Academy players doing well

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby wez1927 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Can't remember in a long time cardiff 1st team squad having so my homegrown or players that have come through our academy system in the 1st team, well done the academy all the investment in the last 10 years is starting to pay off .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Academy players doing well

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:Can't remember in a long time cardiff 1st team squad having so my homegrown or players that have come through our academy system in the 1st team, well done the academy all the investment in the last 10 years is starting to pay off .

Wez it's not easy for them being thrown in at deep end this season but given time they will only improve all of them as they adjust to the rigours of championship football. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby wez1927 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Can't remember in a long time cardiff 1st team squad having so my homegrown or players that have come through our academy system in the 1st team, well done the academy all the investment in the last 10 years is starting to pay off .

Wez it's not easy for them being thrown in at deep end this season but given time they will only improve all of them as they adjust to the rigours of championship football. :thumbup:
We were told by Bellamy a few years there was talent throughout the academy and it looks like he was right
wez1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Brilliant to see so many being involved.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We were told by Bellamy a few years there was talent throughout the academy and it looks like he was right

Yes and problem we had was the managers brought in wouldn't play them so how many have we let go who could have made it if given chance? mick was basically forced to play youngsters and they've stepped up and can only get better given time :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Pencoed » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:41 pm

What's Mccarthy done with Harris he's either coked up or some excellent Man management
Pencoed

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 am

Whether it was necessity or faith in the group of youngsters the club's transfer strategy looks to be paying dividends.

It's a big gamble but one I am loving.
llan bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 am

llan bluebird wrote:Whether it was necessity or faith in the group of youngsters the club's transfer strategy looks to be paying dividends.

It's a big gamble but one I am loving.

Agree for years the club got slammed for not bringing the kids through now we are and it's starting to pay off ,Colwill looks something special.
wez1927

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:53 am

There is another Colwill in the u18's as well - Joel Colwill

Mayembe, Zimba, Denham, Almeida - the next batch of youngsters coming through look exciting as well :ayatollah:
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:There is another Colwill in the u18's as well - Joel Colwill

Mayembe, Zimba, Denham, Almeida - the next batch of youngsters coming through look exciting as well :ayatollah:
at every age group we have talent ,hope they come through .
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:04 am

Pencoed wrote:What's Mccarthy done with Harris he's either coked up or some excellent Man management

Playing great, just needs that end product now .
wez1927

Return to General Chat