A SECOND NO : “ SWANSEA CITY SNUBBED / ITS A NO “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:52 pm

UPDATED: Tuesday 27 / 07 /21

Swansea after numerous NO'S have now interviewed.

Swansea City have held talks with former Chelsea assistant Jody Morris as they continue their search for a new head coach.

Talks between both parties are understood to be ongoing, although sources have indicated there is at least one other candidate in the frame to take over from previous boss Steve Cooper.

Further talks are likely over the next few days, although it seems there's no imminent breakthrough on an appointment, with Alan Tate still expected to take charge of Wednesday's pre-season clash with Forest Green Rovers.

UPDATED: SWANSEA TURNED DOWN AGAIN

Aston Villa assistant manager John Terry has been "categorically ruled out" of the vacant manager's position at Swansea City, BirminghamLive has been told.

Terry, 40, was missing from Villa's 4-0 pre-season win at Walsall last night with supporters quick to question his absence knowing Swans boss Steve Cooper resigned just prior to Villa's match at the Banks's Stadium.

"Swansea do not interest me, i am not saying where my future is at this moment, but its not Swansea."

"I’ve turned down two jobs since I’ve been here. Decent-sized clubs. But it’s going to take something special for me to leave here."

PLUS:

John Eustace: Queens Park Rangers assistant boss snubs Swansea City manager offer and prefers to stay as assistant at QPR.

Eustace was interviewed for the first team manager at Swansea and was offered the job.

BBC

Sunday 25th July 2021

The Championship club had been confident the Queens Park Rangers assistant boss would take charge at the Liberty Stadium following the departure of Steve Cooper.

But Eustace has had a change of heart and the 41-year-old told Swansea he does not want the job.

Swansea must now restart their search for a boss with the new season less than a fortnight away.

The Welsh club had expected former Kidderminster Harriers boss Eustace to tie up his switch to Wales following QPR's friendly win over Manchester United on Saturday.

However, Eustace is thought to have contacted Swans chief executive Julian Winter on Sunday to tell him the move was off.
Attachments
9539215D-F19D-4F40-9145-47DAE65F3CC4.jpeg
9539215D-F19D-4F40-9145-47DAE65F3CC4.jpeg (27.8 KiB) Viewed 12035 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING: “ SWANSEA CITY SNUBBED / ITS A NO “

Postby Escott1927 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:John Eustace: Queens Park Rangers assistant boss snubs Swansea City manager offer and prefers to stay as assistant at QPR.

Eustace was interviewed for the first team manager at Swansea and was offered the job.

BBC

Sunday 25th July 2021

The Championship club had been confident the Queens Park Rangers assistant boss would take charge at the Liberty Stadium following the departure of Steve Cooper.

But Eustace has had a change of heart and the 41-year-old told Swansea he does not want the job.

Swansea must now restart their search for a boss with the new season less than a fortnight away.

The Welsh club had expected former Kidderminster Harriers boss Eustace to tie up his switch to Wales following QPR's friendly win over Manchester United on Saturday.

However, Eustace is thought to have contacted Swans chief executive Julian Winter on Sunday to tell him the move was off.

Wasn't this meant to have been 'sorted' a few weeks ago? Hell of a set back if that's who they were banking on coming in.
Escott1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:20 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:John Eustace: Queens Park Rangers assistant boss snubs Swansea City manager offer and prefers to stay as assistant at QPR.

BBC

Sunday 25th July 2021

Wasn't this meant to have been 'sorted' a few weeks ago? Hell of a set back if that's who they were banking on coming in.

Well they did shortlist him at time of getting cooper ! but cooper declined extending contract and now this so suspect something not right with clubs plans.... but must be a setback for them.
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

BBC

Sunday 25th July 2021

Well they did shortlist him at time of getting cooper ! but cooper declined extending contract and now this so suspect something not right with clubs plans.... but must be a setback for them.

Shame :laughing6:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:31 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

BBC

Sunday 25th July 2021

Shame :laughing6:

Yes but knowing them they'll come up smelling of roses instead of horses manure :D
pembroke allan

Postby Crayfish » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:53 pm

Seems odd to want to be a number two at QPR rather than number one at Swansea. He can't be to impressed with Swanseas prospects.
Crayfish

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:59 pm

Crayfish wrote:Seems odd to want to be a number two at QPR rather than number one at Swansea. He can't be to impressed with Swanseas prospects.

Location, location, location...! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Jock » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Neil Lennon is available
Jock

Postby Escott1927 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

BBC

Sunday 25th July 2021

I read online (could have been shite mind) that they had already found coopers replacement a few weeks ago. If this was their guy, and he's turned them down today, its not ideal when the league kicks off in 2 weeks. Shame.
Escott1927

Postby stickywicket » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:10 pm

Jock wrote:Neil Lennon is available

James/Hartson
stickywicket

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:52 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

BBC

Sunday 25th July 2021

I read online (could have been shite mind) that they had already found coopers replacement a few weeks ago. If this was their guy, and he's turned them down today, its not ideal when the league kicks off in 2 weeks. Shame.

Well they knew cooper wasnt going to stay so expect they lined up eustace when they announced coopers departure it was announced eustace would be taking over but obviously had change heart? But very odd that he prefers being a no2 to being the boss?
pembroke allan

Postby New Day Rising » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:00 pm

Step up Chris Coleman
New Day Rising

Postby Igovernor » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:10 pm

Jody Morris
Igovernor

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 pm

Now there's a match made in heaven...! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skidemin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:22 pm

Sven wrote:

my money is still on Toshack Junior..

they havent got the money to bring in a name...even if the name is Lennon...
skidemin

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:58 pm

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:

my money is still on Toshack Junior..

they havent got the money to bring in a name...even if the name is Lennon...

Maybe, but the 'joke' was an bigot like Lennon taking the helm of the Caravan Club

The 'Jack' fans and him would deserve each other ;)
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:01 am

Igovernor wrote:Jody Morris

A few saying him, most saying Toshack?

I would like them to have Toshack, Morris may have some decent contacts?
Bluebina

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:27 am

Sven wrote:

Chris, I think they should give it to Tate, just the "man" to manage them down to the basement :lol:
Igovernor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:46 am

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, I think they should give it to Tate, just the "man" to manage them down to the basement :lol:

Deffo agree with this. The perfect appointment :laughing5:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Jock » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:27 am

stickywicket wrote:

James/Hartson

That would be excellent :lol:
Jock

Postby Rhyswilli3303 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:39 am

At least we were able to bring in someone with experience at all levels like MM and TC.

Swansea will struggle this year and with not replacing Jordan Ayew shows they are more cash strapped than us. The season starts in eleven day's and they are running around trying to appoint a new manager. :laughing6:
Rhyswilli3303

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:48 am

Possibility losing grimes to Fulham to add to their woes. :D
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 am

Aston Villa assistant manager John Terry has been "categorically ruled out" of the vacant manager's position at Swansea City, BirminghamLive has been told.

Terry, 40, was missing from Villa's 4-0 pre-season win at Walsall last night with supporters quick to question his absence knowing Swans boss Steve Cooper resigned just prior to Villa's match at the Banks's Stadium.

"Swansea do not interest me, i am not saying where my future is at this moment, but its not Swansea."

"I’ve turned down two jobs since I’ve been here. Decent-sized clubs. But it’s going to take something special for me to leave here."

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:Aston Villa assistant manager John Terry has been "categorically ruled out" of the vacant manager's position at Swansea City, BirminghamLive has been told.

Terry to Swansea was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard he had left the Villans

Quote: "Categorically ruled out Swansea..."

He's gone up massively in my estimation... :laughing6:

So where do they go now? :?

Clearly 'the Swansea way' is being tested right now ;)
Sven

Re: A SECOND NO : “ SWANSEA CITY SNUBBED / ITS A NO “

Postby Crayfish » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm

What next Russell Slade turns down Swansea because they don't meet with his ambitions. Paul Trollope turns down Swansea because he prefers to stay at Truo.
Crayfish

Postby Sven » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Jock wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

James/Hartson

That would be excellent :lol:

Mrs Hartson settled in Scotland and won't be allowing him back 'home' anytime soon... ;)
Sven

Postby New Day Rising » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Ex Jack Lampard?? he'd do it for nuffin
New Day Rising

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Ex Jack Lampard?? he'd do it for nuffin

Sure he would Roathy :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:02 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Ex Jack Lampard?? he'd do it for nuffin

No chance he'll want money !!!!

More likely Toshack ?
Bluebina

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:14 pm

Swansea after numerous NO'S have now interviewed.

Swansea City have held talks with former Chelsea assistant Jody Morris as they continue their search for a new head coach.

Talks between both parties are understood to be ongoing, although sources have indicated there is at least one other candidate in the frame to take over from previous boss Steve Cooper.

Further talks are likely over the next few days, although it seems there's no imminent breakthrough on an appointment, with Alan Tate still expected to take charge of Wednesday's pre-season clash with Forest Green Rovers.

Morris has been out of work since losing his job as Frank Lampard's assistant at Chelsea, and was previously academy manager at Stamford Bridge.

There have previously been suggestions that Morris could come on board as assistant to John Terry, who has just left his role as assistant manager at Aston Villa.

Terry is now the bookies' favourite to take over, but sources have once again ruled out the possibility of him making the move to SA1.

The chances of moving for Lincoln City's Michael Appleton, who's just returned from a short break from the game due to his recent testicular cancer diagnosis, have also been played down.

Russell Martin is another name to have been mentioned, and he is believed to fit the profile of the sort of manager the Swans might go for, but it's not clear whether the club have made any approach at this stage.

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat