Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenton Utilities

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:18 pm

I was thinking this weekend about the 'good old days' and began to wonder where we'd be now IF the late Bob Grogan had survived long enough to complete the job he started. I WAS young at the time but seem to remember he was a proactive Chairman and wanted the club to move forward.

What do you think??

Re: Kenton Utilities

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Before my time! The first chairman I recall is rick wright, even though I was following the city before that time I don't remember anything about the previous chairmen as I was too young and only worried about the football. Oh to have them days!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:32 pm

We would probably have been taken over eventually by a foreign based Billionaire....

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:I was thinking this weekend about the 'good old days' and began to wonder where we'd be now IF the late Bob Grogan had survived long enough to complete the job he started. I WAS young at the time but seem to remember he was a proactive Chairman and wanted the club to move forward.

What do you think??

From what I remember he was just another chancer hoping to make a quick buck and use us as some tax evasion scheme. Football was not his prime objective. Didn't he buy a 10 seater aircraft to take the team to away matches.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:52 pm

bob grogan kept the club going, paid for all the ground improvement.
when he died jack leanoard took the piss and used the club for his own ends, ie the ten seater aircraft.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:05 pm

No, Grogan was a good guy. As the OP stated he just died! Hardly his fault :D

Rick Wright was a good guy too but man I was pissed when he put us up for sale (as he always said he would to be fair) after we won division three. I was steaming. That team Eddie May put together was class but then he had the rug pulled out from underneath him.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:12 am

damnedyank wrote:No, Grogan was a good guy. As the OP stated he just died! Hardly his fault :D

Rick Wright was a good guy too but man I was pissed when he put us up for sale (as he always said he would to be fair) after we won division three. I was steaming. That team Eddie May put together was class but then he had the rug pulled out from underneath him.

Yes, I agree with this one. Rick Wright was good for Cardiff City and then went and undid ALL the good work by walking away as he said he would. All seemed a bit pointless as he had the fans eating out of his hands and he made a fair few bob too....

:? :? :? :? :?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:23 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
damnedyank wrote:No, Grogan was a good guy. As the OP stated he just died! Hardly his fault :D

Yes, I agree with this one. Rick Wright was good for Cardiff City and then went and undid ALL the good work by walking away as he said he would. All seemed a bit pointless as he had the fans eating out of his hands and he made a fair few bob too....

:? :? :? :? :?

I was quite young at the time and just remember being gutted and thinking WTF? That team walked the third but then stant went to bury for a pittance, paul ramsey went back to scotland, chris pike went to hereford and it was barren years with the likes of Charlie Oatway, richie carpenter and jimmy rollo until sam showed up

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 am

Sven Ghali wrote:I was thinking this weekend about the 'good old days' and began to wonder where we'd be now IF the late Bob Grogan had survived long enough to complete the job he started. I WAS young at the time but seem to remember he was a proactive Chairman and wanted the club to move forward.

What do you think??

I met him a few times, Genuine person and was willing to move down here from Newcastle to give City his full attention, But he sadly died and his Son and Kenton Utilities had No interest in The City.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:39 am

It wasn't Bob Grogan that had the 10 seater aircraft that was Tony Clemo.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: