Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RESERVE TEAM GAMES

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:40 pm

i think it would be a great idea if cardiff started playing reserve game friendlies everyweek or everyother week against welsh league clubs. division one to division three clubs. e.g. tredegar town, caerau ely, abertillery bluebirds etc etc! ... it would give cardiff players an easy run out against players who would never ever get the chance to play against such great players. if the games were played at the away ground it would generate a nice bit of support too. .... the only downside i suppose is idiot players trying to make a name for themselves with stupid challenges. but i for one would love to see city playing tredegar town on tredegars lush football surface!

Re: RESERVE TEAM GAMES

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm

i also think it would be great advertizing for city too with old bartley mixing in with the local kids and maybe first team players attending and signing autographs and stuff!

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Ridsdale and DJ were always against that idea, I would like to think DJ has changed is mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ridsdale and DJ were always against that idea, I would like to think DJ has changed is mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

the only problem is annis, is those idiot type of people who try to make a name for themselves .... i remember merthyr playing tredegar town in 1991 and a tredegar player smashing into tommy hutchinson and getting sent off. i was actually embarrassed to be a tredegar boy that day. the game was for a local tredegar man to that was killed in an accident.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:02 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ridsdale and DJ were always against that idea, I would like to think DJ has changed is mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

the only problem is annis, is those idiot type of people who try to make a name for themselves .... i remember merthyr playing tredegar town in 1991 and a tredegar player smashing into tommy hutchinson and getting sent off. i was actually embarrassed to be a tredegar boy that day. the game was for a local tredegar man to that was killed in an accident.

True, that happens a lot, DJ Stopped Our Scottish Away Friendlies because off players like that.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Maybe you could have a word Annis and they could play aamb fc we are always looking for friendlies :D :ayatollah: :lol: