Comments Please

best of an average bunch :ayatollah:

alan curtis his no.2 :roll:

Re: THE NEW WALES MANAGER

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:50 pm

I thought he worked better with the kids :ayatollah: :shock:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm

is he just caretaker manager until they find a new manager!! i think brian flynn has done wonders with the under 21 squad, but I would also like to see a younger manager come in now with flynn assisting them!!

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:52 pm

a nice guy, good football head, could be a surprise package.... as with any manager tho results on the pitch will be the real judge but i wish him well :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Ok on an interim purpose but if the FAW are serious about qualifying for a major tournement they need to spend money and invest in a good quality manager i say go for Martin O,neil

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:42 pm

I thought they would "break the bank" to try and get O'Neil. (wishful thinking :D ).
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:11 pm

There was only really Coleman and Flynn in it. Flynn deserves a chance, cause of the success he has had wiht ther U21's

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:38 pm

the only candidate really, especially considering he brought most of our senor squad thru the u21's, keep roy as his assistant i think is the best option for the time being.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:45 pm

He is only stand in until a new manager is appointed. I think he is the right guy to step in for now and it will give us a chance to see if he can do a good job. If he does I can see him getting it full time.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:29 am

Easy option for the FAW and one you cant really argue with, if he wins both games....choice is obvious.

If things dont go well? they drop him back down and bring in someone else?

Personally I think Flynn can do an ok job but I think he will be missed at U21 more, he would stay at U21 until he wants to quit football. After being full manager would be step back down (if it was extended after the two games?) I dont think so and I think that would be wales loss.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:43 am

Lets be honest if he gets 2 points or more he’ll get the job. He’ll probably get it even if we lost both games. It’s a sad state of affairs that we can’t attract anyone with a decent pedigree to the job.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Bowmonster wrote:I thought he worked better with the kids :ayatollah: :shock:
kinky ;)

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:11 pm

cheap and cheerfull :lol:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:33 pm

uninspiring

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 pm

My question to everyone who disagree's with the FAW on this is...

Why shouldn't Brian Flynn be able to manage the squad he built up himself?

... In my opinion this is the best appointment the FAW had on offer. Watch us grow with Flynny! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 pm

I am so f*cking glad it's not Chris Coleman! I wanted someone new and fresh but to be honest it's not a bad appointment. No-one can really say anything against Flynn. So what? He lacks experience? He can earn that now! Let's judge him after two games. I'm hoping to make the Bulgaria game. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 982363.stm

The picture makes me laugh though :lol:

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Is Brian Flynn,

Comments Please

Best of a bad bunch (my preferred choice mind) and will do enough to keep the job....then we'll tail off again.

Can't do any worse than the last bloke though....and it'll be nice to see some of the 'old guard' back. It's been a while since we saw the likes of Ratcliffe, Hughes and Rush in a Wales shirt!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: