Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Worst start in 108 years “

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:20 am

It's Nottingham Forest's worst start to a campaign for 108 years / 1pt from 18pts

“First and foremost, anything you’re telling me is news to me,” Hughton said.

“One, because the only thing I do is concentrate on the job.

“It’s been a very difficult summer. With the recruitment process we have… yes, thankfully, we brought in players and there has certainly been a change here.

“It’s been difficult not being able to work with some of those players earlier in the pre-season, but it’s been a very difficult window for most.

“I only think about the next game.

“It’s a hugely disappointing result. And one thing I can tell you is I’m as disappointed as anybody.

Re: “ Worst start in 108 years “

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:28 pm

A lot of pressure to replace Hughton. Names like Terry, Cooper and Wilder are being bound around as a replacement.

personally I think there is enough quality in the Forest squad to pull this with the new and proper manager. Not many agree with me though. Cooper could make a name for himself here I feel. Wilder possible but Terry no chance.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:A lot of pressure to replace Hughton. Names like Terry, Cooper and Wilder are being bound around as a replacement.

personally I think there is enough quality in the Forest squad to pull this with the new and proper manager. Not many agree with me though. Cooper could make a name for himself here I feel. Wilder possible but Terry no chance.

Wilder would be the best choice but if Hughton is struggling, there must be some serious problems at Forrest, he is a very experienced proven Championship Manager !

Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:A lot of pressure to replace Hughton. Names like Terry, Cooper and Wilder are being bound around as a replacement.

Wilder would be a good appointment. Performed miracles to keep them up in their first Premier League season and to finish so high. No great surprise they went down in their second season with a limited squad.

Forest have good players. Wilder could easily have them competing for the top six with his managerial qualities.

Although I actually thought Hughton was a good appointment for them.