Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' KIEFFER MOORE BID being lined up '

Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:27 am

a 3 pager on a pretty dubious rumour...... think it shows how thin on the ground this window has been even for rumours...

Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:53 am

skidemin wrote:a 3 pager on a pretty dubious rumour...... think it shows how thin on the ground this window has been even for rumours...

Or how keen people are to slate the club

Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:36 am

The rumour is everywhere…… but it’s come from just one source - football insider. I’d like to know how reliable the site is.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:52 am

skidemin wrote:a 3 pager on a pretty dubious rumour...... think it shows how thin on the ground this window has been even for rumours...

And one which you couldn't resist jumping on; even in a non-contributory way, eh? ;)

The reality is that no club have yet approached, never mind made an offer; but it could happen and the normal members on here are debating the merits of sale or keep

What's your opinion, now you've joined in, fella...?

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:22 am

maccydee wrote:

Or how keen people are to slate the club

Yep a lot of that going on, it's a rumour with no substance and probably won't happen anyway!

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:25 pm

I have heard from a variety of sources that the clubs finances are such that they would probably accept any mediocre offer but having said that lets look at the facts:

a) Kieffer is returning from a spell out and has not played a huge number of minutes
b) At the moment he is not playing 90 mins of football in the Championship - let alone being ready for the Premier
c) He has only scored 1 goal this season.

From Wolves perspective does this sound like the sort of player they would be looking for?

and from Kieffer perspective. He wants to play football. He wants to play for Wales. Does anyone here really think he will be happy warming the bench for Wolves and potentially missing out on future Wales caps?

For me, whilst the club maybe willing to sell, I cannot see this deal going through for the reasons above.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I have heard from a variety of sources that the clubs finances are such that they would probably accept any mediocre offer but having said that lets look at the facts:

a) Kieffer is returning from a spell out and has not played a huge number of minutes
b) At the moment he is not playing 90 mins of football in the Championship - let alone being ready for the Premier

From Wolves perspective does this sound like the sort of player they would be looking for?

and from Kieffer perspective. He wants to play football. He wants to play for Wales. Does anyone here really think he will be happy warming the bench for Wolves and potentially missing out on future Wales caps?

For me, whilst the club maybe willing to sell, I cannot see this deal going through for the reasons above.

If we were buying then a,b&c above would make him worth about 10 quid & a packet of crisps as his career is almost done, but he's our player so some on here think he's worth 15 million. Either view is crazy but it makes for a fun discussion & it is only a rumor.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Sven wrote:

And one which you couldn't resist jumping on; even in a non-contributory way, eh? ;)

The reality is that no club have yet approached, never mind made an offer; but it could happen and the normal members on here are debating the merits of sale or keep

well done on figuring out the no approach no offer bit... :thumbup:
my opinion on that ? i dont have one or do i have an opinion on the merits of selling other players for fictional fees we have not received offers for....

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:12 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I have heard from a variety of sources that the clubs finances are such that they would probably accept any mediocre offer but having said that lets look at the facts:

Money talks. Id imagine he'd be quite happy doubling his weekly wage. His stock is the highest its ever been, so this might be his only chance at prem football. If true of course. Wolves seems a bit random though.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:19 pm

But it is a great rumour :thumbup:

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

But it is a great rumour :thumbup:

obviously

Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Escott1927 wrote:

Money talks. Id imagine he'd be quite happy doubling his weekly wage. His stock is the highest its ever been, so this might be his only chance at prem football. If true of course. Wolves seems a bit random though.

I made this point earlier.

For a footballer who has made very basic money (by footballing terms) over his career I’m sure he’d jump at the chance to double or treble his salary with only a few years left to play.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:14 pm

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:

well done on figuring out the no approach no offer bit... :thumbup:
my opinion on that ? i dont have one or do i have an opinion on the merits of selling other players for fictional fees we have not received offers for....

Then anything you say on this thread is pointless, including your opening (quote): "a 3 pager on a pretty dubious rumour...... think it shows how thin on the ground this window has been even for rumours"

I just pointed things out that you selectively choose to ignore and you're having a mare of late... :oops:

Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:19 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

For a footballer who has made very basic money (by footballing terms) over his career I’m sure he’d jump at the chance to double or treble his salary with only a few years left to play.

From Keiffer's point of view, it woukd be a no-brainer, Paul :thumbright:

Paul Keevil makes some good points and from a supporter perspective, I hope he stays...

Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:39 pm

Is Moore the object of an auction.?

Someone needs to reign in their excesses.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:49 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Is Moore the object of an auction.?

Someone needs to reign in their excesses.

:thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:49 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Agree if moore wants to go basically there's not really much cardiff can do tbh ,good luck to him if he does just hope we get a really good price and replace him .

Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:05 pm

reading MM comments, stating it would be disastrous to sell KM this late in the window, suggests there may be more to this than just paper internet talk.

Dalman will have a job putting any positive spin on this. That is if he ever turns up at CC stadium :lol: again

Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:52 pm

Well, we’d better have a good replacement lined up ready to join the City before the expiry of the transfer deadline - should Moore depart. Absolutely no good for the club and it’s supporters if he leaves without an alternative arriving.