Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Coventry City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 am

Coventry City win (21/20)
21%
Cardiff City win (13/5)
59%
Draw (23/10)
21%

Total votes : 29

Re: Coventry goal

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:Push the centre backs up for a long throw, but then decide to go short?! Doesn’t make sense!!

Done thus several time and on each occasion we lost possession so they broke away that's where goal came from

Re: MATCH THREAD: " COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THR

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm

Coventry are good on the break, play at pace giving us problems.
We are still in the game but need to hold on to the ball longer.
The subs are weaker than first 11 ,so don’t see how we can up game in second half.
Good practice for Saturday against Bournemouth who play a good passing game.
Hoping for a better second half from the boys like Sunday at Forrest.
Come on you Bluebirds.

Re: Coventry goal

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:43 pm

Colwill give the ball away

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:47 pm

castleblue wrote:Very very poor 1st half and no complaints about the score. For me we look a disorganised rabble and seriously cannot see where we can get back into this.

Score the next goal mind and like Sunday it could be game on.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

agreed but look at the corners especially, 4 in box all going same direction, no other player within 15 yards of box and the ball drops around edge and they just scoop it up and attack again.

fecking dire, god knows what they do in training, cause it aint what they do on the pitch surely

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:48 pm

Yet another inept display by the City. We cannot hold on to the ball and it is like a hot potato at our feet. Colwill and Harris are non existent tonight and I feel extremely sorry for Moore. We do not seem to have a plan other than the long ball to Moore, and if that is not working like tonight, there does not appear to be a plan B. We are also dodgy at the back, and I cringe every time Nelson goes to tackle someone, as he invariably gives a needless free kick away. Also there is no link up play between defence and attack other than a high ball. Unfortunately, we don’t seem to have anyone on the bench tonight who can pep things up - I hope I’m proved wrong!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 pm

4281 wrote:Yet another inept display by the City. We cannot hold on to the ball and it is like a hot potato at our feet. Colwill and Harris are non existent tonight and I feel extremely sorry for Moore. We do not seem to have a plan other than the long ball to Moore, and if that is not working like tonight, there does not appear to be a plan B. We are also dodgy at the back, and I cringe every time Nelson goes to tackle someone, as he invariably gives a needless free kick away. Also there is no link up play between defence and attack other than a high ball. Unfortunately, we don’t seem to have anyone on the bench tonight who can pep things up - I hope I’m proved wrong!!

harris is crap, he's just warming himself up to going into hiding against swansea so he don;t upset his home town mates, like last year!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Moore would have more service playing for real betws north wales

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Mick clearly unhappy with what he's seen as Colwill and Harris are replaced by Bowen and Collins.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Sam Bowen and James Collins replace Rubin Colwill and Mark Harris at the start of the second half

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:53 pm

Lengee wrote:City very poor so far. No pace in the team and Coventry dealing with the high balls into the box. Lets hope M Mc C can find a way to change things. But I don’t know if there is any pace/ creativity on the bench?? :bluebird:

Yes, that pretty much sums it up. Passing is slow and our play predictable. Need to move the ball much quicker and play a bit more off the cuff.

Coventry have defended very well to be fair. They have dealt comfortably with our aerial threat. Keiffer has struggled to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Bench looks weak. Haven’t laid a glove yet.

Unless things change, this has 2-0 written all over it.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Oof.

Great work by Moore. Works some space on the byline to cross in for Bagan inside the six-yard box. Over.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:59 pm

Pack bends one over the bar from distance.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 pm

O'Hare wins a freekick just outside the corner of the box.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:02 pm

There have been some shocking performances tonight, but Nelson is just awful. He has Hulk Hands for feet. Absolute garbage!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:07 pm

Whipped in but Cardiff clear and it goes out for a throw.

Ball's eventually worked back in towards Gyokeres inside the box, but Cardiff get a foot on it and comes back off the striker for a goal kick.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:09 pm

We need to get in to this game more

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Coventry must be the cleanest side in football not sure if they have conceded a free kick after 60mins! :shock:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:10 pm

Our passing tonight is abysmal

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Waghorn thinks he's in, but a combination of Flint and Morrison is enough to take it from his toes, and Phillips smothers.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:12 pm

We can’t pass the ball, it looks terrible at this level.
Last edited by North Wales Blue on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bluebirds are searching but the balls into the box are nowhere near our target men

LATEST SCORE: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

fred keenor wrote:Our passing tonight is abysmal

It’s been like that for. While. Yet there are certain people on here who think we will be in or around the playoffs :laughing6: :laughing5:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:13 pm

Moore is booked for pulling back his man, much to the delight of the home crowd.

Coventry make a change as Kane comes on for Maatsen.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:13 pm

Is Nelson really better than McGuiness ? We have 3 centre backs and not one of them can pass the ball.

The othe problem is that we’re playing with 3 centre backs and 2 defensive wing backs which means midfield are getting overrun. I feel sorry for Vaulks and Pack they are outnumbered.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm

Keiffer Moore yellow carded for a second pulling (of the shirt) offence

LATEST SCORE: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm

This is not good...no pace to take on defenders not winning second balls Coventry passing it through us at will...I fear for us against Bournemouth if we play like this

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:15 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Is Nelson really better than McGuiness ? We have 3 centre backs and not one of them can pass the ball.

The othe problem is that we’re playing with 3 centre backs and 2 defensive wing backs which means midfield are getting overrun. I feel sorry for Vaulks and Pack they are outnumbered.

I think whoever plays, some will call for the 'other' guy to be on the pitch

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:15 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Is Nelson really better than McGuiness ? We have 3 centre backs and not one of them can pass the ball.

I put something similar to this earlier on. Glad I’m not the only one who can see it.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:18 pm

75th min: James Collins missed a beyond sitter and not even on target :cry:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 pm

How has he missed that!