Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HARRY WILSON:"I JOINED FULHAM BECAUSE OF THEIR AMBITION"

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:43 am

HARRY WILSON:"I JOINED FULHAM BECAUSE OF THEIR AMBITION"

By Glen Williams

Monday 26th July 2021

Harry Wilson seals move to Fulham from Liverpool

Harry Wilson has completed a move from Liverpool to Fulham in a deal believed to be worth £10m.

The Wales international spent all of last season on loan at Cardiff City and scored seven goals and provided 12 assists throughout the course of the campaign.

Cardiff had expressed an interest in taking him back on loan, but it was always thought that he would sign permanently elsewhere this summer.

And Fulham have won the race for the 24-year-old's signature, signing a long-term deal which will keep him at the club until 2026.

Wilson spoke of his desire to get Fulham back up to the Premier League and revealed that what manager Marco Silva had to say during a phone call with him was a "massive" factor in his decision to join the Cottagers.

HARRY WILSON:

"I'm delighted to sign for Fulham," Wilson said.

"The ambition of the club to get back into the Premier League appealed to me as that's where we all want to be and Fulham want to get their."

"From my first chat with the gaffer on the phone, I loved what he was saying and felt that he understood me as a player, and that played a massive role in me coming here.

"The ambition of the club to get back into the Premier League appealed to me as that's where we all want to be. I'm hoping I can come here, have a good season and help get the club back into the Premier League."