Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Coventry City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 am

Coventry City win (21/20)
21%
Cardiff City win (13/5)
59%
Draw (23/10)
21%

Total votes : 29

Re: MATCH THREAD: " COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THR

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Mr Potato wrote:How has he missed that!

It's a special skill.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:20 pm

James Collins heads over...

Disappointing

LATEST SCORE: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:20 pm

We’ve been abysmal for years now.. it’s our trademark. As another pass goes completely nowhere..
Collins.. ooh.. more nowhere

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 pm

How the hell has Collins missed that!?? Sums up an atrocious performance all round

Sam Bowen has been very good since he came on. He’s looked very neat and tidy and looks to be a quality player.

league 2 player

That's some miss that from Collins. To not even hit the target! Our night in a nutshell. Abysmal and yet we are still in the game.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:How the hell has Collins missed that!?? Sums up an atrocious performance all round

Shocking miss. Absolute sitter.

Not looking good this. Good save Phillips

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 pm

we are awful.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm

Poorest performance for 80mins in a long while Coventry havent had to break sweat to keep city at bay in fact could say we've helped them with our tepid slow paced game...

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm

Excellent from Dillon Phillips, as he stops Gyokeres

Keeping the Bluebirds in the game and there might be a sucker punch yet, as Kieron Evans replaces Will Vaulks

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 pm

This is just so hard to watch! Saturday is going to be a thrashing from Bournemouth. Morrison, Flint and Nelson are garbage! And Phillips just aimlessly kicks the ball away every f*cking time!

Anyone who thinks we will be in or around the playoffs at the business end of the season is still living in the Dave Jones era!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 pm

Coventry quicker to everything we look very slow in comparison

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Yet another inept display by the City. We cannot hold on to the ball and it is like a hot potato at our feet. Colwill and Harris are non existent tonight and I feel extremely sorry for Moore. We do not seem to have a plan other than the long ball to Moore, and if that is not working like tonight, there does not appear to be a plan B. We are also dodgy at the back, and I cringe every time Nelson goes to tackle someone, as he invariably gives a needless free kick away. Also there is no link up play between defence and attack other than a high ball.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:This is just so hard to watch! Saturday is going to be a thrashing from Bournemouth. Morrison, Flint and Nelson are garbage! And Phillips just aimlessly kicks the ball away every f*cking time!

Anyone who thinks we will be in or around the playoffs at the business end of the season is still living in the Dave Jones era!

Honest question requiring an honest answer, will you be at the CCS for Saturday's game? :?

Where is Barrywelsh? We need him to tell us all how he knew we would lose so we can get an equalizer.

Sven wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:This is just so hard to watch! Saturday is going to be a thrashing from Bournemouth. Morrison, Flint and Nelson are garbage! And Phillips just aimlessly kicks the ball away every f*cking time!

Honest question requiring an honest answer, will you be at the CCS for Saturday's game? :?

Yes, I’ll be there.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:31 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yes, I’ll be there.

What's the point? :shock:

Save your money and time... ;)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 pm

rumpo kid wrote:We’ve been abysmal for years now.. it’s our trademark. As another pass goes completely nowhere..
Collins.. ooh.. more nowhere

Spot on, the Board keeps employing dinosaurs.

Welshman in CA wrote:Where is Barrywelsh? We need him to tell us all how he knew we would lose so we can get an equalizer.

Think hes had a name change tonight ? :D

I tried to be positive but we are awful. For too many seasons we’ve had zero quality in midfield. We are just a big lump it forward side. Even if we scrape a point it’s been dire.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Sven wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yes, I’ll be there.

What's the point? :shock:

Save your money and time... ;)

I attend with some of my (ex squaddie mates) who I hardly see since they don’t serve anymore. We have a few beers, spin some dits about time served and generally try and enjoy a little bit of normality. I tend not to worry about money, doesn’t go with you when you die.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:34 pm

Do you honesty think this fanbase would be patient enough to see a better brand of football rolled out. No fu.... chance, fickle as fu...

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Still not that impressed with collwil either. Goals he scored ladt hame not changing my mind. Early days for him I guess.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Straight red card for Covenrty after a crazy/pointless tackle on Pack...

Just plain stupid... :roll:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Very abject performance no one able to pass to team mate just putting ball to where they may be and hoping teammate gets it. One genuine open goal and we miss it..... not surprised we lost as Coventry excellent at home and ho 4th now but it's way we've lost that is problem...

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm

Some very poor individual performances tonight.
Until Giles is back we lack anyone who can put a decent cross on.
Collins , terrible miss.
Only Philips did himself justice this evening

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Still not that impressed with collwil either. Goals he scored ladt hame not changing my mind. Early days for him I guess.

You know he went off at half-time...? :?

Hasn't putva foot wrong in the second half... ;)

A below par performance from the Bluebirds sees Coventry take all 3 points to send their support (and seemingly some of our own) home happy... :roll:

FINAL SCORE: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 pm

Onto the next.
2 away games in a few days, 3 points is alright. We all know the championship well enough now to know a few dire 1 0 losses away mid week is not the end of the world.