion.

The club is said to have been talks over an “agreed sanction” following financial breaches.

And the Daily Mail’s Mike Keegan has reported yesterday evening that the Rams will be stripped of nine Championship points, with a further three suspended until next season.
Attachments
F4D9333D-A4ED-4F71-B72B-408BDA80DBF4.jpeg
F4D9333D-A4ED-4F71-B72B-408BDA80DBF4.jpeg (102.99 KiB) Viewed 8848 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sky Sports: “ Derby County to be stripped “

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:30 am

And if we get snow this season that will finish them off.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:40 am

Never thought both Forest and Derby could go down this season.
More surprised about Forest because we all know that Derby are in a terrible way throughout the club.
Surprised they wont just add the 3 extra points deductions alongside this 9 point deduction so eventually Derby would be docked 12 Points.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 am

The EFl want a 12 point deduction plus 3 suspended as Derby already have a 3 point deduction suspended hanging over them, Derby are saying that their accounts are fair :lol: so if they do not agree with the EFL then it will go to a commission, that could go either way, so Derby have a choice stick or twist, take a chance with the commission or accept the EFL sanction, what would you do?
Igovernor

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:59 am

Igovernor wrote:The EFl want a 12 point deduction plus 3 suspended as Derby already have a 3 point deduction suspended hanging over them, Derby are saying that their accounts are fair :lol: so if they do not agree with the EFL then it will go to a commission, that could go either way, so Derby have a choice stick or twist, take a chance with the commission or accept the EFL sanction, what would you do?

If they go don the Commission route and it goes against them could they receive further deduction points.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:06 am

Igovernor wrote:The EFl want a 12 point deduction plus 3 suspended as Derby already have a 3 point deduction suspended hanging over them, Derby are saying that their accounts are fair :lol: so if they do not agree with the EFL then it will go to a commission, that could go either way, so Derby have a choice stick or twist, take a chance with the commission or accept the EFL sanction, what would you do?

I read that, Rog...

Let's see if Shrek has the balls to stick around or carries out his 'threat' to leave when the previous charge was laid. Afteralk, what have Derbyvever done for him other than give him a job he was neither prepared or qualified for and supported him thriugh his latest indiscretions?

Once a club with a bit of class, I think they have been too near Nottingham for it not to rub off... :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:18 am

Sven wrote:

I read that, Rog...

Let's see if Shrek has the balls to stick around or carries out his 'threat' to leave when the previous charge was laid. Afteralk, what have Derbyvever done for him other than give him a job he was neither prepared or qualified for and supported him thriugh his latest indiscretions?

Once a club with a bit of class, I think they have been too near Nottingham for it not to rub off... :(

Chris if I was Derby I would take the 12 points deduction, the EFL have got them dead to rights, so I think the commission would even increase the points deduction. If it is only 9 points deduction it will put them -5 points with - 8 with the 12. I think Rooney will carry on, not going to throw the money away that he is grabbing now, all about the money, no morals :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Spare a thought for Wycombe who should have avoided relegation last season.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

I read that, Rog...

Chris if I was Derby I would take the 12 points deduction, the EFL have got them dead to rights, so I think the commission would even increase the points deduction. If it is only 9 points deduction it will put them -5 points with - 8 with the 12. I think Rooney will carry on, not going to throw the money away that he is grabbing now, all about the money, no morals :thumbup:

Derby are in 7pts so your figures are not correct
Abergavenny

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:12 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

I read that, Rog...

Derby are in 7pts so your figures are not correct

It was correct before last weekend. It will change agai i'm sure if the deduction takes place at this moment they are minus 2
Igovernor

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 pm

Apparently they are going into administration :o
pembroke allan

Re: WOW Sky Sports: “ UPDATED BIG BIG TROUBLE DERBY COUNTY

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:10 pm

WOW:
Attachments
5CF76E20-B4CB-4904-9289-8D5784D33F02.jpeg
5CF76E20-B4CB-4904-9289-8D5784D33F02.jpeg (102.99 KiB) Viewed 8847 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 pm

This smacks of financial manipulation? Only just sold ground to owner and now administration cannot believe hes done this and be a loser financially? Reminds me of Leicester built ground went into admin wiped all dept out including new stadiums cost....... sounds like similar scenario.... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:50 pm

ADMIN HELL Wayne Rooney’s Derby went into administration and twelve point deduction after owner notice amid financial crisis

By Alan Nixon

17th September 2021

WAYNE ROONEY’s Derby County are heading for administration after owner Mel Morris gave notice of the drastic move.

The Rams face an automatic 12-point penalty when they go through the process which was started on Friday evening.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:ADMIN HELL Wayne Rooney’s Derby went into administration and twelve point deduction after owner notice amid financial crisis

By Alan Nixon

17th September 2021

From what I've read get impression get 12 points for administration plus the 9 for ffp indiscretion if its applied..
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:12 pm

Could there be a fire sale of their players?
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Could there be a fire sale of their players?

What players? They are using kids with sprinkling of players they managed to keep I think they are under transfer embargo....
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:47 pm

No surprise at all.

Gary Neville just hit the nail on the head about Derby on Sky. Said they have gambled and gambled to get to the Premier League and this is the result.

Don't forget that Neville is an owner of a League Two club so knows what he's talking about.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Could there be a fire sale of their players?

What players? They are using kids with sprinkling of players they managed to keep I think they are under transfer embargo....

Jozwiak, Lawrence, Sibley, Shinnie, Knight and Marshall are all good players and on decent money.

I can see a fire sale happening.

Would certainly take Lawrence, Jozwiak or Sibley at City.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:This smacks of financial manipulation? Only just sold ground to owner and now administration cannot believe hes done this and be a loser financially? Reminds me of Leicester built ground went into admin wiped all dept out including new stadiums cost....... sounds like similar scenario.... :old:

Your spot on Al, it's pure manipulation and entirely predictable. The owner/owners will cancel all debts via the administration process and then with a seperate imvestment mechanism buy back any assets from the administrator at an eye-watering discount. I've seen it happen first hand and it almost seems a crime how the law allows this to happen, but it does.
GrangeEndStar

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Spare a thought for Wycombe who should have avoided relegation last season.

That's a very good point Tony. It was obvious at that point that Derby were playing the game and action/points deduction should have been incurred then, with Wycombe preserving their Championship status. Be interesting to see how that plays out if Derby tank.
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:12 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:This smacks of financial manipulation? Only just sold ground to owner and now administration cannot believe hes done this and be a loser financially? Reminds me of Leicester built ground went into admin wiped all dept out including new stadiums cost....... sounds like similar scenario.... :old:

Your spot on Al, it's pure manipulation and entirely predictable. The owner/owners will cancel all debts via the administration process and then with a seperate imvestment mechanism buy back any assets from the administrator at an eye-watering discount. I've seen it happen first hand and it almost seems a crime how the law allows this to happen, but it does.

Thing is derby are a big club fan wise and crowds be high in 1st div so they'll be quids in if get promoted again but not fure they will just depends if can bring in good players
.....but must be gutting for fans knowing team relegated with 36 games left in season..
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:36 am

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Thing is derby are a big club fan wise and crowds be high in 1st div so they'll be quids in if get promoted again but not fure they will just depends if can bring in good players
.....but must be gutting for fans knowing team relegated with 36 games left in season..

With just a 12 point deduction they would be on -5 points, which although not easy, could be done, as long as teams just above are on low points, but if they have the 9 added for irregularities that's them done for sure , -14 plus have to make up a possible few more than that, just to get even close!! Good riddance I say, but with a bitten lip, I've said before the season started, I can honestly see a couple more struggling this year financially, and we could well of been one, without the necessary trimming down that's happened? Whether we like it or not, covid has dented almost all championship clubs and below financially, and probably a fair bit more than we currently know!

I see people mentioning a fire sale at Derby, well whose going to pay the "decent money" they are on? Because it's clear it won't be us! MM has run out that old add age of "happy with the squad & its quality " which to me shows he is doing as instructed, and getting our stupid wage bill down to a much more manageable /sustainable level.
Our owner has had his fortune decimated due to the pandemic, and we ate not his only "business" (don't like the term personally, but accept that's what we are these days, as are most!)
We surely cannot expect him to go and splash the cash now? I'm with the majority on here, when it comes to where we can clearly see the team lacks the quality needed, but when pressed on possible free transfers, MM shut it down big time, which means we can't afford the sort of money some will want to me?

I'm happy to stay in this division and try and re build slowly, but we have very impatient fans, who some believe it will take one season to do with a new manager and a few additional players, I think that if we are to do it, then it has to be done slowly , these youngsters were playing a totally different style in their respective age groups, and I believe they surely cannot fully enjoy the style we play in the 1st team? For one, it's very labour intensive, in an already fairly intense division anyway, my belief is we could burn these bright lights out, if not managed in the right way, and that could set us back even further, as we now have very little option.

I always give a manager my backing, whether or not it was my choice, and will do the same this year, as for me it's a fresh slate again, as last season is history. But if we are looking to switch up style wise, I really do not think we have the right manager for that, MM has plenty of football knowledge, I wouldn't mind him as director of football, with a new manager with fresh ideas as to where we need to be, and a decent (doesn't have to be barcelonaesque) style of football to watch for a change!

If cars berg dId CARDIFF CITY :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Canton Kev » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:33 am

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Not sure if their crowds will be that big. 19/20 season they were averaging 26.7k crowds, this season so far they’re averaging 18.4k crowds. Perhaps they’re boycotting, I’m not sure, but they’ve lost over 30% of their crowd in one season. If/when they get relegated I’d be surprised if their crowds didn’t drop even further unless 18k is their core die hard crowd.
Canton Kev

Postby Wayne S » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:17 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:

As I said in the other post, this is blatant. They are taking the opportunity to bury debt with their EFL troubles.

If they are losing points and going down then why not double the point deduction and be free of debt next season.

I dont want to see a club go to the wall, for the sake of the fans, but Derby are a big club and will survive so it should not be made easy for them.

12pts for administration this year and hold over the other potential 12pts for next season. Their board need to fight for their equity.
Wayne S

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:04 am

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snowwwwww
nubbsy

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:16 am

nubbsy wrote:Let it snow, let it snow, let it snowwwwww

That's the second time in this thread that 'joke' has appeared. :sleepy2:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:17 am

OK, so am I right in thinking they will be deducted 9 or 12 points for financial irregularities from last season and another 12 points for entering administration? Reading between the lines it seems that should be the case?
Llantwit bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:23 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:OK, so am I right in thinking they will be deducted 9 or 12 points for financial irregularities from last season and another 12 points for entering administration? Reading between the lines it seems that should be the case?

Now 12pts as they went in to administration last night

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat