Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Carl re Fan Safety

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Carl, can you mention to your contact at the club my concerns re the players taking shots at the temporary goal by the corner of the Canton Stand.
As most of you have probabaly noticed, part of the outfield players pre match warm up involves them taking shots at the goalkepers in the temporary goal.
Some of the players really belt the ball towards goal and unfortunately on occassions miss the target.
This results in spectators in the Canton Stand ducking for cover.
On Saturday a young girl was hit in the face by one of the wayward shots and appeared to be quite distressed.
Fortunately after medical attention she was ok.
In light of spectator safety is it possible for the club to place a temporary safety net behind the goal to avoid such incidents in the future?

Phil.

Re: FAO Carl re Fan Safety

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 pm

thats why i go outside and have a cigarette half time :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:46 pm

PT Bluebird wrote:Carl, can you mention to your contact at the club my concerns re the players taking shots at the temporary goal by the corner of the Canton Stand.
As most of you have probabaly noticed, part of the outfield players pre match warm up involves them taking shots at the goalkepers in the temporary goal.
Some of the players really belt the ball towards goal and unfortunately on occassions miss the target.
This results in spectators in the Canton Stand ducking for cover.
On Saturday a young girl was hit in the face by one of the wayward shots and appeared to be quite distressed.
Fortunately after medical attention she was ok.
In light of spectator safety is it possible for the club to place a temporary safety net behind the goal to avoid such incidents in the future?

Phil.

Phil I will be meeting with Gethin Jenkins soon and I will certainly bring it to the club's attention.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:48 pm

:roll: :roll:

stick to eggby

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Cheers mate.
Would hate to see someone get really hurt thats all.