Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: VACCINE PASSPORTS

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 am

TheHangedMan wrote:There's one thing I cannot get my head around and I'm sure I've asked a similar question before, but never receieved a qualified response.

If you are vaccinated (which I agree with, if that is YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE), why do you worry about others who make a different choice?

Going by the data that the pro COVID vaccine camp will spout, it does not stop you catching the virus and it does not stop you transmitting it!

So......why do you think that anybody who decides the vaccine is not for them should be prohibited from anything that others can do?

Believe me, I've tried to get my head around the alternative view to me, but nothing stacks up as logic. :bluebird:

I respect your views you've had them from day one and mean what you say which is good!

I don't mind people not wanting the vaccine it is there prerogative, the only negative is that it leaves the country at greater risk of the NHS becoming overwhelmed, if that happens I can't go down the pub or to the football or do wherever I want.

It does REDUCE transmission and does REDUCE the chances of you catching it, so that is important in fighting the delta variant. If we could get 100% vaccination the situation in the UK would be a lot better but that never going to happen.

I backed vaccine passports as way to encourage people that aren't really against vaccines but hadn't got around to it to have them and increase the vaccination rate so that the NHS can cope and we can avoid lockdowns.

I don't think there are really many people that wanted you banned from football etc, but I think they were happy for the government to test your resolve !

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:30 am

Bluebina wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:There's one thing I cannot get my head around and I'm sure I've asked a similar question before, but never receieved a qualified response.

If you are vaccinated (which I agree with, if that is YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE), why do you worry about others who make a different choice?

Going by the data that the pro COVID vaccine camp will spout, it does not stop you catching the virus and it does not stop you transmitting it!

So......why do you think that anybody who decides the vaccine is not for them should be prohibited from anything that others can do?

Believe me, I've tried to get my head around the alternative view to me, but nothing stacks up as logic. :bluebird:

I respect your views you've had them from day one and mean what you say which is good!

I don't mind people not wanting the vaccine it is there prerogative, the only negative is that it leaves the country at greater risk of the NHS becoming overwhelmed, if that happens I can't go down the pub or to the football or do wherever I want.

It does REDUCE transmission and does REDUCE the chances of you catching it, so that is important in fighting the delta variant. If we could get 100% vaccination the situation in the UK would be a lot better but that never going to happen.

I backed vaccine passports as way to encourage people that aren't really against vaccines but hadn't got around to it to have them and increase the vaccination rate so that the NHS can cope and we can avoid lockdowns.

I don't think there are really many people that wanted you banned from football etc, but I think they were happy for the government to test your resolve !

Mic drop.

Those not getting vaccinations out of choice risk putting us back to lockdown.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:40 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

I've asked you before Maccy, and I'll ask again, do you in anyway work for this Govt., Social Healthcare, NHS or any other public funded body? Paid or unpaid? Just asking like.....? :bluebird:

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:52 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

I've asked you before Maccy, and I'll ask again, do you in anyway work for this Govt., Social Healthcare, NHS or any other public funded body? Paid or unpaid? Just asking like.....? :bluebird:

And as I answered before I work for the Queen and volunteer as a vaccinator. Mainly as I want to do my bit to get us out of this pandemic.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:51 pm

maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

And as I answered before I work for the Queen and volunteer as a vaccinator. Mainly as I want to do my bit to get us out of this pandemic.

Thanks for your candid response Maccy and I'm sure anyone who wishes to get vaccinated will be aided by you.

When it comes to opinions and spin, you may not be the most neutral elephant in the room. Just a thought.

When I make that statement I am not being crass, it's an observation I have seen many a time with medical pro's I know.....ranging from cleaning staff to a trauma surgeon. When I have expressed concern, it get's dismissed, as if I do not have a clue what I am talking about.

When I show them evidence of a different view, it is dismissed out of hand, as if am the guy bringing the disease down on them!! It's really wierd because it seems like there is some robotic narrative that has been put into people, and any other view is shouted down as if we are not here. Just my observations...... :bluebird:

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:14 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

Thanks for your candid response Maccy and I'm sure anyone who wishes to get vaccinated will be aided by you.

When it comes to opinions and spin, you may not be the most neutral elephant in the room. Just a thought.

When I make that statement I am not being crass, it's an observation I have seen many a time with medical pro's I know.....ranging from cleaning staff to a trauma surgeon. When I have expressed concern, it get's dismissed, as if I do not have a clue what I am talking about.

When I show them evidence of a different view, it is dismissed out of hand, as if am the guy bringing the disease down on them!! It's really wierd because it seems like there is some robotic narrative that has been put into people, and any other view is shouted down as if we are not here. Just my observations...... :bluebird:

I volunteered to become a volunteer well after having my vaccination. Before that I did lots of research and then this was re-inforced when I did my training to become a vaccinator.

I also figured that if those like Van Tam and Chris Whitty have had their vaccination that’s plenty good enough for me.

I work for the Queen in the Armed Forces. Totally neutral mate.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:24 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

The internets seems to have killed almost all of the neutral elephants. They are an endangered species now.

We should have stooped at cat videos, we would all be much happier.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:02 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

Baaaaaaaa

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

Baaaaaaaa

Is that your (typically) subtle way of saying I’m a sheep?

It’s the truth. If hospital cases rise to an unmanageable level due to Covid then we will go back into lockdown. If you can’t see that then you are actually quite dangerous.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213752

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:50 pm

Decision being made on Friday as to whether Wales joins Scotland in having vaccine passport..... if its brought in it's just a case of take it or leave it not much else can do as it will be drakefords law.. :old:
Let's just hope he doesn't do so but wont hold breath as he tends to do opposite to what boris does . :o

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:59 pm

maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mic drop.

Baaaaaaaa

Is that your (typically) subtle way of saying I’m a sheep?

It’s the truth. If hospital cases rise to an unmanageable level due to Covid then we will go back into lockdown. If you can’t see that then you are actually quite dangerous.

Here some ops have been stopped because covid cases are beginning to effect capacity in local hospitals.... we wont go into another lockdown "hopefully " but will have restrictions placed on us if gets to a certain point that as been stated by the leaders.... but undoubtedly the blame will be put on those vaccinated causing the unvaccinated to be restricted due to vaccinated people giving others covid.... :D

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 am

ITS COMING FROM 11TH OCT..

BBC News - Covid vaccine and test passes to be introduced in Wales
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-58596128

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:ITS COMING FROM 11TH OCT..

It's quite simple a vaccinated person is less likely to catch covid (efficacy).

This makes a room (or stadium in this case) full of vaccinated people a safer space than a room of unvaccinated people.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:59 am

Welshcake wrote:

This makes a room (or stadium in this case) full of vaccinated people a safer space than a room of unvaccinated people.

Careful with that good sense talk.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Double jabbed or negative test within 48 hours. No doubt that means we’re living in 1984 to some :?

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Just applied for mine via my mobile.
I had to take a photo of my driving license (other options) and record a short video of myself repeating 4 numbers that appeared on the screen.
At the end it said "Thank you - we are checking your information and will tell me via e-mail if my information passed checks or not which can take ups to 24 hours".

I applied just in case the club needs us to show the pass to get into the stadium as the rules now say "you will need a covid pass to get in to any event with more than 10,000 people"

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
Welshcake wrote:

Its coming in all over Europe Italy you need it to go to work!! Not sure it's way forward but it is what it is and got to be seen to be doing something to slow infections down....... people wont be happy but like everyone else we all make personal choices and have to live with that... and before get slated about people who are unable to get jabbed there are provisions within system to accommodate them? And I dont mean a funny hat on head with flashing lights saying got gobblygook syndrome so cant have vaccine...

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
Welshcake wrote:

So if its a negative test needed,whose to know if the whole stadium IS double jabbed? How much are these tests likely to cost? As i cannot have the jab, the cost for me will become prohibitive over a season!! So looks like I am being cast aside with no thought in all honesty! There are 10's of thousands like me in this coutry, that will have our lives restricted from now on, all because we cannot be jabbed?? And due to the costs involved, of being tested, everytime I fancy going somewhere where theres a crowd, will be FORCED to miss out, due to the cost of testing each time!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:24 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshcake wrote:

So if its a negative test needed,whose to know if the whole stadium IS double jabbed? How much are these tests likely to cost? As i cannot have the jab, the cost for me will become prohibitive over a season!! So looks like I am being cast aside with no thought in all honesty! There are 10's of thousands like me in this coutry, that will have our lives restricted from now on, all because we cannot be jabbed?? And due to the costs involved, of being tested, everytime I fancy going somewhere where theres a crowd, will be FORCED to miss out, due to the cost of testing each time!!

Quite clearly those who cannot be jabbed should be treated differently to those who choose not to have it.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshcake wrote:

Lateral Flow tests are free

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:32 pm

Canton Kev wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Welshcake wrote:

Lateral Flow tests are free

Can you use the lateral flow test kit which you can obtain from local chemists and if so, who verifies the negative result to be updated on your app? Anyone know the answer?

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Theres no nhs wales app.apparantly we have to keep logging in to update the passport.
just done mine.you need nhs number or full name .photo id and complete a short video.
then wait up to 72 hours .great

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm

stickywicket wrote:Theres no nhs wales app.apparantly we have to keep logging in to update the passport.
just done mine.you need nhs number or full name .photo id and complete a short video.
then wait up to 72 hours .great

Yep, just did it myself. Actually got sent the link to my pass within an hour , downloaded it into my wallet, sorted. Very easy and quick.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:01 am

Quite simple to complete, but lots of older fans without smart phones etc , i just dont see them bothering TBH.