Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:47 am

UPDATED: Monday 2nd August 2021

Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me
The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!

The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:

Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.

Again I believe we have signed another player which could be announced pretty soon, no idea of the position he plays and no name has been mentioned to me. If Brown does go then there will be a new CB brought in as MM will be wanting to be playing the 3 CB formation, with more cover.

And finally we are interested in a few more players to come in.

But it will mean one or two leaving and that does not include Whyte and Brown.
You can believe this or not and you are welcome to come back if any of it does not pan out and give me all the stick you like, as what I said at the begining of the post, nothing is assured until it's on the official site, but I am feeling very positive about the coming season :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEW SIGNINGS

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:08 am

Cheers for the info Rog
I’d never come back and give you stick if it went t1ts up.
Hope the 9 is a speedster maybe even a wide player as I feel we’re lacking a bit of pace atm. Hope the other one is a midfielder with a bit of flair.
We live in hope eh :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:12 am

I’m still on hold and there’s a Villa fan at the pool who’s been telling me that according to their forum we’ve been after a forward of theirs called Keenan Davies? It sounded like that anyway as I’d had a few beers.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:18 am

I felt this might be the case when the squad numbers were announced with no number 9. Keegan Davies would appear to tick a lot of boxes and as yet no loans so possible. We'll see.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:24 am

Villa wanting to bring in a replacement before announcing it could explain they delay. Be a good signing

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:27 am

This is a non-lose post :P Most people would know we’re going to sign more players, especially a number 9 since the kit number is open. I’m excited for the coming season also.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:40 am

Igovernor wrote:Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.

Again I believe we have signed another player which could be announced pretty soon, no idea of the position he plays and no name has been mentioned to me. If Brown does go then there will be a new CB brought in as MM will be wanting to be playing the 3 CB formation, with more cover.

You can believe this or not and you are welcome to come back if any of it does not pan out and give me all the stick you like, as what I said at the begining of the post, nothing is assured until it's on the official site, but I am feeling very positive about the coming season :thumbup:

Hoping the number 9 is Dwight gayle

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS '

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:54 am

Gez Wes have you got your Santa hat on. :lol:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:59 am

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.

Wez probably Dwight York :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:10 am

There is a Keinan Davies playing for Aston Villa. The good news is he has played 72 times for Villa in the championship and premier league the not so good news is he has only scored 3 goals in 72 league games plus 3 more in cup competitions. Is a centre forwad and seems to be rated highly by Villa despite the poor number of goals.

Would suggest looking at his record in paticular his goal scoring record he is not good enough for the premier league but might be decent for a championship club. Would be useful cover for Moore and Collins.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:13 am

Crayfish wrote:There is a Keinan Davies playing for Aston Villa. The good news is he has played 72 times for Villa in the championship and premier league the not so good news is he has only scored 3 goals in 72 league games plus 3 more in cup competitions. Is a centre forwad and seems to be rated highly by Villa despite the poor number of goals.

Would suggest looking at his record in paticular his goal scoring record he is not good enough for the premier league but might be decent for a championship club. Would be useful cover for Moore and Collins.

The Villa fan said he’s a good player. I asked about goal scoring record and he said most of his appearances have been for 5-10 mins at end of games. He also said that he seems to be appreciated by the Villa fans. Make of that what you will.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:22 am

If your info is incorrect would you call that "a false 9?" ;)

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:00 am

Great piece Rog, you must be in the know :occasion5:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:13 am

Rog we are still waiting for koumas mind lol

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:18 am

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez probably Dwight York :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

:lol:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:45 pm

If this is true (I'm not saying it isn't true mind) then I'm wondering if it's Moore that will be out of the door?

To go from 'scrimping and saving' so to speak to bringing in 3 or so more gets you wondering where the money is coming from.

I'm also worried he hasn't played yet - I know he was at the Euros and is recovering from Covid but shouldn't he be on the mend if Covid was confirmed last Saturday?

Just thinking out loud

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm

Murphy and vaulks out of contract end of season

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:33 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:If this is true (I'm not saying it isn't true mind) then I'm wondering if it's Moore that will be out of the door?

To go from 'scrimping and saving' so to speak to bringing in 3 or so more gets you wondering where the money is coming from.

I'm also worried he hasn't played yet - I know he was at the Euros and is recovering from Covid but shouldn't he be on the mend if Covid was confirmed last Saturday?

Just thinking out loud

i dont think your the only one thinking it.....

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:16 am

Obviously it's BALE

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:54 am

He’s coming home he’s coming home, Bale is coming home. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:10 am

Not making light of your post Rog, but just thought I would have some fun, like few on here there is no truth in it. But it would be interesting if his management team put out a release to stop people wasting there money on betting.

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:38 pm

EL JEFE wrote:Not making light of your post Rog, but just thought I would have some fun, like few on here there is no truth in it. But it would be interesting if his management team put out a release to stop people wasting there money on betting.

What is this suppposed to mean???

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:
EL JEFE wrote:Not making light of your post Rog, but just thought I would have some fun, like few on here there is no truth in it. But it would be interesting if his management team put out a release to stop people wasting there money on betting.

Hes referring to bale undoubtedly... but no idea what's it got to do with your post? Mind you no 9 shirt available... :laughing6:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Hes referring to bale undoubtedly... but no idea what's it got to do with your post? Mind you no 9 shirt available... :laughing6:[/quote
Allan that is what I thought :thumbup:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:43 pm

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Hes referring to bale undoubtedly... but no idea what's it got to do with your post? Mind you no 9 shirt available... :laughing6:[/quote

Agree. An odd post but we know the name of the number 9 being linked is not widely known and it won't be this week either...

Intriguing indeed... ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:29 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Agree. An odd post but we know the name of the number 9 being linked is not widely known and it won't be this week either...

Chris and so it goes, odd indeed :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:36 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Odd? It will be less odd if someone tried putting a left shoe on his right foot! :laughing6:
Why as real not given a player a number and why have we got avacant shirt number at 9? :lol:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Odd? It will be less odd if someone tried putting a left shoe on his right foot! :laughing6:
Why as real not given a player a number and why have we got avacant shirt number at 9? NOW that is odd :laughing5:

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:39 pm

Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me
The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!

The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:02 pm

Igovernor wrote:Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me

Good news on the signings :thumbright:

Big challenge for us will be keeping hold of Moore if teams come in for him towards the end of the window.