Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John Terry to the jacks

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:10 am

Just left villa

Re: John Terry to the jacks

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:44 am

I’m on hols and just said this to a Villa fan who’s 4 sun beds away from me. He said that his message board is saying that the official line is something like ‘he wants to leave now and look for a managers job rather than leave villa in the lurch’. The guy said he’s not done a lot at Villa and when in the championship in particular, the defence that he was in charge of sorting out, was poor. He said that he wouldn’t miss JT if he left.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:45 am

I'm well happy if this happens

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:46 am

bluebird7291 wrote:I'm well happy if this happens

Yes, me too. Terry as manager with Beaker as the number two :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:08 am

Aston Villa assistant manager John Terry has been "categorically ruled out" of the vacant manager's position at Swansea City, BirminghamLive has been told.

Terry, 40, was missing from Villa's 4-0 pre-season win at Walsall last night with supporters quick to question his absence knowing Swans boss Steve Cooper resigned just prior to Villa's match at the Banks's Stadium.

"Swansea do not interest me, i am not saying where my future is at this moment, but its not Swansea."

"I’ve turned down two jobs since I’ve been here. Decent-sized clubs. But it’s going to take something special for me to leave here."

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Aston Villa assistant manager John Terry has been "categorically ruled out" of the vacant manager's position at Swansea City, BirminghamLive has been told.

Terry, 40, was missing from Villa's 4-0 pre-season win at Walsall last night with supporters quick to question his absence knowing Swans boss Steve Cooper resigned just prior to Villa's match at the Banks's Stadium.

"Swansea do not interest me, i am not saying where my future is at this moment, but its not Swansea."

"I’ve turned down two jobs since I’ve been here. Decent-sized clubs. But it’s going to take something special for me to leave here."

Can’t blame him, he knows a sh1thole when he sees one :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:00 am

He'd fit in well down there. His mum would have a field day! :D

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:06 am

Jody Morris
Russell Martin
Chris Wilder
Alan Tate are favourites in that order so far?
Last edited by Bluebina on Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:08 am

Bluebina wrote:Jody Morris
Russell Martin
Chris Wilder
Alan Tate are favourites in that order so far

Martin turned them down according to planet swamp preferred to stay where he was. There’s also rumours there that Morris has also said no. Beaker is ready!!!! :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:10 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Russell Martin
Chris Wilder

Martin turned them down according to planet swamp preferred to stay where he was. There’s also rumours there that Morris has also said no. Beaker is ready!!!! :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

I just saw Martin has turned them down, it really is starting to look like Tate could get it, brilliant :ayatollah: :thumbup: :laughing6:

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:13 am

Bluebina wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Russell Martin
Chris Wilder

I just saw Martin has turned them down, it really is starting to look like Tate could get it, brilliant :ayatollah: :thumbup: :laughing6:

Makes you wonder whether the offers made (if any) were really that genuine and they wanted the cheaper option (ginger Cnut) all along. Talk about a match made in heaven :wave: